Insurance | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Insurance

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ScottS, Jun 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. supermoo

supermoo Rookie

Sep 28, 2009
    Boulder, CO
    That seems to be an amazing quote. I am looking at an FF and it is $112/month with 3000 miles.

2. Circle K

Circle K Karting

Dec 21, 2017
    Full Name:
    KC
    To save, remove items you don’t need on certain cars like rental, you have several cars, it’s not like they’re going to get you a Ferrari. Towing, if you have AAA then you don’t need towing on your policy.

3. hallsdad

hallsdad Karting

Mar 6, 2010
    Cayce, SC
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #28 hallsdad, Dec 9, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    Never heard of it, but I’m looking it up now. My 355 with less value is 6 fold that.

Update: did the online quote and it went to 7 fold...you must be in a really cheap state for insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    I have Condon Skelly in NJ. I went to a broker recommended by Mike from Yellow Compass. They were very easy to work with. We set an agreed upon value for the car and I have not and hope to never make a claim.

Cheers,
    Corey

Mel Spillman likes this.
  5. California4Ever

Feb 16, 2021
    Full Name:
    San s
    Does Geico insure Ferraris?

6. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    They insure mine ...

California4Ever likes this.
  7. subalou1

subalou1 Karting

Nov 12, 2009
    NY
    I use Grundy who gave a reasonable rate with an agreed upon value.

iloveferrari likes this.
  8. 456dreamer

456dreamer Rookie

Feb 19, 2021
    Aptos, CA
    Full Name:
    Menko
    Geico does not insure Ferrari in CA, at least it is not on their online list.
    My quotes for annual premiums for my 2002 456M GTA 50Kmls fixed value $60K:
    - Hagerty $ 1091
    - State Farm $2264
    - Grundy $932
    - AAA $ 1600, but they were the only one that did not let me dictate the value of the car.
    My experience (this is not my first used sportscar) is that you just have to shop around online. It is easy with the online quoting, you will get calls but just low ball them in the call with a number that you are willing to pay. And everytime other companies have won, so I have insurances with 3 different companies. Even if I try to bundle, it is more expensive. So for your Ferrari, shop around and take the one that fits you best.

Mirek likes this.
  9. mdarwin

mdarwin Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 10, 2021
    Hello. Do you still source insurance. I need a policy for a 2016 California in NC.

10. rmfurzeland

rmfurzeland Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Ron Furzeland
    Geico Texas just told me they no will no longer insure my 599, after 8 years of doing it !
    Ron

11. JOHNCJ8989

JOHNCJ8989 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2003
    Full Name:
    John

They just notified me that they won’t cover my 348 any longer. 55 years old, perfect record and never a claim. Have 3 cars insured with them…

12. lopena

lopena Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Talk to Chubb…they have a large classic car program and are well respected for their claims paying…I have four collector cars with them.

good luck,
    Alan
    N.J.

13. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Might you have a comparison to Hagerty? My premiums with Hagerty have been reasonable once I reached their drivers club level. Seems a lot of rally’s and car events are now sponsored by Chubb. Seems to me they have previously been a background insurer, but have come to the forefront lately.

14. lopena

lopena Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Back when I made the switch from Hagerty to Chubb, Chubb was cheaper (but that was a good ten years ago). You’ll need to get current quotes to know for sure.

Chubb figured out that car collectors usually have above-average income and wealth, meaning they have big houses, boats, jewelry, vacation homes, etc….all things that need insurance.

Alan
    N.J.

slm likes this.
  15. anteekdoc

anteekdoc Rookie

Jul 28, 2012
    Warren Pa
    I was dis appointed with USAA rates that keep goin up on my cars..$8178.00 annually for a 2013 458 and a 2017 DB11.
    Looked into American Collectors Car Insurance...their quote was under 5000.00.
    However, after I uploaded multiple pics of cars and storage area, mileage, etc they informed me they were only insuring "hobby" vehicles now..
    cars only driven to car shows.
    Even though the sample policy they sent me said occasional drives to work, etc were ok.
    I drove my cars about 500-700 miles a year.
    So....they want to insure cars that are not driven..nice work if you can get it.
    I would suggest avoiding them unless you fit the above mold...and, oh yea, they want pictures of awards it wins to prove you go only to shows.

16. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Did you try grundy and hagerty? what did they quote?

17. anteekdoc

anteekdoc Rookie

Jul 28, 2012
    Warren Pa
    No..plan to this weekend..will ley you know

Auraraptor likes this.
  18. dera

dera Karting

Oct 7, 2023
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Mikko
    Try Geico. I just added my 16 Cali T to my policy in NC and my premium went DOWN from the 991.1 I traded in.