458 - 458 just reached 100,000 miles in Washington State with a celebration party | FerrariChat

458 458 just reached 100,000 miles in Washington State with a celebration party

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by FerrariCognoscenti, Feb 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    I wanted to share with my fellow cognoscenti a beautiful white 458 Italia that just crossed 100,000 miles in Washington State. A real marvel and testament to how reliable modern Ferrari’s have become. I hope sharing this will encourage others to avoid “Ferrari Anxiety Syndrome” and g out and put serious miles on their cars like they should! Enzo would be proud!

While we’re on this topic, besides regularly scheduled annual maintenance and service intervals, what are other preventive maintenance items we can complete to ensure our 458s also can go the distance like this gentleman in Washington?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nsd991, nicholasn, stavura and 32 others like this.
  2. jcoles

jcoles Rookie

Aug 22, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Jeff Coles
    That's awesome. I thought only Porsche guys post pics like this...lol. I have always been a Porsche owner but thought Ferrari builds the world's most beautiful cars. I suffer from “Ferrari Anxiety Syndrome” but have read many articles and seen many YouTube posts that say the 458 and 488 are reliable machines. My local Porsche dealer is giving my the run around about getting a GT3 allocation so I'm seriously looking into it.

Melvok likes this.
  3. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
    Amazing congratulations

4. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Yep, that is my friend William.

He drives his car rain or shine, and he also organizes our local FCA lunch / dinner and drives & other Seattle area events.

William is one of the nicest, friendliest, most sincere, most kind, most respectful guy anyone can ever meet.

I am honored to be his friend.

Dan

5. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Don’t do it! They’re a dime a dozen!

NewYorkLego likes this.
  6. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    That’s great! Given he drives so much, do you know what kind of tires he uses on his 458?

7. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Im not sure but I will ask him.

He said his 458 is the most reliable car he has ever owned.
    Other than consumable items like battery, tires, brakes, etc. he said his 458 has been 100% reliable.

Amazing.

8. jcoles

jcoles Rookie

Aug 22, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Jeff Coles
    I don't think I will nor will I get an allocation without having to pay an additional dealer markup (ADM) which I'm not willing to do. Is it common for Ferrari dealers to charge ADM's on certain models? Porsche dealers seem to do it quite a bit.

9. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congratulazioni! Molto bene!!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

10. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Very nice! 200 awaits thee......

Rexcat458 and axlesofevil like this.
  11. axlesofevil

axlesofevil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Love seeing these. I still haven't rolled over 10,000 miles on mine but good to know I have at least another 90k after that :D

12. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    **** yeah!
    :D

sampelligrino likes this.
  13. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    My 458 Spider, 2013, just hit 45K miles! Only once has it had an issue with a wheel speed sensor, otherwise has been 100% bullet-proof.
    Love it!

14. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Congratulations to the owner on that awesome achievement! It is so inspiring to the rest of us who are blessed to own and experience the incredible 458!

My 2015 458 Italia is knocking on the door of 15,000 miles... She just got back from her sixth annual service with an outstanding service report from the F-dealer.

I love to see these stories, keep them coming! I’m going to drive the wheels off my 458... I can’t wait to see 100,000 miles roll over on my odometer.

Cheers!

15. alibo70

alibo70 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2018
    MS
    Full Name:
    Ali
    Awesome. 48,500 on mine and been absolutely flawless. Just last week a fellow 458 owner was arguing they required full engine rebuilds at 50k miles. Instead, he sits in his while it warms up never leaving the garage. To each his own lol. Congrats.

16. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    William is an awesome person and Ferrari owner. He organizes a lot of drives for us fellow FCA members and supercar friends. Sad I wasn't able to make his celebration drive. He's very welcoming of others and always makes sure everyone is feeling included.

We should all aspire to drive our cars like William's 458. I am taking after him with my 812 and I'm on a mission to make it to 100k+ miles myself.

Doug., Rexcat458 and whatheheck like this.
  17. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    According to William he's running Michelin Pilot Sport 4S on his 458 and he is super happy with them.

I had the Pilot 4S also on my now sold F430 and I was super happy with those tires too.

Dan

18. Spezia

Spezia Karting

Dec 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    John Weires
    I am glad to hear that the 458 is a reliable car even when an older model and driven into the higher mileage range.
    Gives me more confidence in mine.

19. Michaelw488

Michaelw488 Karting

Mar 20, 2018
    Full Name:
    Michael W
    Congratulations what are your thoughts on extended warranties did you buy any thank you?

20. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    What maintenance items (besides regular annual maintenance) does he do to ensure the car is reliable for the 100k miles?

21. Yellowgallardo1

Yellowgallardo1 Karting

Sep 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    marcus
    I messaged you

22. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe Formula 3

Sep 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Awesome! Now maybe everyone will not be afraid of the miles! These modern F-cars are darn near bullet proof!

Rexcat458 likes this.
  23. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    I'm jealous of this guy. I'm afraid to pass 4,000.

24. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    A Big but not unexpected Congrats. The 58 is a spectacular Ferrari. For those who don’t mind driving the car, it is a drivers car. Not for posing or bragging rights. Of course if have a limited edition Ferrari, like a La Ferrari or Monza SP, hats off to you!

Although I have a new F8 spider which I adore, I drove my 58 tonight. (The 58 is a keeper.)

25. stoked_7

stoked_7 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2020
    USA
    Congrats to this gentleman for utilizing his Ferrari to the fullest. Life is short