812 VS Rumors | Page 165 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Well, I am coming to the conclusion I wont be offered a 812VS. Both dealers I work with in two geo's have both stated that they will get way less 812VS's than they asked for. Asked for means for the VIP customers (not just any customers). I am OK with this (I am at the Acceptance and Embrace stage of the 4 stages of Acceptance :) ).

Time to get super serious about an F12 TDF (Embrace Stage)

2. kenvw

kenvw Rookie

Jul 16, 2016
    I think there should be a category of Ferrarri owners who have the most highest level of being mistreated by a Ferrari dealership and then having it covered by an ASM. Then by happenstance to be ultimately disgraced by using the so called one of the last 2019 Pista coupe as a peace offering knowing it was going to be over produced and allocations opened to satisfy all Top Tiered buyers in 2020. I feel there should be a Ferrarri “standing” which is the highest level mistreated Ferrarri buyer for 3-4 years by a Ferrarri Dealership and NAF which gets made right by Ferrari because having a journalist write a story about how Ferrarri dealt with an ongoing a”identity fraud” for 3 years which then gets cleared by a Pista which dropped its value by $100k as the consolation prize is not a good way to treat a 7 car purchases which were put into other customers names. Sad that I had an intuition, so had a another sales guy to check a VIN # to find out my cars were being put into other customers names. Ferrari solution no penalties to dealership and as I mentioned got me to buy their bait a switch car that brought in tons of money to tell all their next customers that the F8 tributo was as good as the Pista .... except with a $200k higher MonRoney sticker.

cesman and Tommy Boy like this.
  3. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    I think if the 812 VS is not numbered there will be as many of them as Pistas and Pista Spiders and probably in similar proportions. Why not? I also believe the 812 VS Spider will not have a heavy mechanical top but a carbon detachable roof panel to save weight in an area that would make a real difference because of its high center of gravity.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    I really like the carbon roof panel idea. Plus Bianco King rides again!!!

5. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Hard to see them re-engineering the roof of the GTS to make a VS in a few copies...too expensive and also a nightmare to homologation. I’d be very surprised if they did that

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

6. kwanmacher

kwanmacher Rookie

Oct 6, 2017
    Heard from my dealer that there will be both a “targa” and a “coupe” versions of the VS, so if true that’d suggest removable top that’s different from GTS and would make it more special imo. Wondering if others have heard the same?

of2worlds and Art_collector like this.
  7. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    That sounds pretty much exciting, and on point with the VS idea...

+1

Who exactly has a Bianco king car ?

Unfortunally, you may be right, but after thinking again, removing the roof mecanism and replacing the metal panel by some manual operated CF panel can maybe be done without too much headache...

But I personnaly agree with you, I don't see Ferrari engineer a brand new system for a few VS apertas

That a 2nd person talking about a different open top system...

8. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    The Monza has only « bumps » behind the seats, with no other kind of roof. Why not using the safety system of the Monza by « only » adding a removable roof panel? Thus there is no need to develop an to homologate a new safety system, just to develop a panel and a way to attach it.

This is an open question, not a contradiction to what you say :) me too I don’t see the point of developing a new safety system for a limited edition - even thought Ferrari has already done that for the Monza.

9. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    #4109 Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 18, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    So..... 9am London 10am Milan ...wassup?;)

Maybe wait for East Coast USA to wake up ?

isot likes this.
  10. Art_collector

Art_collector Karting

Jul 13, 2019
    It’s just a video that say you are on the list for the 812 speciale. Hope there will come more.

ForeverCar, of2worlds, F140C and 3 others like this.
  11. BG23

BG23 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2015
    Australia
    Thanks Art_collector. Did you get it as a notification on the my ferrari app?

12. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    #4112 Maximus1977, Feb 18, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    email received with link to website:

"Some remarkable news is coming from Ferrari. Something reserved only for the few. And, as a valued Ferrarista, we wanted to tell you first.

Our Chief Marketing and Commercial Officer Enrico Galliera has recorded this brief video to give you a taste of what's coming.

Your Ferrari dealer will be in touch to answer your questions and provide you with more details soon."

Small video of telling me I'm on the list for the new 812 Special Version; The Versione Speciale whilst being in Enzo's office.
    "It's a new model that will reprsent a breakthrough; you will see.
    A video will not be enough be you will have to be patient.
    This short video is to let you know you are on the list.
    Your dealer will contact you the next few days."

That's it, no details, sounds or images.

13. Maximus1977

Feb 13, 2016
    Dealer is receiving aprox 20% of the 812VS compared to regular 812SF.
    Roughly 40-50% more units than the TDF.
    No talks yet about an Aperta version.
    Dealers are receiving more info the upcoming days/weeks.

ForeverCar, of2worlds and F140C like this.
  14. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    .... so over 1000 pcs only for the coupe’..

15. Maximus1977

Feb 13, 2016
    About 1200 units I'm guessing.

16. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
  17. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Let the games begin!;)

18. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I think that is the all-in number. Dealers do not know the split at this stage

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

19. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Okay, so how many you just checked your spam folder to “juuuuust make double-sure the email didn’t get diverted there?”
    (I did...)
    :D

MidnightRun, LMH, Dubaicity and 2 others like this.
  20. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Ferrari marketing masterclass. Staggered mail release, leading to grown men worried they got one. Did you get one ?? They are very good at creating this stir. On their own in automotive circles, maybe Porsche gets close but in their style. Well played Ferrari.

21. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    only my guess 999 coupe and 299 aperta

22. Art_collector

Art_collector Karting

Jul 13, 2019
    Officieel reveal will be on 22.02 if I’m correct

ForeverCar, of2worlds, isot and 2 others like this.
  23. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    That would be the best way to start the next week!

Art_collector likes this.
  24. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK