The Purosangue Thread | Page 54 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    May be that's because I never liked the Panamera and I see on the Taycan a kind of Panamera. What is it? A fast-back, a shooting brake, a station wagon, a cross-over ? I suspect is a mixing of all that and could be a PORSCHUV - Porsche Utility Vehicle.

2. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    did you see Taycan in person?

3. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    No I didn't and perhaps I'll change my opinion about the aesthetics once I see the Taycan on the flesh.

Jordan68 likes this.
  4. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    I just got my Taycan turbo s..... What an amazing machine... Acceleration is amazing, the ride is amazing.... It's an amazing car

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

JuzLuK, MDEL and therryzsx like this.
  5. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  6. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    MDEL and BJK like this.
  7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Panamera needs to be ''sports turismo''.The sedan version isn't a looker to my eyes, either.

MDEL likes this.
  8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    yep. not confidence inspiring this...

MDEL likes this.
  9. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    It looks like a Supra!

10. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Side by side the Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo and an hypothetical Purosangue with lines that resemble the former. The unique reason the Purosangue of the picture is a Ferrari is because it has the cavalino shields. In order to be a success IMO the Purosangue has to have a design that can be seen as being innovative however, we will have to be capable of identifying straight away a Ferrari even without the emblems.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Caeruleus11, 456-boy and 9nb like this.
  11. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Maggio23 and 456-boy like this.
  12. ForeverCar

ForeverCar Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2017
    A bit bulky looking and makes me want a GTC4 Lusso more!

13. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    this is not Ferrari it's small maserati SUV aka Porsche Macan

Dubaicity likes this.
  14. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    The latest pictures of the Purosangue mule on the snow posted here last Wednesday were taken in Sweden.
    The publication Motor.es analyses the pictures and that's what they published:

"The test units of the Italian brand have axles that are visibly and are wider than those of the Levante, but with a much lower ground clearance than this and also are mount on a set of larger wheels, around 20 inches, and with rubbers for asphalt, due to its low profile. This is not the configuration expected on a model that in theory should rival the Aston Martin DBX, Bentley Bentayga or Porsche Cayenne. By retaining this frame configuration, the Italian model will be closer to the crossover family cars than to the large SUVs sold by its competitors.

With the first reports that advanced the development of this model also emerged some of the peculiar characteristics that could characterize the first 4-door Ferrari. Statements that described it as a kind of derivative of the current Gran Turismo of the brand but longer, with a 4-door body with simulated rear panels between the franchises of the different panels and a raised suspension. According to this information, the model was not going to be an SUV as such, which fits with some comments from those responsible for the brand, although that is precisely what we have seen in practically all the speculative renders that have been published so far. . However, we expected a taller model than the one suggested by these mules, something similar to the silhouette published by Ferrari in the schematics and drawings that accompanied its 2018-2022 strategic plan.

Obviously, without seeing the final body of the model we have nothing to judge, but it is clear that these mules are lower than the vast majority of crossovers that we can currently find on the market. Perhaps the Italian company intends to surprise us with a very stylish but 4-door body with only slightly raised suspension, closer to that of a family sedan than that of a traditional SUV or off-road vehicle.

At the moment we are in an intermediate stage of the testing phase of the model. The initial mules based on the Ferrari GTC4 Lusso have given way to this new generation of test units equipped with the body of the Maserati Levante, so there are still several months of development left before the firm Raises the veil of its first model of 4 doors. Whether it's an SUV or not."

WilliamB, crinoid and 456-boy like this.
  15. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Caeruleus11 and 456-boy like this.
  16. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
  17. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    uhn2000 likes this.
  18. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    This will be a major disappointment if it's not a true SUV.....

19. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Oddly enough, I (respectfully) think the exact opposite, if it were a true SUV it wouldn’t be a Ferrari imho. I think a new form factor (similar to an Audi Allroad or Taycan Cross Turismo) that would be a four door stylish wagon that is slightly raised, would far better fit into Ferrari’s line up than an SUV.

I suppose it’s all a matter of perspective and taste, we’ll see what Ferrari ends up doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpalmito, fil, Forza Scuderia and 4 others like this.
  20. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    if this is really Ferrari SUV then I'm happy that's it have classic back doors like Urus

21. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  22. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name: