430 - Capristo Exhaust Bracket Kit & Ferrari Sport Exhaust | FerrariChat

430 Capristo Exhaust Bracket Kit & Ferrari Sport Exhaust

Discussion in '360/430' started by psessa, Feb 7, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. psessa

psessa Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2019
    Full Name:
    Perry Sessa
    Hello Everyone

Just purchased a 2007 F430 Red/Tan with 5k miles. I have been reading a lot on the forum about the problems with the exhaust manifolds. Would it make sense to install the Capristo Brackets on my stock exhaust? I was also considering purchasing the Ferrari Sport Exhaust Part #70003290 if so do I still need to replace the brackets & manifolds. This is my first Ferrari so any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

2. Jgivoo

Jgivoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2016
    New Jersey
    The ferrari OEM sport exhaust allows the sysrem to grow properly with heat. I am running the Ferrari OEM sport exhaust with no problems. I am not a fan of the capristo brackets with stock exhaust. In my opinion, the Capristo brackets Is a bandage. The Ferrari OEM sport exhaust solves the header stress cracking problem

3. psessa

psessa Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2019
    Full Name:
    Perry Sessa

4. psessa

psessa Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2019
    Full Name:
    Perry Sessa
    Tubi offers the same style exhaust with or without valves Part# TSFE430C05.003.A
    What is the better option?

5. Blackfspider

Blackfspider Rookie

Dec 6, 2019
    Malaysia
    Full Name:
    D
    ive also got the Ferrari sports exhaust. Seems to address the thermal expansion issues. Sounds good AND keeps the engine bay cooler.....

Jgivoo likes this.
  6. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    The Capristo bracket might be a bandage fix but it does the job, when you fit this you will need to remove some of the oem fixings

Ray Smith likes this.
  7. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    And shed a lot of weight in the process ...

Ray

8. Paul Kane

Paul Kane Karting

May 27, 2020
    Rickmansworth UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Kane
    I was told by Ferrari mechanics that these Capristo brackets cause a vibration through the chassis, they went on to say that clients complain about the vibration and have them removed.
    When my brackets started to split I fitted Superformance stainless steel solid brackets, I have Fabspeed headers.
    So far so good .

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    The trick is to get the spring tension right, mine are fine with no vibs

Ray Smith likes this.
  10. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    As are mine ...

11. AandSC

AandSC Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 12, 2016
    Jax, FL
    Full Name:
    Allen
    My Capristo brackets have been fine also. No issues.

12. Paul Kane

Paul Kane Karting

May 27, 2020
    Rickmansworth UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Kane
    I wanted those brackets after reading Fchat on the subject but the service dept were quite adamant I shouldn’t have them fitted.

13. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    Mine are fine. Eliminated a ton of weight too.

Ray

14. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    They want you to keep spending money on manifolds and gearbox brackets. Did they try and tell you they would fall off or make odd noise or vibrations

Ray Smith likes this.
  15. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    Someone will be looking for a "numbers matching" 430? They built 15,000 of them! The 430 may be a collectible, in about 100 years, but never in our lifetimes.

I recycled the cast iron clunker headers. They'll make some excellent anvils.

Ray

16. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    LOL! Look at Ray Smith calling BS on my crafty sales pitch... Ok, fine. Just toss the boat anchors and buy my manifolds... How's that?

17. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    A couple of years ago at JLG, Jay asked me, "Do you know the difference between a millionaire and a billionaire?" Before I could even answer, he says, "matching numbers."

18. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    I apologize for stepping on your sales pitch. I'm certain you make headers that are infinitely better than the OEM headers.

Having owned various Corvettes since 1990, I was always fascinated with the crowd who were obsessed with numbers matching cars. These were not "car guys", these were people who saw the cars as investment opportunities. They never drive the things, they just let them sit in "a secure location" waiting ― sometimes in vain ― for the car to appreciate so they can sell it and make a buck. If they lose money, they take a capital gain loss as a deduction.

Let's be clear, in Econ 101 they teach that "capital" includes the factors of production. A 1963 Split Window Coupe with matching numbers is not a factor of production. It creates no jobs, it produces no new technology, it's simply a toy. A Monet is not a factor of production. It's a status symbol. Just like a La Ferrari.

Why anyone would want a car with headers destined to fail, just to satisfy the "matching numbers" list, is beyond me. I have replaced so much of the stuff on my 430 it's amazing. Had I known Ferrari road cars had so many points of certain failure I would not have purchased mine.

Ray

Marcoboxer and Tubi Sales like this.
  19. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Bolting the exhaust to the chassis while the engine moves to it's own tune... nah. Can't think of a car manufacturer that does that.

20. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    I'm assuming this is sarcasm. Yes most cars the exhaust is bolted to the chassis with rubber isolators, but the engine is generally way up front and the exhaust is way out the back and usually has flexible sections near the engine to allow enhanced movement so that the exhaust and engine do move independent of each other.

21. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    No sarcasm. Most cars have the exhaust hanging freely under the car on rubber hangers. Our cars have the exhaust bolted to the gearbox. Capristo bolts it to the chassis. Never liked the idea. jmho

22. Paul Kane

Paul Kane Karting

May 27, 2020
    Rickmansworth UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Kane
    As I wrote earlier ...The eminent Ferrari workshop mechanic and service receptionist both said the Capristo brackets are difficult to fit and connect to the main chassis causing vibrations through the car. They said they’ve swapped back to OEM brackets due to client complaints.
    So who do I listen to as a new owner to my first F car.
    Mines a 2005 spider manual with Fabspeed headers and OEM exhaust.

23. Jgivoo

Jgivoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2016
    New Jersey
    Sounds like you're good to go. Aftermarket headers and brackets I wouldn't do anything. Leave as is and enjoy

24. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Odd to say difficult to fit, more like they are not interested. I did mine without a ramp on my garage floor.
    Makes me wonder if the client car had the 2 big washers on the wrong side, that would remove the gap to the body, so the full bracket was resting on the body