Reasonable ODB Reader for 360 | FerrariChat

Reasonable ODB Reader for 360

Discussion in '360/430' started by rquad, Mar 1, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rquad

rquad Karting

Jul 26, 2019
    Georgia
    I'm looking for an ODB reader for my '99 360 (just got my first CEL). It looks like this was discussed here several years ago, so I'm sure technology has changed since then. I don't need anything fancy - just something to tell me the codes, and maybe ability to reset the CEL. A bonus would be a reader that isn't specific to Ferrari - I have a few domestics in the stable.

2. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    A lot of these obd devices dont read a ferrari, the launch 431 i have is pretty good but not the cheapest. But if it saves you 2 hours ferrari labour it has almost paid for itself.

3. rquad

rquad Karting

Jul 26, 2019
    Georgia
    There are a ton of devices called Launch 431 that range from $45 to $1200. Which model do you have?

4. fotostars

fotostars Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Bay Area
    Autel AP200 , $60 on Amazon. Reads both 360 ECUs , can beat that!

jag-oo-r and EastMemphis like this.
  5. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    I think he’s talking about the Launch Mini Pro X431. I have one too. I think I paid $650ish on EBay. It does a ton of things on a ton of cars.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. rquad

rquad Karting

Jul 26, 2019
    Georgia
    I started researching the AP200 and it looks like a good option. But I found that there is a clone of it at WalMart called the HT200, and I wondered if anyone has used that. Also, I see that Autel offers a whole line of inexpensive readers with a built-in screen, but I can't find any information about whether or not they support Ferrari's. Anyone have success with any of the handheld Autel's?

7. rquad

rquad Karting

Jul 26, 2019
    Georgia
    There seems to be a question as to whether the AP200 reads models older than 2001. What year car did you use it with?

8. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    I think the question is about the TCU for the F1 system and not the engine ECU's. I have a 2001 so can't answer the previous year question exactly.

9. fotostars

fotostars Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Bay Area
    I don't know about the Walmart one. The convenience of using your smartphone as the "screen" is really nice. I have the dongle in the glove box and my phone is always with me. So I don't even think about it. I know I can always pull the codes if something happens. The AP200 I bought on Amazon came with a "one brand license"... It does support generic OBDII data but you can also add more brands for specific stuff (~$20 each if I recall). On my 2002 360, it can read codes from both Engine ECU, Airbag and ABS. I have a gated car so can't comment on the F1 TCU.

Edit: (Oops I was typing when the other messages came in but looks like I answered the question at the end anyway)

EastMemphis likes this.
  10. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    If you are looking for a device to do exactly what you described (reading codes, reset check engine light and use on other vehicles), then you should consider the OBD Fusion software for Android or Apple. Importantly, it reads codes from both ECUs, which is a limitation of many OBD readers for our cars.

Kevin

11. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I have a x431, VAG, Carly, Torque and EOBD Facile .. and for quick check and data stream I seem to like the Eodb facile

I can't say i used it on a older 360 so not sure what coverage you get .. but maybe someone can chime in

Inexpensive and handy

Just my two cents

Clint 360 likes this.
  12. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    431 mini pro

13. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    The thinkdiag is very interesting as well ..the first year is included andna few different options ..one car , all cars etc

Downside .renews every year

Look like full featured ..I think it uses all the same software as x431 mini

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk