NFL 2021 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

NFL 2021

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tomc, Feb 19, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    DeJuan, DeJohn, DeShawn, whatever, the story is just OLD....

Do I think Pitt can make ANY run?
    NO.
    They can't afford to, they don't have the horses, and the media noticed what I noticed - after I noticed it = Ben cannot throw deep.
    Or, in the last six-eight games I watched he DIDN'T throw deep. It was nothing but short crossing patterns, nothing deep, few back shoulder, few square-outs.
    I had JuJu and Claypool on a couple of my fantasy teams, so I was watching...

I'd love to see him perform the way he did 10 years ago, but that ship sailed, like most of his passes did.
    Plus, he has to go thru Clv, Balt, Cincy and a whole bunch of other teams - the AFC West alone could put three teams in the playoffs...
    PLUS, the AFC North gets the NFC North and the AFC South - so Pitt gets GB, Chi, Minn, Tenn, Indy, Jax,
    PLUS PLUS - as the winner of the AFC North, they also get the winners of the AFC West (KC) and AFC East (Buffalo)

Pitt may be lucky to finish .500

tomc likes this.
  2. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    In my opinion, Pitt is done. I don't think they can beat KC or Buffalo when it counts.

tomc likes this.
  3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I assume you are concluding that Big Ben is now in the downside of his career, and Pitt will not be able to find a better QB.

I guess I have a hard time getting my head around a future in which perpetual losers like Buffalo, Cleveland and Tennessee are in the ascendancy. LOL...T

4. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Easy to forget Steelers started 11-0 last season. Big Ben's athletic inadequacies became really obvious towards the end of the season. No deep ball threat.

tomc likes this.
  5. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    No deep ball threat? Hmmm, maybe the Pats can pick him up cheap. :D

Surfah likes this.
  6. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Wasn't that the knock on Brady for his last few years in New England? To be fair, though, with Ju Ju, Claypool and Johnson, Ben R likely has had better field stretching talent than TB12 did for much of his last few years at NE...T

7. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I was more referring to Cam who threw 70% of his balls into the ground. :(

8. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Correct, with or without Ben they are done. Ben is done himself. He can't throw the ball 20 yards, and his ego is too much. There are reports that he was constantly changed the playcalling (checked out of a run into a pass). If that is not selfish, then I don't know what is. Quite frankly, that doesn't surprise me about him.

9. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    HA

10. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    LOL, go look who they played in the first 11 games...

https://www.steelers.com/schedule/

11. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I think that's what he was referring to - that their 11-0 record was a mere paper tiger.

12. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    This is just CRAZY! $44 Million for 42 catches!

Raiders officially waive Tyrell Williams
    https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/raiders/raiders-officially-waive-tyrell-williams-2288263/

Originally signed to a four-year, $44 million contract by the Raiders in 2019, the former Los Angeles Chargers standout battled injuries throughout his two years with the Raiders and missed all of last season with a torn labrum. Williams made $22 million during his time with the Raiders, and with the guaranteed portion of his deal paid in full, the club absorbs no salary cap penalty for cutting him with two non-guaranteed years left on his deal.

In his one full season with the Raiders, Williams caught 42 catches while dealing with foot issues most of the season.

13. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I wish I could be a GM, I never would have signed him.

Why is is so many of us can see things with guys before they happen - and GM's sign them anyway?

14. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I NEVER would have signed Zeke or Amari to those big deals, 80-90% of all high-dollar skill position signings,
    the guy never produces after that.
    I had a list a few months ago, and it's long, of guys signing big deals and disappearing.

15. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    LOL, proving my point exactly.

That obvious eh?:D

16. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  17. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Agreed Tom especially if Dak is only a 1 year rental with the franchise tag and no longterm contract. Like Watson, Russ' most likely trading partners would be Jets and Fins due to draft capital/high first rounders/getting Darnold or Tua on rookie contracts. Ironic if Jamal Adams' two 1st rounders come back from Jets to SEA.

I dream of "letting Russ cook" with Cooper, Lamb, Gallup, Zeke and the Cowboys O-line back and healthy. Russ would be worried about the Skins, G-men and Iggles quite a steep drop from Rams and Stafford, Niners possibly with Cousins?:eek: and Cards and Murray.

18. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Cousins in Niners. Mike @AceMaster would freak out! LOL

T

19. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Shanahan and Cousins have their relationship from Washington and Cousins is far more durable than Jimmy G. Cousins 2nd half of last season balled out for my #1 Fantasy team of course he padded his stats in garbage time:D

tomc likes this.
  20. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    That makes sense. Forgot about the Washington connection...T

21. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    "Rodgers said Wilson has told the Seahawks that he wants to play in Seattle, but if a trade were considered, the only teams he would go to are the Dallas Cowboys, New Orleans Saints, Las Vegas Raiders and Chicago Bears."

That's like me saying I love my wife but if Selena Gomez, Charlize Theron, Halle Berry or Marisa Tomei want me, I'll leave her! :D

tomc likes this.
  22. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Stats are stats, it doesn't matter how they are accrued.

I cannot think of anyone I would have left my G/F for.

23. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes, very obvious, I made the same observation :D

24. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Normally I would say HEEEEEEELLLLLLL NOOOOOO....but, almost anyone is an upgrade over JG....Cousins certainly is (I never thought I'd say Cousins is an upgrade....)