Pista out and 765lt just in | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Pista out and 765lt just in

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by mkraft3003, Feb 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    My wife never rides with me in any of the supercars. Too loud, too uncomfortable and I drive like a maniac (her words not mine). Lol.

2. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    My wife loves riding in the super cars but I need to take it easy when cornering. Shrieks and squeals ensue if I transgress. Flooring it in a straight line is ok.

cole328 and Thecadster like this.
  3. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    My fiancé gets motion sickness when driving with me.

Thecadster likes this.
  4. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    What I think is the worst invention in the history of marriage is the passenger display that Ferrari has.

Slow down!

Honey I’m only going 35....

Liar! I have the speed right in front of me!

5. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Same with me. My wife has been ridden in each of my cars exactly once. That’s it. She gets motion sick rather easily and has zero interest in my absurd, and expensive, habit. I am just fortunate she doesn’t keep me from enjoying my passion.

mkraft3003 likes this.
  6. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Wife said nope... You managed to get a toy for yourself only, just by adding a Senna seat. Who would have guessed! LOL... It does look challenging but seems like tremendously comfortable when you are in them. Almost like being cradled by one's loving mother. Can't get any more confidently safe than that.

I can say that I am not as smooth as I used to be getting in and out of the GT2 (has bucket seats), but that my friend; that is a Fear Factor Challenge. I am glad that you don't have those seats in the LeMans, like in the classic races (Land rush start). I can imagine running to the car and trying to get in, you will start last, then you gain 1st place. Then you do the driver switch, you get out, the other driver gets in, again start last on the relay... So on...

7. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Is she part of the Cirque du Soleil acrobats?

8. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    On purpose???

9. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I am OK with that... Thanking God, that is...

Boomhauer, buddyg and AD211 like this.
  10. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I hope you meant ridden and not been ridden...

My wife and yours should be friends. My wife hates my GT2. She loves the CLS 63S and the GLE 63S. I am sure she will hate the F8 as well.

We can leave them gossiping and we go on our drives undisturbed.

Divexxtreme and Thecadster like this.
  11. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    sorry- if I have the senna seats, she won’t ride with me. Frankly I love the look and fit of the senna seats but getting in and out-y fat ass is getting too old for it.

buddyg, JAM1 and GT2goneF like this.
  12. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Well...that was a poor choice of words. She’s ridden once....

Divexxtreme and GT2goneF like this.
  13. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I know. Like I said, my GT2 doesn't have the CF tub and has bucket seats and it is a little ungraceful to get in and out. My wife hates them and doesn't enjoy the "rough" (which I call the appropriate sport) ride of the car. I can only imagine Senna seats and the CF tub, making the car be a two seat-one seater car, like a Monza SP1. You have the extra seat but nobody will want to ride with you.

14. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I’m in the same position. My wife rides in each car maybe once or twice if we go out but that’s it. No interest. I’ve offered to buy her anything she likes and she just isn’t into sports cars. The one thing I did though was sold her g550 and got her a Urus. Now she says she doesn’t want to have a different car. Maybe the car obsession is wearing off on her. There are worse things I suppose!

ryalex and GT2goneF like this.
  15. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    What you do in your own time, don't need to publish... In addition... Pretty acrobatic of you! LOL... We all meant what you meant. Gotta love the crew. Big brotherhood!

16. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Well, in that case you do what I did. She had a GL550 that was several years old and over 100k. Was the SUV for kids for school, baseball practice, baseball tournaments/travel ball, etc. Excellent work horse. It did very well. Took it for service and had some normal wear and tear. The car was kept in excellent condition. She wanted something smaller. I was looking into the GLS 63S AMG. She didn't want a big SUV anymore. She was looking for a Volvo or even a small 4 cylinder car. A metallic white (white interiors) GLE 63S AMG caught her eye. The rest in history. I had it customized to make it different from any other and she is super happy with it.

17. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    I stopped speccing the passenger display for precisely this reason. It was causing way too many arguments and taking the fun out of driving together.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

GT2goneF and SoCal to az like this.
  18. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    My wife got used to the race seats in the Performante and loved them and felt even more comfortable in the F8 race seats. She is very slim, fit and bendy.

GT2goneF likes this.
  19. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Funny, I get motion sickness when my wife drives.

Andynyc and Thecadster like this.
  20. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I hate when my wife drives because she always takes off from the light like she is racing for pole position. I just cant sit in the back seats, no matter who drives.

21. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    My wife is also thin but she looked at the racing seats, didn't even sit on them and said nope. I think that anything that says racing reminds her of the GT2 bucket seats.

22. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    when her and I first started dating she was telling me what a good driver she is compared to all of her friends. I lived in a condo building at the time. She came over one night and I went into the garage to show her what spot to park in. She promptly smacked into a concrete pier lol.

ryalex, Gh21631 and jim g like this.
  23. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Last fall I took my wife on a wonderful journey in the 458S, including Tail of the Dragon. She went into involuntary convulsions and asked me to drop her back at Tapoco Lodge. I subsequently made a number of hardcore rides solo, of which she never would have survived.

My inbound cars (F8S, STO) will be designed from a driver’s perspective. She may help with color selection....we’ll see.

24. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    My wife has driven in my 458S on 10 hour road trip twice and was very comfortable (Standard seats in Daytona pattern). She also has no complaints with the comfort of the 812SF (interestingly did not like the seats in my F12 which were full electric, neither did I). She tolerates the Speciale, but hates the 16M! :)

25. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    This is too funny. :D Based on my dealership experience, the feedback from the GM to the sales manager to the salesperson and to the service staff is overwhelmingly positive each time they learn how many miles I have piled onto my Ferraris. One sales manager said he was going to nominate me to be considered for an article in the Ferrari mag (TOFM) about a guy - and ambassador of sorts (lol!) - who owns and drives the cars as they are meant to be. Not that I was expecting anything to come of it - nothing has so far - but their appreciation was enough for me to get a kick. :cool: