Deepest Shine To Paint | FerrariChat

Deepest Shine To Paint

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Extreme1, Feb 19, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    What does everyone suggest to get the deepest shine in the paint of a 2009 F430? The paint is in excellent condition with PPF on most of it.
    Carnuba wax? Any specific type? Other suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Ive used a lot of different waxes over the years on my 89 328, all bought from local auto parts outfits. Mothers, Carnuba, so any of these will work just fine on your car. The key is, to have the paint clay barred every so often , this will keep the oxidation down, along with the other crap that builds up despite regular car washes. I have bought other products from the motorcycle and auto shows, some have worked better than the over the counter, some were just over priced over the counter type products.The best I could have done for my cars paint was that It was always garaged, as well as its been in So Cal for at least the 22 years of my ownership. The easiest way, just hire a professional car detailer and be done with it, I do !!

Thank you

3. syata

syata Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2017
    I am using a Product called Klasse since the late 80s. It’s a two product process. One is like a thick liquid wax, wax on/wax off and the other it a clear liquid, wax on/wax off. I haven’t seen it in stores but you can get it online. The clear liquid gives it a deep ´wet´ finish.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

papou likes this.
  4. EnzoItaly

EnzoItaly Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2016
    I personally love the Swissvax Utopia wax:
    - very deep gloss and shine
    - protects well
    - very easy to apply, with your bare hands... amazing experience to wax the bodywork of an exotic car like that.

As with all waxes: the quality of the preparation is crucial... for example taking your time for the claying.
    Good light is also crucial.

5. Kenny94945

Kenny94945 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Marin Calif
    FWIW
    I like Meguars products.
    Ease of purchase and availability.
    Mirror Glaze (#7) followed by Hi Tech Yellow Paste Wax (# 22), with Meguiars Gold Glass Quik Spray Wax (don't recall the #) for maintenance.

IMO
    Best wax, depth and shine is a famous and endless internet discussion.
    As is how to wash, dry, prep etc.

TOP TIP
    Use new foam applicators and extremely good new mirco-fiber towels for your application.
    Claying first, as mention by a co-member, is also a valid first step.

Have fun :)

6. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    The best way to get a deep shine is to ensure that the paint has had a proper paint correction done to remove scratches and swirls. It won't matter what you put on it if the paint isn't in proper condition. If a proper paint correction has been done, I have found that using Blackfire Wet Diamond paint sealant then following up with Pinnacle Souveran wax gives a very rich wet look that worked great on my 2008 F430. If you want something simple that gives great water beading characteristics, then I would recommend Polish Angle Cosmic Spritz.

msdesignltd likes this.
  7. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    If your car has PPF, then you won’t be able to get the paint to that deep rich gloss as you would just be coating the PPF not the paint. As mentioned above, the key to a deep gloss is paint prep (clay, polish, etc) then a coating of carnauba or a synthetic wax for protection. The PPF needs to be taken care of as well as the paint. Use a synthetic wax.

I use Pinnacle carnauba wax also and a synthetic called Jescar. The carnauba waxes reportedly provide the deepest gloss. I’ve found that to be the case personally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Flea7, steved033 and Extreme1 like this.
  8. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    I know its a small semantic issue, but with modern cars you are not even dealing with paint, you are dealing with the clear coat.

tomberlin likes this.
  9. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    Probably 30 more replies will get 30 different recommendations.Paint prep is the main prerequisite-correction,claying and so forth.
    And I'd bet that the last one you try will be your fav.
    With that, on my paint corrected and ppf on the nose,mirrors and rockers I've put 3coats of P21s carnuba and then some Zainos Gloss Enhancer.-really shines!

ScottJon and Extreme1 like this.
  10. 020147

020147 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2006
    Midwest
    Using clay on a clear coated car such as his F430 will cause slight marring of the paint and need to be polished to achieve a perfect finish. Personally I only use clay before polishing for that reason. A single stage car like your 328 (assuming it hasn’t been re-sprayed to a two stage paint) may be different. However, because the OP has PPF I wouldn’t be caught dead running clay over that film. There are so many types of PPF of varying quality and characteristics, using clay could ruin the film. A chemical decontamination is the best way to remove tar, fallout, etc on PPF.

ginoBBi512 likes this.
  11. 020147

020147 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2006
    Midwest
    There are more and more products coming out to improve the cosmetic and self cleaning properties of PPF and those would be worth a look. A nice sealant of wax will help too. It’s a matter of how long you want the product to last and how much work you want to put in to it. The PPF specific coatings are generally ceramic. They take longer to apply and generally more difficult to apply. They can be temperature sensitive, or very finicky about flash time. A wax or sealant is much easier to apply, and what I would probably use on my car.

12. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    You can use pretty much any polish and wax. If you really want it to pop try Car Pro Reload as a final step.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Falcon7x likes this.
  13. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO

Good info, I did not realize that,

Thank you

020147 likes this.
  14. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    That’s for all the suggestions guys.

I just finished waxing the car with Chemical Guys, Butter Wet Wax and it looks great. The paint was in great condition, and there’s PPF on most of the car. The Butter Wax seems to have given it a deeper gloss than it had before.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app