812 VS Rumors | Page 176 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ph7

ph7 Karting

Jul 8, 2019
    the video sent to the people on the list does mot say what the name is right?

2. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Just a quick side comment with regards to sound. A friend has a 348 with a stock exhaust and that sounds wonderful, deep and throaty baritone sounding. More vintage Ferrari’s also have that baritone sound. I think the screaming F1 sound is relatively new.

Ltfor3, Caeruleus11 and Avia11 like this.
  3. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    strong effort to explain a simple concept... but when Dunning-Kruger is in full effect reality is lost...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

paulchua, GK18, kwanmacher and 3 others like this.
  4. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I just read that, hilarious...but now I’m concerned...I know I’m smart, good-looking, and...and...funny, right?
    Damn! :oops:

paulchua, Avia11 and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  5. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    paulchua, Avia11 and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  6. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Ltfor3, Avia11 and italiafan like this.
  7. Ltfor3

Ltfor3 Karting

Oct 14, 2013
    FL
    Full Name:
    L.T.
    Lots of goo flying around and we don’t even know the details of the car yet, but to join the fray....
    NA to assisted by electric motors or turbos would seem to be a defining moment we can probably all agree on as a large enough change to care about.
    If true I guess we should go ahead and stick a 812 or GTS (Monza if you have it) in the barn so our great grandkids can find it someday and head to Pebble Beach.
    I hope they can find a place to get some gas....

stavura, ilCapo, Bundy and 6 others like this.
  8. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I'm thinking mostly about how the car looks. I have zero anxieties about the powertrain to be honest. Let's see what happens. Good times ahead.

9. Ltfor3

Ltfor3 Karting

Oct 14, 2013
    FL
    Full Name:
    L.T.
    Agree, I prefer looking at them and driving them to wondering how it is the same or different from a sewing machine

F140C, isot and Lukeylikey like this.
  10. Jljr

Jljr Rookie

Feb 25, 2018
    Miami Beach
    I really couldn’t care less about this never ending over analysis of what properly describes the 812SF. I was fortunate to spec, order, and receive this, my first Ferrari, and throughly enjoy driving and admiring the lines of an amazing car that offers performance that far exceeds my driving capability. I hope all those who are desperately waiting to receive notice of being selected for a replacement yet to be revealed are as happy with their vehicle as I am.

11. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Me too. I'm sure the numbers and specs will be stunning and will set a new benchmark...but I can't wait to see how It looks!

12. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Everyone wants what they don't have or can't have is the message here.

13. Jljr

Jljr Rookie

Feb 25, 2018
    Miami Beach
    Yep. Hope you are safe in Austin.

wrs likes this.
  14. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K

Jag, I hope Ferrari realty recognises your unstoppable enthusiasm for this car, and names it just for you: 812GOO.
    :)

15. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX

GPF review:

(x) adds HEAT SOAK to engine bay, did Ferrari do anything to reduce the heat? unlikely, needs to be there for GPF to function

(x) removes high frequencies from upper RPM so 7000rpm "pitch" is hardly distinguishable from 9000rpm pitch (without hot tube such as on F8/SF90)

(x) adds COMPLEXITY, it has to burn off soot, it is an 'active device' unlike catalysts

(x) POISONS the engine, by the ECU forcing the engine to run lean to increase exhaust gas temperatures to do full soot/regenerate cycle

(x) REDUCES horsepower by a fixed amount, at least 20PS (yes, catalysts also do this, just another negative, that's why listed last here)

I believe none of that is any good, hence the significance of GPF discussion in discussions....

16. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    You are 100% right I think . As far as power is concerned I’ve been told they raise up the power to 820 HP on 812 with GPS and with the loss of 25 hp due to GPF , engine output is 795 HP

of2worlds, Caeruleus11 and F140C like this.
  17. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Just remove the GPF! Easily done. Problem solved

stavura, GK18, gliazzurri and 5 others like this.
  18. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Does anyone know how many cells have non-gpf 812 catalysts?
    800/600/400?

19. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Problem created: voided warranty.

20. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    If you haven't experienced the original Ferrari V12 style/feel/sound in person, you need to click on these videos and experience it. If after you do that, you still think the 812 GTS is falling short you should clean the wax out of your ears, get some new batteries for your hearing aids, and then see an otolaryngologist, a neurologist, and quiet possibly a psychiatrist. It is absolutely marvelous how Ferrari has re-engineered the authentic V12 Ferrari sound for the 812 GTS. The quality of the sound, the feel of the car, its absolutely breathtaking sillhouette, and the emotions you feel when you drive it are why it is the best modern-day V12, just short of the more hardcore F12 TDF.

junc, JagShergill, Lukeylikey and 3 others like this.
  21. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Plus ILLEGAL in certain countries (such as Switzerland and maybe others too).

Marcel Massini

350MH83, mofatmi9, roma1280 and 3 others like this.
  22. bearmdjd

bearmdjd Karting

Jul 10, 2017
    Alright, well since you asked, I'm an Otolaryngologist and owner of both an 812SF (no GPF) and a GTS. They're different, but I completely agree, it's still an exceptional sound. The factory really has managed to do an incredible job with the sound on the GTS. I don't get all of the hand wringing about the GPF when it comes to sound. If there's a difference in the high pitched shriek over 7k RPM I haven't noticed it. Now, all of the technical changes that the GPF forces on the entire drivetrain, that's a different story. GPF vs non-GPF is purely a problem only in the world of FerrariChat.

If I cared more I would put the two side by side and do a comparison.

stavura, 350MH83, of2worlds and 6 others like this.
  23. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    +1 ... I also have both and agree with everything you said.

24. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    Dear Marcel,

What is your opinion on the number of 812VS that will be produced. Dealer says it is the same level of exclusivity as for the TDF hence around 6-7 units per dealer. Others are saying it will be 10%+ units (like Pista Spider)...

of2worlds likes this.
  25. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Illegal all over Europe I believe.

What is the punishment in Switzerland for not having GPF? hang you, and send your family to a slave labour camp?:D

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app