812 VS Rumors | Page 191 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    Very likely this or the new building for the team's sporting management which also includes the new simulator.

2. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Does Ferrari own the right to use the Daytona name though as there have been several Dodge Daytonas (including Charger Daytonas) , and a Triumph Daytona motorcycle - not to mention the Rolex? The original 365 was never officially called the Daytona by Ferrari.

They could Italianise it thoough and call it Daitona.

LARRYH, of2worlds and 9nb like this.
  3. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    Le Mans would be a more obvious choice vs Daytona. Indeed to many legal battles for that name...
    Or quite simply an Italian name as this is supposedly "something new".

of2worlds, Caeruleus11 and Daytonafan like this.
  4. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I seem to remember they cannot use the name Daytona

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Caeruleus11, Daytonafan and isot like this.
  5. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    If I were Ferrari, I'd save the Le Mans moniker for the next halo model (they're entering the top WEC hypercar class in 2023).

Daytonafan, mayer, ppg70 and 7 others like this.
  6. 355TDI

355TDI Karting

Feb 1, 2019
    London
    Full Name:
    Immat Wings
    The LMH classification requires the manufacturer produce a homologated version for road use, so the hypercar that will be spawned from the LeMans will be a genuine 'Omologato'. I would expect the race car to carry the 'LM' badge and the hallowed "GTO" moniker for the road-going version.

7. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    My favorites so far are 812 Mille Miglia or 812 Enzo. I feel like Enzo would be a good fit for the last unassisted V12.

Art_collector and 9nb like this.
  8. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    LMH program doesn’t require a road version of the prototype. But for sure it would be great if Ferrari could produce a road car version!

9. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    It is almost a given that Ferrari will produce a road going version and sell 500 of them at $2M a pop. A billion in revenue will definitely finance the program and juice the share price, especially when 200 Apertas will follow at $2.5MM :D. It will definitely be a win-win.

JagShergill, 9nb, Caeruleus11 and 2 others like this.
  10. mycatisholdingmehostage

Jan 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Well I heard from my dealer today. Apparently the coupe is supposed to be produced in “ridiculously low” levels and the open top even more ridiculous. I’ve got a Monza on the way (SP1), a Pista, 812 GTS, 812 Superfast, Portofino, Lusso (v12), and an F12 (was my first one). All those bought within the last 3 years and still I didn’t make the cut. Seems the numbers are going to be “ridiculously” low indeed.

Oh, and I completed the corso pilota (Challenge) series a few years ago too. So if Ferrari looked at my profile and said, “nah not good enough” then I hate to see what others bought to make the list.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

LMH, Thecadster, Caeruleus11 and 4 others like this.
  11. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    But that doesn’t make sense, if you were offered a Monza and bought it, you surely must be at least VIP

12. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Either you live in a very tough market with lots of competition for the latest model or the dealer is playing games. The thinking is that there will be about 750 coupes. The Monza was 1 of 499 so you should have been in for the latest car to with that previous purchase. The F12 tdF was 799 + built so it seems shareholders would not be happy with fewer 812VS models built...

13. ForeverCar

ForeverCar Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2017
    For those that weren’t contacted, I wonder if there’s a bit of “you can’t have it to increase our want even more” at play here. Not saying that it won’t be limited, we know Ferrari is an expert at making us go “must have the cars” and forget all rational thinking.

14. mycatisholdingmehostage

Jan 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Technically I’m supposed to be in”Top” to get the Monza (VIP is below that and didn’t qualify...so I’m told). So I guess there is a “Top of the top”. I’m apparently “Bottom of the top”

For what it’s worth the original answer on the Monza was “it’s not looking good for you to get one” and then it suddenly started looking good.

Ah well. Can’t say I’m not disappointed. Would have been amazing to get the 812 vs but so it goes. 2nd hand and ridiculous markup is always an option.

LMH, Shack, of2worlds and 1 other person like this.
  15. mycatisholdingmehostage

Jan 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex
    My dealer has always been open and straight with me (love that guy). If he says “ridiculously” limited then I’d consider that pretty reliable.

16. XSQF

XSQF Rookie

Apr 5, 2019
    Big market? I know for the Speciale Aperta and Tdf some top guys were only allowed to pick one. If you're not in a big market that's pretty strange since you were allocated a Monza but not the vs.

Ltfor3, of2worlds and roma1280 like this.
  17. mycatisholdingmehostage

Jan 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Big market? I’m in the California market if that’s what you mean.

18. ilCapo

ilCapo Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2020
    Italy, Canada, the Cayman Islands
    Full Name:
    Frank Schilling
    #4768 ilCapo, Feb 26, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    I’ve been in the naming/marketing and identity business for 20 years. So if it was up to me I’d name this baby one of the following:

812 GTA (Grand Touring Americas)
    812 GTO (obvious, paying homage)
    880 GT (my estimate of hp, lucky number)
    812 V (“Vittoria”, end of an era, devastating, nothing left to prove)
    812 GTV as above, “Victory”
    812 EF (first and last initial of the man who inspired it)
    812 GTX or X (‘x’ marking the end of an era)
    812 VX (as above)
    812 VF (version finale)
    812 F (interchangeable for Finale and Ferrari)

... I think we can all agree this is much more than another top version at the end of a successful model run. This is going to be a genuine milestone and a deafening “mic drop”, heard by every automotive manufacturer around the World. Calling this a VS just doesn’t feel exalted enough. We all want more. Come-on Ferrari. Give us a name for the ages.

ScottS, ryalex, of2worlds and 2 others like this.
  19. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    It might not be that ridiculous when u add up the losses on selling all the cars one doesnt really want

skinguy23 and day355 like this.
  20. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    On one hand, this is quite possibly the most depressing post I have read in this entire thread with respect to allocations...but it does indicate that Ferrari will not repeat the failed Pista allocation strategy. The pendulum appears to have swung...

Thecadster likes this.
  21. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    How about 812 SO for Speciale Omologato

22. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    GTX = Euro tuning scene (Maybe because I'm europeean and grew up among modified Golf GTI & Peugeot 205 GTI)

VX = The rock, Sean Connery & Nicolas Cage. I can feel the gas melting my skin , one of my fav movie ever (Yellow F355)

880 GT probably more 840, an insider told us the HP gap between the standart car and the VS will be the smallest when compared to the GTO and the tdf

GTV sounds great, but too much Alfa IMO

812 V is quite simple and effective, love it. Too bad Cadillac used it.

JagShergill likes this.
  23. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    My calculation is that the production number (which will be announced, unlike for the Pista) for the 812 VS will be about 30% of that of the Pista coupe. Assuming 2500 Pista that's about 750 812VS. Another question is whether demand will shrink a little when the price will be announced (giving some opportunity for a late build for some people on "waiting list").

Ltfor3 likes this.
  24. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    London/LA/SF/Zurich/Geneva are probably the toughest markets in the world. Another SF based member here @RamsHmb was also not invited even though his recent purchase history is very strong.
    Also if I understood @George330 correctly, Ferrari is treating the Icona cars slightly differently in that if you buy an Icona it gives you first dibs on the next Icona and perhaps not an automatic status upgrade to top client like buying a XX or F1 car.

Scudmsl likes this.
  25. mycatisholdingmehostage

Jan 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex
    It makes sense to me from Ferraris standpoint. If they made the same number as the TDF then they would tank that market and anger the TDF buyers. Given they already irritated the Pista buyers they probably figured they can’t make the same mistake twice. Their only option then is to make very limited 812 VS numbers so the TDF market stays strong but they still reward the super top of their buyer chain.