Pista out and 765lt just in | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Pista out and 765lt just in

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by mkraft3003, Feb 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Yes that and my car has 4600 miles on it is absurd for a 2019...I don’t deserve to be a Ferrari guy ;-)

2. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I’m far more excited to get my 765LT than I’d be any current Ferrari. Ban me!

3. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I hear if you drive it too much they’ll seize it the next time it’s in for service. :eek:

Napoli, GT2goneF and mdrums like this.
  4. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    You have banned yourself.

5. ForeverCar

ForeverCar Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2017
    OP, got a chance to drive the 765LT more? I’d love to hear your thoughts on it and comparing to the Pista.

Don’t ban me. :eek:

6. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    It rained all week so it sat in the garage. Yesterday was the first sunny day and I put about 125 miles on it. I’ll write up a full review but I can tell you it is INSANE!! The speed is like nothing I have experienced before and the exhaust is coming alive as it gets broken in. It pops and gurgles and sounds awesome ( if you are a fan of that. Kind of reminds me of how an AMG sounds and puts a smile on my face every time). The looks are exotic and I’m very happy with the Burton Blue color. It definitely stands out and every time I stopped it drew a large crown. Even at a stop light I had some people get out of their cars to take pictures of it (only once did I get the question “what kind of car is that?” “A Mclaren.” “Who Makes it?” “Mclaren”). As for comparing it to the Pista it was similar from when I went from my 488gtb to the 720s. The performance (speed and handling) are significantly improved. The Pista had a deeper exhaust sound where the 765lt is more of a higher pitch (they were aiming for F1 sound). The Pista was hands down easier to get in and out of and more spacious. The 765lt is a challenge due to the carbon tub and the senna seats make it even harder (once you are in, you are really IN). I still love the Ferrari large tach staring you in the face and F1 type steering wheel. With that being said the 765lt is amazing. The best comparison I can make is when I drove the Pista it felt like it great race car. When I drive the 765lt it feels like I am driving a race car from the future. The acceleration is hard to describe but if you have ever driven something like a Yamaha R1 it is like that but on steroids. It is hard for your brain to fully process the speed. Everything about it is breathtaking and I’m very happy with the purchase. I’ll post a full review with photos after I put some more miles on it.

7. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Every new owner of the 765 echos your sentiments. The blistering speed is a given, but what makes it so uniquely special is how immersive, compelling, unfiltered and engaging it is. This is precisely why I bought it. Another few weeks and I will be able to experience the thrill ride. Can’t wait.

8. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    LOL Business is good, but probably will be awhile before I would add another super car. The wife would want a Condo on the beach in Marco before that can happen and that will cost a pretty penny.

9. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    My faith is central to my life, so yes I believe God has blessed me, he gives me the ability, wisdom and tenacity to succeed. To much has been given, much is expected so I try to help others as much as I can.

racerdj, m3995, Drson and 9 others like this.
  10. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Very well said. The Pista is an incredible car in many ways and I may likely get another but the 765 to me feels like several more levels up. They are both beautiful in different ways, the Pista being probably the more sexy car and the 765 is more hyper car looking. Drive-wise the 765 feels so planted, the sound from the exhaust is more aggressive. Its deeper than the 720 and now has some real pops on downshifts. Acceleration is unlike anything I've ever driven, I felt this way with the 720 but now its turned up to 11. This car checks all the boxes for me. I would like to drive it every chance I get.

11. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I felt that way about Mclaren. The 570S and 720S are both stellar performers. The 720S set new standards in its class. Subjectively, it did not embrace me. It was excessively refined and compliant. I highly respected its capabilities but it was not sufficiently engaging to drive. The F8, on the other hand, I adored. It is highly objectively stellar and it simultaneously tugs at the heart strings. Small things in agregate evoked an emotional attachment to the car. The feel of that tactile steering wheel, still the finest I have had the pleasure of wrapping my hands around, the seating position, the scent of the interior, and the overall feel of the car simply engendered confidence. And in true car fanatic mania, it was traded in for the 765.

Boomhauer likes this.
  12. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    My God continue to bless you.Good men like you are very deserving.

13. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Well said Buddy. Right there with you.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Drson and GT2goneF like this.
  14. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I think about this from time to time. At the end of my life, would I rather be judged (legacy wise not by God or anything) by how many millions are in my bank account or by how many millionaires I’ve helped create? I’ll have 3 employees cross that threshold by this time next year.

15. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I totally agree. God has blessed me beyond my dreams. Like many, I worked very hard, but when I look back on my life/career, there were many God moments, where events occurred that simply didn’t have to occur. Some might call that luck or mere coincidence, but my Faith informs me otherwise.

And from the earliest time I can remember, my Mom drummed into my head that I was given much, and so much would be expected....

racerdj, m3995, Drson and 10 others like this.
  16. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Looks great. Enjoy.

17. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    What a car can’t wait to hear more about your driving impressions!

18. MotorMouth

MotorMouth Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I think the SF90 looks modern with a retro 90s F50 feel. I wish it were a little more extreme though. It seems they were making a real effort to keep it looking less hypercar.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  19. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    of2worlds, rossodino and Thecadster like this.
  20. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    That’s a great way to describe it. When I brought it home last week my wife took one look at it and said “nope, not even going to try to get in it”.

21. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    My wife had no problem getting in or out but wearing a dress is out of the equation.

Gh21631 likes this.
  22. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    This is why I’m speccing my spider with the P1 seats. My wife will never ride with me.

GT2goneF, Thecadster and Jo Sta7 like this.
  23. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I ended up with the p1 seats.

24. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    You guys were raised like that so it’s hard to unplug still all good as long as you don’t behave like this:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

GT2goneF and Thecadster like this.