For Sale - BabySmart booster seat (turns off airbag in 458, FF, F12 etc.) | FerrariChat

For Sale BabySmart booster seat (turns off airbag in 458, FF, F12 etc.)

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by tuonoR, Jan 2, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tuonoR

tuonoR Formula Junior

Apr 22, 2006
    This is a booster seat that will properly deactivate the airbag in your 458, Speciale, FF, F12 and other similar vintage F-cars (using a transponder technology called BabySmart).

The actual model is a Mercedes KidFix. For some reason Ferrari never sold a compatible seat to turn off the airbag in the US. Discussion of this specific booster (and photo of it in race seats) here:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/car-seat-in-front-seat.302518/#post-140040855

This was used a couple times in a Speciale. But looks like new, stored in a storage bag in a clean dry garage.

$200 + shipping (or preferably) pick-up in LA (its big). These cost over $500 originally and as far as I can tell they are no longer available.

PM or email at tuonor<at>gmail<dot>com

2. tuonoR

tuonoR Formula Junior

Apr 22, 2006
    Updated price $180 + shipping (or pick up).

3. Pooldik

Pooldik Rookie

Nov 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Robert Hunka
  4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    thats a screaming deal. i paid $700 new if i recall correctly and you cant find these.

5. Pooldik

Pooldik Rookie

Nov 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Robert Hunka
    How’d you get the rear clip in btwn the headrest and top of the seat? (Being that the headrest doesn’t move and isn’t adjustable)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. Oz-ATL

Oz-ATL Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2011
    Agreed, great deal. FYI - You can take the discs out and Velcro them to the bottom of a new booster seat so it turns off the airbag and you get a newer/safer seat.

7. tuonoR

tuonoR Formula Junior

Apr 22, 2006
    This is pending sale. Thanks f-chat!