F8. VIN Number on Ferrari App. | FerrariChat

F8. VIN Number on Ferrari App.

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by TheOldCootBiker, Mar 2, 2021.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheOldCootBiker

Mar 2, 2021
    South Africa
    Full Name:
    Brandon Els
    Hi Guys. I am new to Ferrari Chat. I am from South Africa. Today on the Ferrari App my VIN number appeared for the first time for my F8. Does anyone have any experience of how long it takes from seeing the VIN number on the App until the car is ready to ship? Cheers.

2. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    My VIN appeared 3-weeks after it went 10R spec locked, basically just before painting, so when a body had been assigned.

Went something like:

- 10R 18th Dec
    - VIN assigned early Jan
    - status 40 20th Jan
    - finished 20th Feb
    - arriving at dealer in a few days

fws357 and TheOldCootBiker like this.
  3. Hunter911

Hunter911 Karting

Mar 8, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    I'm curious as well. I got my VIN exactly 2 weeks ago and my first production line pic this morning.

SognoF8 and fws357 like this.
  4. TheOldCootBiker

Mar 2, 2021
    South Africa
    Full Name:
    Brandon Els
    Thanks. That's very good news. I have been back and forth to the App to look for a pic today. I hope my 1st pic comes in 2 weeks too!

5. TheOldCootBiker

Mar 2, 2021
    South Africa
    Full Name:
    Brandon Els
    Thanks XBox. That is great info seen that I have already been waiting 12 months since placing the order pre our lock down which has been very harsh and maybe part of the reason for delay.

6. fws357

fws357 Karting

Mar 27, 2022
    Hunter, do you remember when you took the delivery? I got my VIN assigned two weeks ago, wondering how long it will take them to build it. thanks

7. Hunter911

Hunter911 Karting

Mar 8, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    I think it arrived at my dealer on May 26th. It sat at the port in NY/NJ for an excruciatingly long time.

ScottS and SognoF8 like this.
  8. fws357

fws357 Karting

Mar 27, 2022
    appreciate your response! I got my VIN assigned on 3/25 and still waiting for my first pic. I will be very happy if I can get it by end of May. I am on east coast, so it will be going through NJ port as well.

9. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Good to hear this info. I was told my build was locked (10R) but no VIN yet on the app although all my specs are listed. That said, I hear the app is very inaccurate and shows “waiting list” until well After cars are actually delivered so who knows?

10. fws357

fws357 Karting

Mar 27, 2022
    the "waiting list" status does not reflect real status. In my case, my dealer told me that I was at 10G on 3/23. I checked the app on 3/25 and saw the VIN was assigned. called the dealer and was told the status was updated to 10R. That progress was a little different than most people reported here. As xBox posted above, VIN as assigned about few weeks later after 10R status.

Bigbobo likes this.
  11. Bigbobo

Bigbobo Karting

Jul 25, 2020
    Northern CA
    I would not trust the app. For me it showed "waiting list" and the car was in my garage.

italiafan and SognoF8 like this.
  12. harrish1985

harrish1985 Formula Junior

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    no way In may you’ll be lucky if you get it by September. I went 10R mid October and I’m still status 90

F8Spider likes this.
  13. williocom

williocom Rookie

Aug 26, 2009
    I got my VIN on 3/4/22 and I have yet to get any pics in the app. Hoping based on timelines that have been posted, I may have the car come end of May/June…

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

14. fws357

fws357 Karting

Mar 27, 2022
    I saw someone posted that he didn't get any production pics till he took the delivery. LOL. My dealer said expect delivery by June.

15. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    The app is really hit or miss in terms of consistency. For my 812 I had vin at 10R but didn’t get pictures until the car was delivered.

For my F8S I just got the vin Thursday after it went 10R. The other funny thing is that the picture defaults to the launch spec instead of my spec.

16. Ddushman

Ddushman Rookie

Dec 18, 2021
    Hi, a little off topic but does anyone know at what stage the model year is determined? Is it when the dealer receives it or a manufactured date? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

17. Mitchsliss

Mitchsliss Rookie

May 15, 2015
    regarding model year, my experience with my last few cars is that model year is determined by when it is produced. My Pista completed production the third week of June 2019 and was assigned a 2020 model year. Not sure if it varies by year and model.

18. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    The model year designation is listed in the VIN so once that is set the model year should also be set. I believe the VIN is given once the car hits the production line NOT when the car is completed.