What watch are you wearing today? | Page 626 | FerrariChat

What watch are you wearing today?

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by VTChris, Sep 8, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    It looks like a woman sitting on the hood of an old Jeep CJ with a pine tree.

2. rmlovett1

rmlovett1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 27, 2011
    GA
    Full Name:
    RL
    #15627 rmlovett1, Feb 25, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    View attachment 3095742

sure....this angle might help. I’m a Jeep enthusiast as much as I am a Ferrari enthusiast! Mountains & trees on top of the Jeep grill. :) The grill is meant to be rugged/rustic...like the mountain terrain
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. stever

stever F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    West. Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Steve R
    With your help here on Fchat, my late(age-wise) interest in watches has been kindled. Though my decidedly rural lifestyle makes nice watches superfluous, I've become smitten with the Tudor Black Bay Bronze Bucherer Blue. What a mouthful! But things seem a little hokey....It's only available in the US from Tourneau, a retailer and a watch brand, too. Is that right? And Bucherer owns Tourneau...? If all true, it doesn't seem to me to be very flattering to the Tudor brand. What do you make of it? A gimmick watch? Small volume future collectible? Or?

4. rmlovett1

rmlovett1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 27, 2011
    GA
    Full Name:
    RL
    I’m not sure who you were referring to as far as somebody sparking your interest again, but I can try to help. It’s a great looking watch IMO, but I personally don’t have any Tudors. As far as a “gimmick” watch....I’d just say it’s a limited edition, but really just color and an inscription on the back, is all that separates it from the original version. Future collectible....I would say not, but who knows in 40-50 yrs. But if you look at most worthy collectibles today...most are the bigger names in HH....Rolex, Patek, etc.... I certainly wouldn’t pay a premium for it, and if I were interested, I’d find an excellent pre-owned piece. These take a pretty good hit after buying from new from an AD. Hopefully I answered some of your questions.
    https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/tudor-black-bay-bronze-blue-bucherer-introducing

5. speedyellow08

speedyellow08 Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2012
    Houston,TX
    Yes, I bought it from an AD. I kept asking for it.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. speedyellow08

speedyellow08 Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2012
    Houston,TX
    Jeppedo, jacey, colombo2cam and 4 others like this.
  7. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    And because my local CVS doesn't carry the battery for this, I had to pay to have a battery installed for the 2nd time this week. Earlier, I had to get a battery for my Grand Seiko and the gf's Cartier. Image Unavailable, Please Login

colombo2cam and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  8. NYFAIM

NYFAIM Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2015
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Howard R.
  9. Dbacr

Dbacr Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 1, 2015
    Ft lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Jeppedo, jacey, colombo2cam and 7 others like this.
  10. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I love that Roman dial!

Ouch, BTDT. Drink lots of water to flush the bits and pieces out. One time they used the dangler and it was irritating as hell.

At least I got the Jeep part right. Not sure how I saw a woman sitting on top of the hood.

11. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Cartiers EAT batteries. Nice watches, but come on!

12. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I.T. Guy, Jo Sta7, jacey and 11 others like this.
  13. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    From your dealer ? Just curious.

MDS

Pis7a2020 likes this.
  14. QtrItalian

QtrItalian Karting

Jan 22, 2021
    Actually, IMHO, I think Rolex took a decent step in the right direction with Tudor. As we may remember it was a "debadged" Rolex line. Hans Wilsdorf actually had more than just these two lines back in the day but these are the two to survive....The thing is it was sort of like RR and Bentley before the sale. Why buy a Bentley when you can't get the Flying Lady on the grille? Or why spend extra for the Flying Lady when the underpinnings are the same in a Bentley? ...two sides to this coin. Anyhow, Rolex finally decided to mint new coins. The Tudor line is now completely different - both cases and movements. They are quality but at a different price point and targeting a different market (eliminating the stigma of whether the watch has the crown or not). Interestingly while a quality product apparently Rolex will not "service" the Tudor movements. If you send it in for cleaning or service they will completely swap out the Tudor movement. Cost savings....

15. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    That isn't the case any longer.

Discover the TUDOR Watch Repair & SAV | Swiss Quality

16. QtrItalian

QtrItalian Karting

Jan 22, 2021
    I have heard this information from insiders on the R---x Forum. As I say to my wife, "I'm happy to be wrong!" *laugh* Despite the link I don't think Rolex wants to advertise they simply swap movements out on Tudors. If you think about it, this is plausible. Movement repair/service/cleaning/oiling/timing is labor intensive. I'm doing it right now (as one of my hobbies - I have 3 watches "open"). A $600-$1000. service on a $3000. Tudor doesn't make too much sense. If they can keep costs down all the better. Lastly keep in mind most workers servicing these things are not 60 year old men/women. They are 20-40 year olds who still have good near-sightedness. Even with a loupe near-sightedness really helps with depth perception - so that limits the labor force. I am now over 50. Ask me how I know....Thus there is not a plethora of labor in order to quickly turn around watches in general especially in the U.S. Also consider the costs of schooling. Furthermore most watch schools demand students buy new tools: they have a tool/equipment list. Just to pass the course $25K in tools, not to mention tuition is needed. A FL jeweler has been advertising for 2 years now and no takers. Why? well they're offering $82K salary in the Palm Beach area. There are a lot of related issues here....

17. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Yes. I only buy from my guy. They are AD for Patek and Rolex. I just got offered a 5270 which is now an application piece. Going to sell my 5905 to make room for it. Its been my grail watch for 15 years.

mikesufka likes this.
  18. pnorell

pnorell Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 24, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Peter
  19. Tobi

Tobi Karting

Jun 24, 2011
    Alto Palatinato
    A friend is wearing the Tudor Black Bay Bronze. The regular one, not the blue Bucherer model. It's a great watch. I love the bronze housing and would favor it over a steel Rolex. It's on my wishlist.

20. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    @soulseainsc
  21. 911NBK

911NBK Karting

Jan 2, 2021
    I haven't seen a 41 in person yet, but it's great to see them side by side like that. I see the lugs on the 41 are noticeably thinner. Good looking watch.

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

ronfrohock and soulsea like this.
  22. rmlovett1

rmlovett1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 27, 2011
    GA
    Full Name:
    RL
  23. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Robb, Roman456, poljav and 4 others like this.
  24. vdm9

vdm9 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2014
    long island new york
    Full Name:
    vasilios
    Great watches and looks perfect on the wrist!
    vdm

Smiles likes this.