STICKY BUTTONS GOODBYE!!!! | FerrariChat

STICKY BUTTONS GOODBYE!!!!

Discussion in 'Florida' started by bryanc4, Sep 29, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bryanc4

bryanc4 Formula Junior

May 22, 2008
    Delray/Boca, FL
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    #1 bryanc4, Sep 29, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
    took 8 hours to do it right but at last no more sticky buttons!
    if anybody wants me to do the job for them id be more than glad to take the job... will take about 6-10 hours depending on how sticky the car is.

about 500 q-tips that look like they were dipped in tar, 3 bottles of 'oops', and intense meticulous work i managed to make my buttons look like BRAND NEW!!!!! and all this without removing any panels (other than the ac vents which literally snap right out.. well sort of.. you must be careful not to break them but once you get it its quite easy)

5 a/c vents
    2 small vents on dashboard
    3 a/c switches + 2 small buttons
    2 door handles
    power mirror panel (on center console)
    4 buttons and panel where the sport mode is

will post pics tomorrow in daylight...contact me if you need advice and/or assistance. thanks.

2. dlynes

dlynes Formula 3

Oct 16, 2004
    Augusta, Ga
    Full Name:
    Dave
    please post before and after photos.

3. bryanc4

bryanc4 Formula Junior

May 22, 2008
    Delray/Boca, FL
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    #3 bryanc4, Sep 29, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2008

definitely not an easy job... the type of job that calls for very careful precision and attention to very small details.... a job that anybody can do if they take the time to do it right, but most wont get right cause they will lose patience or wont pay extremely close attention.. the type of job that requires full attention.. half ars efforts will not cut it. a total pain in the butt... but well worth the results.

if done right, the white lettering will remain... really depends on how sticky your car is..... i managed to keep all of mine other than on the 5 ac vents as mine were a little more sticky than usual and taping over the white lettering would at the end not look right.. so i sacrficed those white arrows on the vents.... looks great!!!!!

and keep in mind NO PAINTING thus keeping the original look and condition of the car.

4. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    Yes, it is indeed quite a job. I did the same on my ex-355 GTB, and it took several hours. :mad:

5. bryanc4

bryanc4 Formula Junior

May 22, 2008
    Delray/Boca, FL
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    several hours doesnt sound right.. should take MUCH longer.

6. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    If memory serves correctly, it took the better part of a Saturday to do the job on mine -- back in 2005. I used just about everything I could think of -- Goo-Gone, rubbing alcohol, oven cleaner, Leatherique Pristine Cleaner, rags, Q-tips, etc. -- and it still was a job. Looked great accept for the bubbling A/C plate (never bothered replacing that). Oh well, the car is now being enjoyed by a fellow F-Chatter.

There are many other successful threads on here by owners who have tried other methods including repainting to achieve that factory finish.

458 Spider 0414 likes this.
  7. bryanc4

bryanc4 Formula Junior

May 22, 2008
    Delray/Boca, FL
    Full Name:
    Bryan
  8. Dtreenjr

Dtreenjr Rookie

May 29, 2015
    New Orleans, LA
    Full Name:
    David C. Treen, Jr, MD
    Video is private...can you make it public so we can watch?

9. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Just send them to Robbie at Sticky No More: https://stickynomore.com