F355 Market | Page 201 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    carnutdallas and tres55 like this.
  2. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Nothing of great quality has hit the market. People with mid-grade examples for the most part cashing in on the lack of supply.

I have a 964 RS in my garage right now and it cost almost 2x what a nice, rare optioned 355 costs. This isn't the top this is playing catch up. :)

3. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    I'd say cashing out....while the market is high. :) We'll see where it goes from here in 6 months to a year. Don't get me wrong. I'm glad to see prices rise. But nothing goes straight up and my feeling is that prices are getting toppie.

4. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    You've been saying that for over 5 years. Can we just make it a sticky?

WATSON, Laserman, JSinNOLA and 5 others like this.
  5. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Lol

JSinNOLA likes this.
  6. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I’d take this car over the 127k 5.2 yellow GTS, the 160k 5.2 Red GTS , and the 180k 5.2 Red Berlinetta.

If it wasn’t for the seats, horribly painted wheels (quality of job), unaddressed stickies, and subwoofer, I’d say this car is $125-$150k.

I’d probably sell my black seats for $5k if the new owner is interested.

If one is looking for a manual Berlinetta, it would be a mistake to pass this one up.

I’ve got over $120k. Who’s taking bets?

7. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  8. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    ^ Haha well yeah I would rather have this car over the 5.2's as well but I happen to like October 94 build Berlinettas :)

Agreed on the paint. My red 99 GTS was noticeably more orange than my 95.

tres55 and jimmym like this.
  9. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    No, I haven't been saying it for 5 years. I said it 5 years ago, and I was right. Lately I have been skeptical of the price rise. And seeing what is happening now I suspect that the market is approaching another top. Might take another 6 months, but there will be another pull back. Sure, if you plan to hold your car for another 10 years it will probably be worth more. But if you are looking to sell the time is at hand in my opinion. So what is it? Are the cars that are coming on the market the smart money getting out or just people selling too early? You won't know until the prices start to drop. Anyway, I know you all hate Hagerty. The prices may be off but the trends are what they are. So here is where we are. Where are we going and for how long? These sharp rises always indicate over exuberance. The market as come too far too fast and I suspect will at least take a pause and perhaps a pull back by summer. Just my take. I don't mind being wrong, but I'd sure rather be a seller than a buyer at the moment.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    What would it cost to redo the seats, wheels and sticky parts and ditch the woofer? Under $10k I would guess. The stripe probably peals off.

11. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Should be less than $10k. Problem with re-doing seats is you can spend a couple of grand and it could still look off. I’d source a good set of used seats and call it a day.

MAD828 likes this.
  12. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    @john6k

I’m betting we see prices skyrocket this summer. Fireworks, as long as the right cars are brought to market. If there is a pullback, it would be in the winter imo.

Mike @Yellow Compass and I communicated briefly last night regarding selling my car. He feels the market is strong and I would be very happy with the final price. Not a knock on him, but if he told me $150k right now, I would politely decline. Partly because the car is not ready for sale, I’m not ready to sell, don’t have an immediate need for the cash, and I can’t find an alternative car to buy unless a high mileaged 95 Berlinetta pops up. And I’m probably a bit more obsessed with the 355 than your avg. owner :). If I needed the cash, I’d be satisfied with anything between $100-150k of course.

13. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Guess I just don't understand what "top" means. Of course prices fluctuate but I've never seen a graph with multiple spots labelled "top". I always thought that meant the highest point, not, 'see all these marks on the graph, that was the top'

14. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I wld not sell my car for 250k. Neither should you.

15. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Didn’t find black seats but found a pair of what looks to be a set of mint tan seats from Italy. Yep.. $5k for a good used set seems to be the current going rate :).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133599258157

16. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  17. MAD828

MAD828 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2011
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Elliott Caras
    I have been offered the equivalent of 275k USD for mine. RHD market though. Still HOLD. I think there is a way to go yet and can’t replace it with anything as emotive as an F355 for me personally.

18. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    The example I have coming in is "not for sale" and would take north of 250 for me to even consider it.
    3+ years of searching for a manual blue Berlinetta with carbon seats.
    I have a manual 6.2 Murcielago, a 360 CS, and a 550M. I would sell any of them in a heartbeat for close to market value.
    The 355 you will have to pry out of my diamond hands. :D

ShineKen, Oz-ATL and carnutdallas like this.
  19. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    MAD828 and ShineKen like this.
  20. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    There was another right hand drive Rosso/Nero 1998 Berlinetta that was posted in the UK today for about $133k USD equivalent. Carbon seats and manual. 31k miles or kilometers not sure.

Either ad was pulled because priced too low and they were bombarded or it sold instantly.

Lets see if it pops up again.

ShineKen likes this.
  21. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    “Finished in an extremely rare colour of 'Blue Sebring Met 503/C' it is believed to be one of only two in the world in this particular shade of blue, we are informed that the other example resides in Italy and is a Berlinetta.”

Ok. I think we need a thread dedicated specifically to blue 355’s with exact color code mentioned when posted :).

tres55 likes this.
  22. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Priced too low :)

tres55 likes this.
  23. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I recall Dave Rocks sold a Red/Black 95 Manual Berlinetta for $95-100k roughly 3-5 years ago.

I sort of keep mental track of Red/Blacks GTB’s that move in the U.S as I couldn’t find one when I was first looking for one and I searched for 2-3 years. They’re in much smaller numbers vs outside of U.S.

24. zstyle

zstyle Formula Junior

Jun 28, 2007
    Fountain Hills
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Dare I say roaring 20's could cause demand to skyrocket when people are allowed to be active without fear of a pandemic? By 2030, many states and countries are restricting ICE so in the short term (up to 2025 lets say), prices could continually rise while in the long term (as 2030 is closer in sight), people may be fearful of how the restrictions could limit their fun.

We are after all habitual creatures and already seeing a repeat of the 1900s with electric vehicles.

ShineKen likes this.
  25. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I think 2020 had many of us begin to reflect on our own mortality. Life can be unexpectedly short. Get it while you're still good.

On a more personal level, my pops was diagnosed with a late stage prostate cancer (Gleason score of 10) this past fall. He's under the best care at UCLA and his doctor called me yesterday to tell me his PSA level is down to 3.4 (Was 90+). He's doing much better, which is somewhat of a relief, but you never know with these types of things. It is of utmost importance to me that he sees my decade long 355 project complete or at least near completion. I ain't sellin' nothin' til then.

tres55, INTMD8 and Skippr1999 like this.