Is this a project Scuderia? | FerrariChat

Is this a project Scuderia?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Usurp, Feb 22, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Usurp

Usurp Rookie

Sep 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hey guys, I found a low mileage scuderia (just 26,000KM) at a very reasonable price (around 130,000USD). I had the car checked by a garage and it doesn't seem to be involved in any accident but seems to have been neglected and parked in the sun for some time. The front bumper has been painted and repaired with fiberglass, and the car popped up a bunch of error codes but it could be because the battery was dead.

The car has all the specs I want and more importantly priced really well but, there is another car, same specs but 70,000km mileage and ferrari approved. Which would you guys recommend out of curiosity?

Here are pictures of the car, does this seem like a big project car or just minor stuff? The low mileage is really an attractive point for me and the fact it's located a lot closer to me, so shipping would be a lot cheaper and a lot quicker.

https://imgur.com/a/4r2XPaa

2. Danedingerson

Danedingerson Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 26, 2011
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Dane
    Most of those errors are common with battery dead.

3. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    what exactly does "ferrari approved" mean?

i'd be extremely wary of any higher-end car like an f-car that's been sitting for quite obviously a long time. it may not have many issues outside a bad battery (which most of the items on that list *PROBABLY* are, as mentioned) right now, but chances are seals, gaskets, etc are about to fail (if they aren't already) and you're going to have a hell of a sieve on your hands.

if the 70k-kilometer car has a proper, timely service history i'd lean toward that one for a driver.

both cars are likely to need some attention of course, but given proper service intervals the higher-mileage car would be my choice all day.

Flea7 likes this.
  4. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    A 12 yr old Ferrari that’s been neglected? No thanks, in the long run you’d likely end up spending more money likely getting it all sorted out then just buying a Nice example in the first place.

5. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The 70k car isnt the one thats been neglected.

6. Usurp

Usurp Rookie

Sep 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mark
    thanks for the feedback everyone, I think I already knew I needed to avoid the neglected one, but I think I just needed to hear it from someone else.

7. Scottslaw

Scottslaw Formula Junior

I concur that the 70km one is probably better if looked after. All that cosmetic stuff really adds up in terms of cost (ask me how I know!). With that said, the engines on these things are pretty stout and for the most part everything is well engineered (with a few notable exceptions, like headers, but scuds don't have the same issues since no interegrated pre-cats). Also, cars that sit a bunch can have f1 system problems (accumulators, etc...). Good luck. they are super fun cars and do well with mileage if well maintained! (my scud has 63,000 miles!).

Usurp and armedferret like this.