430 - HVAC Knobs/Dials | FerrariChat

430 HVAC Knobs/Dials

Discussion in '360/430' started by Joe Y, Feb 22, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Joe Y

Joe Y Rookie

Feb 18, 2021
    Full Name:
    Joseph Yarema
    Hello. My name is Joe and I have just joined the Ferrari world. I bought a 2007 F430 F1 Spider. I did not realize in buying my dream car that I would also be buying a project. I have started the process of addressing the "sticky buttons". I am making good progress and now I want to address the hvac knobs. Can someone tell me if the knobs pull out from the head unit? I must say you guys have been a wealth of knowledge in helping with my new project and I really enjoy reading the posts. Pleasure to join the community!

2. 66ss427

66ss427 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 18, 2017
    N. Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    Welcome Joey,
    Where are you located ?
    I’ve had my 05 430 since new and just went through a lot of the sticky refinishing. I honestly don’t know about those knobs, but someone should answer soon. You can also search the site for some info. There are some companies that refinish parts. I had some done by StickyRX in NY. Real nice job too !!!
    I was afraid to be without my car with some parts out, so I bought used and swapped mine out while my good parts were out being refinished.
    Feel free to give a holler if you need anything else.
    Dominic

3. BruceC

BruceC Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    StickyRx has some help videos for removing hardware, but I didn't see anything specific for your question. http://www.**********.com/help_and_documents/ I suspect they could also definitely answer your question.

I had my to redo my complete HVAC face plate and the 2 push buttons. I'm fairly certain that those knobs just pull off, but it's been several years since I had mine done that I don't recall exactly. I also had all of my refinishing done by StickyRx and can attest to the quality of the work. In some cases though, new parts e.g. defrost vents were inexpensive to buy new vs. refinishing the originals.

4. vv23

vv23 Karting

Jan 8, 2009
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Full Name:
    V V
    The AC controls have to be removed and separated. Behind the knobs there are small C clamps that hold them in place.

To remove the AC controls, you have to remove the stereo and carbon or aluminum trim

5. Scottslaw

Scottslaw Formula Junior

This is correct. And, to add insult to injury, accessing those little c-clips/circlips is not an easy task because you need something really thin. I gave up and refinished mine whilst still connected to the panel (which was out of the car). I have circlip pliers but they were too large to get into the tight space between the knob and the panel. You will most likely need a small circlip tool or custom make something. good luck!