812 GTS on the way | FerrariChat

812 GTS on the way

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by nickorette, Feb 27, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    #1 nickorette, Feb 27, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2021
    I was in the market for a couple years for an F12, but very stingy on my perfect spec. Wasn't all that interested in the 812 SF, in photos it didn't look as nice. However, love the look of the 812 GTS. I had the impression they either had allocations long gone or if you wanted, you had to buy a couple Portofinos first kind of thing. I emailed my dealer out of curiosity and was surprised to find out he could get me an allocation! So needless to say I quickly used my man maths to justify an 812 GTS over a cheaper used F12, and was on my way to the dealer a couple days later.

Was happy I got to see some GTS they had in person, the photos don't really do it justice. Same with SF, which I got to see beside an F12, which I have to say I preferred both in the flesh over F12. Got my order in and spec done. ETA is Q4 2022, one of the last ones I believe. Went with Rosso Maranello over Nero, Alcantara seat and door inserts with rosso stitching. The configurator renders are horribly off from how it looks in real life so I did some photo editing to kind of get it close.

The stitched floormats I'll probably take out, I'd be too worried about getting the lettering dirty. I asked them to look into a leather roofliner, it wasn't on options list.

Questions:
    -Is HiFI necessary? On the Huracan EVO I ordered the general consensus was that non-upgraded system was terrible, Sensonum was a must-have
    -I found a price list that says BAC1 Leather Upholster Seat Backrest -is the standard seat backrest not leather?
    -On that there is also CTU4 -Leather Central Tunnel -Is central tunnel not already leather?
    -Thinking I might add heat insulating windscreen
    -Any must-have options I missed? I know many will say front lift, but managed fine in my area with F430 and DBS in stable, both without. I keep cars at stock ride height, lots of undulations on the backroads I hit
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

BLUESL, Garretto, MaxF14 and 6 others like this.
  2. Nicolas21

Nicolas21 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2016
    Near a nuclear powerplant
    Full Name:
    Nicolas
    Congrats !!! :)

of2worlds likes this.
  3. nickorette

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    Oh, I was told you can specify Michelin's instead of Pirellis -anyone know more about that? Dealer didn't seem to know too much about that

4. rossodino

rossodino Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2007
    corona del mar, ca.
    Full Name:
    bruce sansone
    Very nice Spec Congrats!

nickorette likes this.
  5. woody byrd

woody byrd Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2006
    cary, nc
    Full Name:
    woody byrd
    WOW, that is a beauty! Great spec!. Congratulations.
    I ordered and placed a deposit a year ago. I've been promised a car, but no allocation or production slot yet..

nickorette likes this.
  6. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Yes you can specify Michelin.
    Beautiful spec!
    Options are mostly personal. I think for a car of this price that a HiFi system is a must. I get the impression that front lift is important to many people and so may affect resale (if that is important to you).

Given that it is more GT than race car I specc’d mine without any CF whatsoever (my 812SF has a lot of interior CF).

nickorette and dcmetro like this.
  7. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Nice spec, drop the heat insulating windshield if you are using a windshield mounted radar detector, the windshield will reduce the range of the detector to a useless level. The better sound system is worth it.

Not surprising to me that you were able to just walk in off the street and get a GTS allocation, no surprise at all. Allocations are only limited to the profit that Ferrari needs to make for the quarter and GTS definitely fit the bill for adding to the bottom line.

nickorette likes this.
  8. doc76

doc76 Rookie

Jul 27, 2014
    Italia
    Full Name:
    Nico
    Beautiful spec, beautiful car

nickorette likes this.
  9. ACW44

ACW44 Rookie

Jan 1, 2010
    Ontario
    Very nice spec! I specced my car in January from the same dealer. Rosso Corsa with nero interior/red stitching/alcantara inserts/diamond pattern seats. Can't wait. My first time ordering. Hoping for a good experience

of2worlds and nickorette like this.
  10. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    Congrats on the GTS and a beautiful spec! Here are some answers to your questions.

I agree that the floormats are not great, I would get a set made by Andrew from Exoticar who is located in your hometown of Toronto and is a sponsor on Fchat. Many of us have posted his mats which I have also bought and are fantastic!

Roofliner IS an option, called ULEZ in leather and UALZ in alcantara, I attached a photo for you that you could forward to your sales advisor.

HiFi in my opinion is necessary, I have it on my Pista Spider (1st time I chose it) and its so much better than standard which I have in mt 458 coupe and also had in my Pista coupe and it was a noticible difference especially with the top down.

Standard seat backrest in NOT leather but in some sort of black plastic-rubber type of material which is also on the seat base. Similarily, the central tunnel is also not leather but similar material as well.

I would encourage you to get the lift since it's a long front end and many standard 812 coupes have easily been scraped.

Lastly, the code for michelin tires is TYMX.

Attached Files:

Thecadster, of2worlds, ACW44 and 4 others like this.
  11. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Would recommend the HiFi system, it's a solid sounding car stereo from the factory. I'm not a car audio expert, but it is noticeably better than most car stereos I hear.

If you plan on selling the car down the road, you should get the front lift. Surround park, or at least front camera may be something you'd want to consider. I can't remember if the parking camera (PAC1) is the front camera or not. I personally just stuck with the backup camera + sensors, but in some instances the front parking camera would have been nice.

nickorette likes this.
  12. nickorette

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    AMAZING! Thanks so much!

13. nickorette

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    So I'll be adding rooflining, seatbacks and central tunnel in leather, Michelin tyres, Hi-Fi, and Heat Insulating Windscreen.

By popular request I'll be revisiting front end lift. I've asked dealer to measure overhang and ground clearence and I'll be comparing to my other cars without to see if it is worse and make the call.

Super excited!

of2worlds likes this.
  14. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    Radar detectors are illegal in his province. He already had a F430, but another poster with a 360 and Portofino ordered a GTS as his first new F car.

of2worlds likes this.
  15. nickorette

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    True, I did buy my F430 from same dealer, only a couple weeks shy of 3 years ago. Bring there for service as well

Andial likes this.
  16. nickorette

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    SA says CTU4 is only for colour change and central tunnel is all leather already. Can anyone double check?

17. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Not sure about that, my main color is cioccolato and CTU4 says “leather central tunnel” in cioccolato.

18. ACW44

ACW44 Rookie

Jan 1, 2010
    Ontario
    The Other poster I believe is me. The 2020 Portofino was purchased from the dealer on consignment with 1200 km this past July. Also bought a Maserati Levante GTS from the same dealer last month. The salesman said the Portofino purchase allowed me to jump in line an order a GTS. Just hoping now that I get it by late 2021 or earlier, as I was told.

Andial likes this.
  19. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    I added in the surround cameras as my 812SF only has the rear and the passenger side mirror aims downward when in reverse only when it feels like it and never when I want to parallel park!
    The upgraded HiFi is a must and the lift too- NY streets are mostly level but the union road builders purposely undulate the streets to torture drivers
    The windshield causes issues for radar detectors but also EZ pass if you don’t have it on exactly right. It also seems to interfere with cellphone and WiFi signals especially in marginal areas (of course I have no proof of that but my other cars without it seem to carry a better signal in the same spots)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

nickorette likes this.
  20. ACW44

ACW44 Rookie

Jan 1, 2010
    Ontario
    FYI - when I was at the dealer in mid January, there was about 10 GTS's in the basement. I asked how many had the front suspension lifter? The answer - 2 out of ten had the lifter. I have been going back and forth about this as well.

nickorette likes this.
  21. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    Ok, I stand corrected. The central tunnel and the seatbacks/base are both Standard Black leather, however, It sure doesnt feel like leather but then what do I know. I've attached the diagram for standard interior as well as Leather interior options, hope this helps.

Not sure why the uploaded images are a bit blurry but the Yellow CTU4 option is for color upon request option for leather central tunnel.

My apologies if I mislead anyone.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

nickorette likes this.
  22. nickorette

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    Awesome, thanks!

23. Ngcanada

Ngcanada Formula Junior

May 16, 2016
    Ottawa Canada
    Congratulations!! Is it possible to share the measurements of the front overhang and ground clearance? I am waiting for my SF to arrive in the next couple of weeks and I am not sure if it will clear the ramps to my lift. Thanks!

24. nickorette

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    Was just told roughly 31.5" from front axle to end of front bumper and 6" ground clearance on front lip

25. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Depends what lift you have, but my 812sf rolls onto my bendpak hd-9 without needing the lifter. The front rubber aero stuff that hangs down does scrape a little on the way up, but it’s not a big deal. I do use the lifter to get on my rotary 14k lb lift though.