Ferrari ROMA | Page 157 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Vintageignition

Vintageignition Karting

Dec 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mike Mancini
    Looks so much like azzuro cali in most lights, not sure why someone would spend 30K on this

2. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    I
    Is it a 30K colour? Genuinely asking. And how much is Azz. California? Not in the standard range either.

3. Vintageignition

Vintageignition Karting

Dec 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mike Mancini
    According to the dealer, 30K. I think Cali is 10?

4. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    My dealer has used the factory mounting plinth but fitted it on with very strong 3M double sided foam tape so there was no drilling required. There are four mounting tabs for the tape to be fitted to and they say there is no way it is coming off without a heat gun to loosen the adhesive. It maybe helps that I have a 5 digit number which fits onto an Italian sized front plate. The added bonus of fitting it like this is the painted insert in the front spoiler lip is not obscured.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

elmadi, vcappp, llk and 2 others like this.
  5. yellowlab39

yellowlab39 Rookie

Jan 31, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jack Lang
    I threw in the towel. After nearly a month in service to resolve electrical/software issues, dealer took it back. They could not provide time for resolution, or even an understanding of the problem Just replacing parts and updating software. Beautiful to look at, but not a good first experience for me with the brand.

elmadi, of2worlds and ryalex like this.
  6. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    Oh man!! is this an exception or are there major issues with the ROMA? Wow... that's really really bad.

7. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Terrible to hear and I'm sorry yellowlab went through that. I've had mine since December and have not had any issues. I know many have received software updates but I haven't yet. Hopefully this isn't systemic.

elmadi and Modulo_B like this.
  8. MannyB75

MannyB75 Rookie

Dec 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    Manny Bisla
    Truly sorry that you are going through this. Are the electrical issues related to the new HMI? Though I’m a newbie I don’t believe I’ve heard anything about significant electrical issues with Ferrari in the past. People who have owned prior Ferraris would likely be able to elaborate more. The SF90 has the same software and HMI so I’m
    Wondering if it too is having some of these hiccups.

9. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I’ve had mine for nearly a month now and haven’t seen any electrical issues.

Still have some software bugs and took it in last week to update but due to a hiccup in the warranty start the dealer could not perform the update!

My software issues revolve mostly around the nav system which shutdown on February 1. The screens it displayed before that said “develop”. Clearly not ready for prime time. After February 1, the nav system Thought I might be able to resurrect the nav by moving the date back but it turns out we can no longer set date and time in the setup!

There seem to be a few lingering bugs elsewhere too. For example, cruise control seems to not be adjustable just after hitting resume. Not sure why or when it comes back but it has some non responsive condition built into it.

In the realm of features engineering did not get right is the usability of the cruise control haptics. I am constantly brushing my thumb or palm or something and causing the CC to shut off. The control is badly placed or badly managed by the touch software. Even the master control on the right side of the steering wheel functions better! Software can improve this operation considerably but the placement is compromised. I suspect the SF90 shares the same design...Ferrari can afford only so many steering wheels.

In the realm of things I like, the throttle twitchiness is gone! I can actually modulate the throttle in first, second and third gears! Finally! Most of the new UI seems to work well enough. Yeah, CarPlay ain’t stellar but it is useable. Siri works great. Voicing commands works as well as it does at home!

The car is truly beautiful and I get a lot of notice on the road and when parked. And the car feels bloody quick. Feels quicker than my 458. Likely due to the turbo’s greater power range.

But not engine or electrical issues.

SV

of2worlds, gw32, Maggio23 and 2 others like this.
  10. llk

llk Karting

Jan 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lewis Kasowitz
    Looks great! Beautiful shade of blue, what is it?

11. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    Blu Abu Dhabi.

of2worlds and llk like this.
  12. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    SV. You have a brand new car under warranty. What kind of a, "hiccup in the warranty start", could have possibly prevented the dealer from providing the repair that you needed? Thanks.

Matt L, llk and glennkreisel like this.
  13. Vintageignition

Vintageignition Karting

Dec 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mike Mancini
    Any guess on total Roma production numbers?

14. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    The car is still in production.

Marcel Massini

elmadi likes this.
  15. Vintageignition

Vintageignition Karting

Dec 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mike Mancini
    Yes just curious how many you think will be made when it's all said and done?

16. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
  17. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    vcappp, Matt L, of2worlds and 4 others like this.
  18. Nicolas21

Nicolas21 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2016
    Near a nuclear powerplant
    Full Name:
    Nicolas
    Fifty shades of grey...

Matt L, llk, of2worlds and 1 other person like this.
  19. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    What color is the one the left closest in the frame.
    Grigio alloy?

20. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Grigio Argento.

Marcel Massini

elmadi and glennkreisel like this.
  21. Ppu

Ppu Rookie

Feb 17, 2020
    Germany
    My Roma has been delivered mid Feb. The car is a perfect driver and has a performance much better than expected. The only difficulty I have noticed is the matrix light. Software does not seem to work at all. Has anyone observed a similar technical issue?

22. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    #3923 glennkreisel, Feb 27, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    The head lights ?
    U have a pic ? No other mechanical issues?

23. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    This perhaps is a silly question but are you sure your Roma came with them? They were an option. Option code in Europe was XLED. Below is what is included if you order them. Please see that only certain features work with certain options.

The optional adaptive front headlights offer various additional functions:
    • Auto hi-beam with shadow cone technology, which always makes maximum use of the light beam even in the presence of other vehicles or reflective road signs, allowing the driver to concentrate on the road.
    • Enhancement of the low-beam light in motorway (only with MADM option) and adverse weather conditions.
    • Cornering light in town mode and at low speeds with turn indicators/steering

of2worlds likes this.
  24. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid