Wanted - First Ferrari - 2010/11 458 Italia | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Wanted First Ferrari - 2010/11 458 Italia

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by jsh458ft, Feb 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. X-TNSIV

X-TNSIV Formula Junior

May 2, 2007
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Allen
    I completely agree with your comments. you can pay out of pocket to avoid a carfax incident.

I'm just saying there is the occasion where a dealer low balls a owner and the owner would rather give it to someone else for the same price (given it's an easy transaction and there is no tax benefit to trading it in). I've seen this happen multiple times across different forums.

randkin likes this.
  2. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Yup, I have done it myself. Traded my son's Porsche for my Turbo and traded in his car to the dealer. We both got got an upgrade and I was able to gift him some value in an auto up grade.

3. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    This is a Challenge race car with 12,000 track miles and not street legal. Hard pass unless you buy it for the track only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. PA32Pilot

PA32Pilot Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 5, 2020
    Glendora, CA
    Full Name:
    Jamie Kirk
    Dealership wanted $126k to fix my Lamborghini. $16k of that was for the glovebox.

I did it for under $2,500

5. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    #30 Tarek307, Feb 25, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    Ever heard the song "Dream Weaver" ? cuz you're dreaming...i just sold my near 38K mile 2010 Italia for Mid $140's and it didn't take long..yo'ure either gonna have to find a beat up prior rental with 60K + miles thats had a few accidents on its record or you will just have to wake up and pay to play..

During the 3 weeks or so selling my car, i ran into many dreamers offering me $130's of course till now they are still not driving a 458..

6. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

For what it’s worth if u truly want one at that price I’d contact ferrparts. They always have cars they fix and re sale. Of course it might have a salvage title.
    Recently russ was selling for 240 812 superfast that had been fixed...
    Now if u want clean title 458...given they are appreciating I’d say maybe something with like 70-80k miles or an import car...
    otherwise no chance

7. KY _Soldier

KY _Soldier Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    For additional info, a yellow 2010 458 with 13k miles just brought 140k at Manheim on Feb 7th (and yellow isn't the easiest color to sell). Tack on dealer fees and shipping and markup and that likely means a $160k car retail. In this hot used car market, no one is going to give away a car as hot as a 458. People can sell them all day long with very little effort, esp in that price range.

8. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Well it’s sold but I tried to pass along the car I declined
    2013 458 30 k miles minor GS/ cuoio very base with a
    Minor rear bumper scratch reported to CF for 130. Drive the car and liked it but preferred to upgrade my F12 to 812.

Cars are out there.

There was a high mileage giallo 458 at CNC that sat that was 130 with a private sale incentive as well.

If you look, you will find one. I disagree on dreaming. They won’t be perfect.

Yes ownership wisdom says they’re is no such thing as a cheap Ferrari. My father told me that as a child. But we all approach ownership as we can. Ask Ratarossa.

VAF84 likes this.
  9. Rex Kapriellian

Jul 5, 2020
    Long Beach
    Full Name:
    Rex
    That’s about where my budget is as well...seems like all value 458’s have dried up.

10. Eds458

Eds458 Karting

Jan 24, 2020
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Edward Lagunte
    Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  11. Rex Kapriellian

Jul 5, 2020
    Long Beach
    Full Name:
    Rex
    This is right up my alley, literally and metaphorically, I need to move two cars and or find someone interested in classics :). I actually happen to like the blue wrap.

12. Rex Kapriellian

Jul 5, 2020
    Long Beach
    Full Name:
    Rex
    Thanks for sharing the listing

13. Natkingcolebasket69

Great find!

14. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Am I seeing this correctly, it has 95,800 miles?

15. Raj seth

Raj seth Karting

Sep 24, 2020
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Raj seth
    My 2c: you will realize the mistake of trying to find below mkt 458 ( issues, mileage etc) when you try SELL it unless it’s a quick flip. That said, good luck...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

randkin and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  16. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Close to 100,000 miles for $130k, nice. The 458 market is definitely strong, shows that no matter how absurdly high the mileage is the market price will not dip into F430 territory. Very consistent separation in the market between the 360, 430, and 458.

At what point does the motor need to be rebuilt or any very serious and laborious items need to be completed?

derklerd and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  17. Chrisnlbc

Chrisnlbc Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2015
    Huntington Beach
    I dont even know how someone can put that many miles on one unless it was a rental at one point! Crazy! I couldnt even do it if I tried! Lol

18. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    DD for 8 years = 12k/year, seems possible. But being a rental seems more plausible.

Chrisnlbc likes this.
  19. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    there is a member here, malibuguy i've gone driving with him before, his 458 spyder 15' has 120K miles..some people actually enjoy and drive their cars

VAF84, 14RE458 and Chrisnlbc like this.
  20. Yellowgallardo1

Yellowgallardo1 Karting

Sep 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    marcus
    You will find something. Don't be scared of miles IMO or DIY. These cars are relatively easy to work on. Mine has 103k miles now!

21. c4b4the04

c4b4the04 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2017
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Cassidy
    A few points to the OP:

First, taking the trunk out of a 458 is fairly easy to do. Screws around the perimeter and you can SEE any frame damage from a front end collision. As you know your price point gets you into sketchy territory.

Second: the listing above with new seats strikes me for a theft recovery. It's possible the mileage just had worn leather but I would look for signs of entry. Little things like that can add up quickly, and they do not translate well for you when you're ready to upgrade. Documentation keeps your investment. If you are on a limited budget (I know I am!) and want to own one, you'll want to sell it one day and keep your investment, not lose half or better to similar year/mileage cars. One day these will be cheap/er, just not today.

The aluminum frame uprights in the front suspension of the 458 are extremely strong, until they are not. They cannot be properly repaired and MUST be replaced. Alcoa and Ferrari will not just sell the parts to anyone, therefore you will see repair marks from an attempted TIG weld. It'll look like a muscle builders veins bulging out of the aluminum cast structure. Any significant front collision will crack them. You'll see that if you pull that plastic trunk under the hood.

Grab the rear taillight and move it up and down. If it squeaks, you could have body contact and the car is diamond shaped under the body.

Run a tape measure from the wheel centers, front to rear. Are both sides the same length? If not, walk (or run) away. Quick fixes make the body shiny and leave substantial issues underneath.

Finally, take a good look at the radiators in the 458. The are rather unique and very expensive to replace. Most hack-shops wouldn't replace one if just slightly damaged so you'll have a tell-tale on what happened. I mention frontal impact as it is most common on one of these cars.

Hope that gives you some intel on one. I have spent time around very nice ones and wrecked ones. There is a WORLD of difference if you know what to look for.

VAF84, Raj seth, jayhawkai and 3 others like this.
  22. fxbianca

fxbianca Karting

Apr 7, 2004
    Stuart FL
    Full Name:
    Frank Conidi
    As above you are not going to get a 458 for 120K unless it needs major repairs. I am about to list my 2010 458 with mid 20K miles in the high 150s and low 160 range. The car is in excellent condition with some upgrades including a 7K built in radar detector. The 458s have stabilized in price and depending on the reponse to the hybrids that are on the way may actually start to rise in price

23. WTB458

WTB458 Rookie

Jan 24, 2021
    Fullerton California
    Full Name:
    Jeff Seraphine
    Thanks for taking my call last week and schooling me down on a few things even though you had sold your car already.

Tarek307 likes this.
  24. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    no problem man- i am very upset at myself for selling the car..totally shouldn't have, i maybe searching for one again very soon lol

VAF84 likes this.
  25. Natkingcolebasket69

U are right. The 360 f1 will follow the fate of rhe 355 f1... no love There.
    Id take 355 manual>430 manual>458 personaly