For Sale - 1984 Ferrari 512 BBi - one owner car | Page 5 | FerrariChat

For Sale 1984 Ferrari 512 BBi - one owner car

Discussion in 'Cars' started by AMG USA, Nov 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    GinoBBi512 that was Armen's dad. they still have most of those cars and Armen is on the board here: AG512BBi

2. ferrari1971

ferrari1971 Karting

Jul 26, 2015
    Santa Barbara , Ca.
    Why has this car not sold? I have noticed that these cars sell at RM, Gooding etc , but they just sit at dealer showrooms. This price seems fair in the condition that it is in. It is a real beauty.

3. tonyswfla

tonyswfla Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 2, 2007
    Florida
    maybe its the seats, odd looking and orange coloring

4. amust

amust Rookie

May 6, 2016
    Last 2021 RM Arizona auction, a BBi512 1984(15.000miles and $90,000 in invoices) sold for $230.000 that includes 12%premium to the house from the buyer +10 to 12% premium from the seller. If my calculations are exact the seller sold this Ferrari for aprox $183,000 I am aware at the end it is what the final hammer price somebody was willing to pay counts. They are selling like you mentioned at auctions, but at what final money to the owner. I have personally not seen the auction car or the Atlantis Motors BB512 so I'm in no way comparing one against the other
    Cheers

5. AMG USA

AMG USA Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Jan 4, 2017
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Atlantis Motor Group
    We don't understand why it hasn't sold either. It's the nicest BBi for sale in the country, and is well priced. But everything sells eventually. BTW, Using a 12% Buyer premium. $230k would mean $205k net to owner (205 X 1.12 = 229.6).

6. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Hi Gino,
    Good memory! We still own the property on PCH and still have the 512 BBI and 288 amongstothers these days..
    F-40 sold a long time ago.
    Here is a photo from back in the late 90's early 2000.
    I appreciate the kind words.
    Its easier to be nice than not nice.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

jjmalez, 4rextc, AtSomePoint and 3 others like this.
  7. amust

amust Rookie

May 6, 2016
    You are correct $205 to the owner, but the owner also has to pay the Auction house the 12% for selling his/her car = $183.000
    Regards

Jakuzzi likes this.
  8. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I'm sorry to hear that Dennis passed away. He was quite the colorful character, and he told me the story of picking up this car after I told him I was on my way over to pick up my new 612 at the factory. He had a remarkable car collection as well. Lots of Porsches, as I recall.

9. AMG USA

AMG USA Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Jan 4, 2017
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Atlantis Motor Group
    Yes he did. We've sold them all except this BBi and The 73 Porsche Iroc RSR, which we'll put up for sale soon.

10. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    There are still some cars in Oregon, aren't there?

11. ferrari1971

ferrari1971 Karting

Jul 26, 2015
    Santa Barbara , Ca.
    #111 ferrari1971, Feb 19, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    I think the amg car would sell in a heartbeat at the $200 range. The RM car was offered to me at $225 after the block all in. I think since there is no sense of urgency at a dealership so people stay on the fence. The seller of the RM car probably netted $195 or so for a very nice car with Wayne Obry signature on it so it had to be beyond nice plus $90,000 worth of service. The amg car drawbacks to me is that the interior looks a little too new (odd) as previously stated. Other than that it appears top notch.

12. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I believe they stated the owner did something with the seats in the AMG car, something about comfort. So then I wonder if they were always the Zegna fabric or originally leather.

13. AMG USA

AMG USA Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Jan 4, 2017
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Atlantis Motor Group
    They were originally leather. The owner wanted the Zegna seats, so he had covers made from the original Zegna patterns.

George Vosburgh likes this.
  14. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I would just add that this car is drop dead gorgeous.