NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER) | Page 69 | FerrariChat

NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER)

Discussion in '296' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Yes , it was a factory picture from last year.
    I was talking about a real spyshots on british B road with a camouflaged Valkyrie.

ingegnere likes this.
  2. MassAppeal

MassAppeal Karting

Mar 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mass Appeal
    #1702 MassAppeal, Feb 28, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    It seemed like the 3.0 hot Vee V6 was the AMG M177 4.0 hot Vee V8, minus two cylinders. They may just use the M177 V8 instead, for both the Valhalla and the Vanquish. And will continue working on the V6 and bring it out for the refresh of the Vanquish model. I think that the new boss from AMG wants to prove that Aston Martin’s supercar/hypercar models can be up to snuff to their Ferrari competitors, chassis, design and engine wise.

jpalmito and Senna1994 like this.
  3. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Very interesting, thank you for information. I read somewhere that AM also wants to go mostly electric at some point.

MassAppeal likes this.
  4. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
  5. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
  6. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    The F8 will disappear while the LB assumes a place that's comfortably below the SF90 in terms of HP, overall performance and price. ~700 hp to me is the sweet spot for LB if we assume that it'll also be 300-400 pounds lighter than the SF90.

Keep in mind that the LB with 'only' 700hp will still outperform the F8 when you consider the benefits of hybrid torque fill, next generation traction management and other chassis improvements (stiffness, suspension etc).

Doug23, Senna1994, D11 and 2 others like this.
  7. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    +1

I’m thinking more and more that the SF90 is a status car and new tech demonstrator and basically a direct (final?) descendant of the 458/488/F8, sharing the engine and even the same wheelbase.

I expect (hope) the LB will use the new chassis tech as first used in the Portofino (and Roma? Not sure) so if combined with a smaller, lighter engine and shorter wheelbase should impart much better driving dynamics and performance.

Senna1994 and MANDALAY like this.
  8. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Isn’t the chassis of the SF90 based on the new platform inaugurated with the portofino?

Doug23 and red passion like this.
  9. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I would have thought they would have bumped HP a little more. Curious to see how the performance and looks are on this car. As well as pricing.

10. D11

D11 Karting

Sep 26, 2010
    I agree.

I also think it will surely lose the SF90's two front batteries and be purely RWD. I think the combined HP comes in higher than the Pista/F8 motor's output though. ~730-760bhp.

Senna1994 likes this.
  11. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Normally one would expect that (and they still might), but from my perspective the arms race may be over in this segment. Most will agree that 700hp is enough and would rather the companies focus on preserving balance and driving pleasure. Let cars like the SF90 and new Aventador enjoy their top-of-range exclusivity/"status" and be the showcase for ultimate technology and horsepower. I think Lamborghini is a role model in terms of offering clear differentiation between their mid and top range supercars. They don't overlap in many areas except general styling cues and badge.

babgh and Senna1994 like this.
  12. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    They may do that for marketing reasons to avoid the headline horsepower figure being lower than its predecessor. Will be interesting to see if the Artura power figures are understated in typical McLaren fashion and if it's able to out-accelerate the higher powered LB.

Senna1994 and tekaefixe like this.
  13. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    That was what was expected and was stated (by Ferrari? I don’t recall) but the pics we’ve seen of the chassis looks like it still relies on an assembly of mostly extrusions whereas on the Portofino the the chassis is composed of more optimized, formed sections.

SVR likes this.
  14. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

SPOT on thats what ive been saying all along. The SF90 IS the descendant of the 458/488/F8.

LB is a new category but higher in pricing than the F8 in that way to create the new entry to Ferrari the Roma.

Ild bet anything that the new Roma and new Portofino will have the same engine as the LB but again less power as they will have wet sumps. But they will all share the same new chassis model.

ingegnere likes this.
  15. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

No , thats why there was a revision Portorfino M .

They will all convert to the new chassis architecture over time.

IMO

First is the SF90 next will be the LB , then Portofino and then Roma.

Once the architecture is in place across the rang expect model changes happening more frequently with the mission to keep model numbers low.

Senna1994 likes this.
  16. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Portofino at introduction had a chassis that was a noticeable development from what the California (and, similarly the 458, 488) had:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Whereas to me the SF90 looks not much different from the older cars except for local addition of the CF and accommodation for batteries.

SVR likes this.
  17. D11

D11 Karting

Sep 26, 2010
    Isn’t the SF90 chassis all new and utilizing aluminum and CF? I was unaware there were any similarities to the front mid engine mounted Portofino chassis with the SF90.

18. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    The universal substructure is even more basic

Image Unavailable, Please Login

D11 likes this.
  19. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Anyone willing to guess about the reveal date?

March is an active month for new model news releases. Is the Geneva Show officially cancelled or postponed.

20. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
  21. babgh

babgh Karting

Dec 21, 2016
    Hope they use the inline 6 of the amg53 instead if they are not using the v6

22. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

My money before the end of the month. April is Easter month so wont happen then.

23. Art_collector

Art_collector Karting

Jul 13, 2019
    In may they will show the car

lechevalcabre and 9nb like this.
  24. Dilusha

Dilusha Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Wait a minute. Why are we comparing F171 to Artura? McLaren Artura is the 570S successor. But F171 is the 488/F8 successor. o_O

And F171 will be heavier than Artura. So it'll need about 100 HP more than Artura.