812 VS Rumors | Page 189 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Now it's official: The limited special version of the Ferrari 812 Superfast will be presented soon. In a video that was sent to potential customers just in time for Enzo Ferrari's birthday (February 18), the new model is announced as Versione Speciale, or VS for short . It is certain that this is the hardcore version of the 812. However, the name is still unclear. The abbreviation VS has been associated with the special model ever since the first spy sightings, but rumor has it that it could just be an internal abbreviation.

Last V12 front-engined Ferrari without electrification?
    One thing is certain: Ferrari makes the 812 Superfast even faster! With a 6.5 liter naturally aspirated V12 that delivers 800 hp and 718 Nm maximum torque, the 812 is rightly known as Superfast. 100 km / h are reached after just 2.9 seconds, up to 200 km / h just 7.9 seconds pass, and the end is only at 340 km / h. But the 812 VS should have even more power - and it could be the last V12 front-engined Ferrari that does without electrification!
    The first prototypes of the extra-fast 812 have been doing their laps on the streets and the in-house test track in Fiorano since summer 2020, but so far there have been very few details. One thing is certain: Just like the predecessors 599 GTO and F12 Tdf , the special model of the 812 will also be limited. Insiders speak of 799 pieces, so it would be just as rare as the 780 hp F12 Tdf. Other, unconfirmed sources even report two versions of the upcoming 812 (coupé and convertible), after all, Ferrari has already presented the 812 GTS. But an XX version for pure racetrack use such as the 599XX would also be conceivable.

Slightly camouflaged prototypes are on the way
    In any case, the only slightly camouflaged prototypes do not reveal much: only the rear is camouflaged to hide the large diffuser. The AUTO BILD illustrator has drawn a possible 812 VS / GTO (see video above). The result provides for the three historic air vents on the rear fenders, which also adorn the 250 GTO and the F12 Tdf. In addition, the diffuser and side skirts are one size larger than the normal 812 Superfast. The special model is rounded off by new rims. Optional carbon rims such as Ferrari offers for the 488 Pista would also be conceivable .
    On a Erlkönig video we can hear the Hardcore-812 in action on the test track in Fiorano. The downshifts in particular sound brutal, the sound when accelerating sounds a bit muffled, which is possibly due to an OPF. In all likelihood, the 6.5-liter V12 will be pushed up to 860 hp. At the same time, the weight should be drastically reduced and the aerodynamics improved.

812 VS or 812 GTO?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    The 599 GTO is so far the last Ferrari that is allowed to wear the legendary abbreviation.
    Let's get back to the name: Even with the predecessor F12 Tdf and the 488 Pista, there was always speculation about the legendary GTO abbreviation. The legendary epithet appears again and again with the new special model 812, but that is not official. The last GTO model so far remains the 599 GTO from 2010. It remains to be seen whether the special model will ultimately be called the 812 VS, 812 GTO or something completely different. Only the recipe remains the same: more power, less weight, improved aerodynamics!

2. DrUmBeAsT

DrUmBeAsT Rookie

Jul 13, 2016
    Cologne
    Full Name:
    Bo
  3. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Surprisingly I could understand most... but there is not much confirmed information. 860 hp (PS, i.e. not bhp), optional carbon wheels, limited to 799 pieces like the TdF, possibility of an additional open-top version (not clear whether it's within the 799 or in addition, and in this case, no hint at quantity), possibly the very last V12 without electric assistance. Speculation about the GTO naming, and confirmation of the same recipe: more power, less weight, better aerodynamics.
    And possibility for an XX version.
    (sorry it took more time for me to provide this bland summary than Eilig needed for the comprehensive translation a few posts above :confused: )

4. Art_collector

Art_collector Karting

Jul 13, 2019
    The factory is now starting to visit dealers with photos of the cars to show to the best customers. So in a couple of days I expect that there will be people leaking information about it.

They don’t tell anything about the name or power of the car., but what I know so far the car is more special in design then we all think off. And by the way grey and yellow isn’t a bad match

What do we think about the name 812 Enzo? Maybe as a goodbye for the last NA V12?

5. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Plenty, yes.
    For those that don't know, besides sportscar manufacturers in and around Modena the ceramic tile industry is very prominent in the same area with dozens of manufacturers.

Marcel Massini

6. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
  7. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    See post #4459 of last Sunday.

Marcel Massini

8. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    These tiles were used at the 1970 Torino Motor Show already.

Marcel Massini

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Doug23, ivo73, Daytonafan and 10 others like this.
  9. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    #4709 gzachary, Feb 25, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    Even though it won't be targeted for racing, I still personally like "Competizione." Or perhaps Fiorano. What I do know is that this forum is extremely fun.

JagShergill, italiafan, [gTr] and 3 others like this.
  10. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    There is obviously a clue in the 2nd Galiera video - “we’re going to a special place”, so I’m guessing the name is a ‘specialI’ place. If true, that would rule out MM or GTO (personally I think it’s too early to use GTO again) but not necessarily Enzo (could be at his house at Fiorano) and could include Fiorano or even Daytona, Mugello or Monte Carlo. Given Covid, my guess is they will choose somewhere local - Mugello, Fiorano or Enzo. Most likely all wrong, but until we see some pictures, we have to talk about something, right?!

gzachary, JagShergill and italiafan like this.
  11. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    I received the first video but surprisingly not the second one. Can you post it (sorry if already done but I don't think so as I follow this thread very carefully like many of us)

of2worlds likes this.
  12. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Since the first sentence is "will it be called VS or GTO' no need to read that crap any further, one more time a so-called "journalist" trying to sell elements he wrongly understood from this thread

The level of the internet automotive "journalism" is so low they recently discovered shale oil.

BG23 and isot like this.
  13. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    No way IMO. It remains a generic name for all the hardcore versions and never would the man in the video have disclosed it before launch

gliazzurri, 350MH83 and Lukeylikey like this.
  14. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Fiorano already taken by the 599 GTB

Interestingly, that name never took off, almost nobody is using it and keep calling the car "599 GTB"

812 Monza still sounds the best for me

100% agreed on the fact that it's too early for the GTO moniker again

gzachary and JagShergill like this.
  15. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    What about :
    812 Daytona Competizione
    812MM
    812M
    8XX (Whatever the horsepower is) + one of the suffixes above.

If it reaches 900hp it could be called simply the 912.. although that does sound Porsche-esque

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    It’s somewhere about 10+ pages back! I had to hunt it but not sure anymore which post it is.

17. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    812M would be Mid-life updated model, not VS. Impossible

912 sounds very Porsche

812 Daytona Competizione sounds great

18. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    If I was to bet, I think I would go Daytona from all the clues we have. There has never actually been a Ferrari Daytona, I don’t think they would keep 812 because it seems there has been a lot of development in this car and that they are proud of it, and I remember talking to one of the design team at the 812 launch who was very keen to point out that the 365 GTB or ‘Daytona’ was their inspiration on the 812. Daytona would be a great name for this car. Maybe put right something that has always been unclear?

19. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Among the "usual suspects", Daytona sounds best and makes more sense, in my opinion.

isot likes this.
  20. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    An Italian happy with an American 'destination' and not something truly Italian?:(

21. Alvega

Alvega Rookie

Jun 2, 2005
    That special place is Le Mans - 812 LM ?

Twosherpaz and italiafan like this.
  22. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Thanks !

For those like me who missed it ( I thought it was a repost of the first video but this is indeed the second one ):

https://www.ferrari.com/en-EN/auto/v12-special-series

skinguy23 likes this.
  23. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    I’m ruling out Misano because of the Italian meaning of the last three letters

24. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Fantastic collections!!

25. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France