360 - Aftermarket seats to gain more interior room for taller driver. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 Aftermarket seats to gain more interior room for taller driver.

Discussion in '360/430' started by Dryfly, Jan 17, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jonnyringo

Jonnyringo Rookie

Apr 17, 2014
    The first set of Bride seats I bought and installed were the Euroster II seats with the Bride YZ seat rail/slider, I didn't quite like the color of the suede so I just recently switch to a set of Bride Vorga seats with the Bride RO seat rail/slider.

2. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

#27 NMNMNMN, Feb 9, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    Thanks Johnny, can you relate which ones sat you lower in the car?

Also, I am not finding the Vorga model on the internet, is that the model or the color? Or maybe you have the same model different color?

You have no idea how much your posts have saved time for all of us looking for lower seats! Thanks so much!

3. Jonnyringo

Jonnyringo Rookie

Apr 17, 2014

You won’t find the Vorga on their website anymore, they discontinued the seat a couple years ago so I had to find some used in good shape. The Vorga sits about a 1/2 lower than the euroster but that’s really only because of the thinner but cushion.

if you’re looking for something sporty I’d look at the Stradia II found here https://bride-jp.com/en/seat/stradia/ if you want something a little wider go with the Stradia XL and if you want something that’s more bucket seat like but still reclines, there is the Gias.

everything available from Bride for the 360/430 platform can be found here.

https://bride-jp.com/en/_cars/imported-car/FER/FE14644.html

If you need help know who to order from or any other questions, send me a message. Hopefully this helps many people in the future who either don’t want oem seats, don’t want to spend $10k on oem carbon seats or people who just want to be different, like me. I’ve still only found two other 430’s with Bride seats in them through internet searches, hoped there’s more or will be more out there.

geffrocks_86 and NMNMNMN like this.
  4. Dryfly

Dryfly Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2012
    Seattle area
    Update!
    My local seat vendor (425 motorsports in Kirkland Washington) just got in a pair of the Sparco CF Seats!
    VERY nice, lift with 2 fingers! They also manufacture seat brackets for just about all sports cars in house under their brand name "Planted".
    In order to get the seats low enough for me to see the clearance height reduction that I need (6'2" and just a bit too tall) they will need to somewhat reinvent the brackets that they already manufacture, retaining the stock mounting points and still having front to back adjustment. They have offered to use my car as a fitment "mule" but I may get some relief for the R&D if some members are interested in my outcome (assuming it accomplishes the goal of picking up 1-1 1/2" lower). If they are successful, the new (lower) brackets will allow the installation of just about ANY aftermarket seats at a lower finished height.

I have been seeking a solution for this for my 7 years of ownership as have many of you, please chime in if you are interested!

dgi likes this.
  5. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Interested ... I want either chrono or r600

6. EhellGuapo

EhellGuapo Karting

Sep 25, 2016
    I’m interested. I just need to figure out what seat to use. I was kinda disappointed to hear how high the SPX seating position was vs the stock Daytona after seeing how perfect the reupholster job turned out on the above set. Hopefully it can get lower with a different mount or we will at least be able to get some seat to roof measurements to lead us to the right choice. I’m sure I’m not alone in saying that any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. EhellGuapo

EhellGuapo Karting

Sep 25, 2016
    I measured 36 inches, seat to roof. The seat is in it’s lowest position. I’m 6’2” and this leaves just under 2” from the top of my head to the roof. Definitely feels like I’d need at least another 2” to wear a helmet as the roofline is curving down and to the left at the seated position.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

I am interested in the “new” planted brackets and perhaps the Braid seats? Very interested to see what comes of the planted job as I am sure MANY other folks are as well. It seems to be a widespread issue of needing a lower seat height.

9. griffith500

griffith500 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2010
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I am very interested in this sliders as well, assuming they will provide 1 - 1.5" lowering

10. becausephilchow

becausephilchow Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    I used to have the Planted, and they were too high. If they're willing to revise them, and make them lower, then that's great news!

toussi1 likes this.
  11. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

Okay ready to know more can you advise who to order through? Thanks

12. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Im used to bmw where my bum sits far back and has an incline for my legs

I found if i set the seat the same i run out of headroom (im almost 6ft) so i flatten the daytona electric seat and i fit fine

13. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Correct, you use a more reclined seating position; more straight armed driving. But that is always the case for tall people in sports cars.

14. Jonnyringo

Jonnyringo Rookie

Apr 17, 2014
    There are a ton of retailers for them but feel free to message me what you were looking for and I’ll let you know who I ordered through.

NMNMNMN likes this.
  15. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

Thank you! You are a gentleman.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

16. beda

beda Rookie

Apr 27, 2005
    UK
    Did anyone get any further with the bride seat and side mounts / runners? Desperate to find a solution!
    Thanks for any update you can give

17. Dryfly

Dryfly Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2012
    Seattle area
    I sold my 360 about a year ago. Never came up with a solution.

18. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    I just had an '04 manual gearbox 360 delivered last week. After having a few CS's, I hate the "sitting on top" of this car as opposed to the sitting "in" the car feeling the CS provides. To that end, I bit a huge bullet and bought a very used set of large, charcoal, factory sport seats off of ebay. Right size, right color for my interior, carbon backed sport seats......unobtanium....had to grab them. When they come in and I get them put in, i'll report impressions. Hoping they will be about 1" lower.

Texas Forever likes this.
  19. toussi1

toussi1 Karting

Jun 10, 2007
    USA
    Planted brackets with sliders is above manual seat height, very annoying. So you must cut and weld them. They also weight a ton!

20. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert

Did anyone else notice Beda first post after 17 year membership??!!!!
    Wow!!!

Flea7, Vegas CS and Mike Morrissey like this.
  21. beda

beda Rookie

Apr 27, 2005
    UK
    Ha! Joined as a kid, now trying to buy!

dgi, Simon, NeuroBeaker and 2 others like this.
  22. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    Got the seats in from ebay and installed. 100% improvement. I do sit at the same height as I did in my CS's. Which is to say about an inch lower than electric daytonas. I bought a dye kit and sorted that worn bolster as well. Seats looks amazing and have transformed my driving experience.

23. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Awesome! :cool:

All the best,
    Andrew.

24. Jonnyringo

Jonnyringo Rookie

Apr 17, 2014