F8 Order Questions | FerrariChat

F8 Order Questions

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by opherhenry, Mar 2, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. opherhenry

opherhenry Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 17, 2014
    Huntingdon Valley, PA
    So I’m placing my order next week for a new F8 Spider. I own a stick 2001 360 Spider and love it but looking for something faster and more modern.

Here are my list of questions and vague thoughts:

I’m thinking Grigio Titanio with Nero interior
    I’m thinking just standard seats and not any upgrades inside, any thoughts on that?
    I have a few AMG’s with carbon fiber everywhere so I don’t need to spend 15k+ on that. Any thoughts on the plain seats?
    Forged wheels, shields and yellow brake calipers
    One odd question, if you don’t specify a brake caliper color what color do they come in?
    Is the rear parking camera standard or is that an option?
    I’m seriously considering the front lift because I’m in Pennsylvania and deal with some hilly spots.
    Are there any other options I should spring for?
    I’m going to have aftermarket speakers, amp and speakers installed because it would cost the same as hifi stereo and be 5x better.

I appreciated any feedback.

2. PMiranda

PMiranda Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2004
    Austin, TX
    IMO blue or black calipers go better with the grigio/nero combination, but I've just never been a fan of yellow calipers and I'd worry they discolor if too hot.
    Unless you get stitching or other interior accents that match the calibers. (Don't forge tthe yellow rev counter!) Then it's a subtle theme and a great way to add a bit of color to an otherwise monochromatic car, but I think that's a significant upgrade on the F8 that might slow down the order?
    I'm also a huge fan of the Daytona seats and especially the racing ones but they're not for everyone.

3. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    You should consider the racing seats in size large which for us NA guys works best. The standard seats just detract from the F8 interior appointments. Also believe your ROI comes at a greater advantage with carbon race seats.

4. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    I’m thinking Grigio Titanio with Nero interior
    >>> good scheme, a gorgeous F8 was recently added to the Order Status thread in that colour

I’m thinking just standard seats and not any upgrades inside, any thoughts on that?
    I have a few AMG’s with carbon fiber everywhere so I don’t need to spend 15k+ on that. Any thoughts on the plain seats?
    >>> standard seats in Style design, with a colour centre stripe offer a significant lift in looks - not as pretty as Sport CF, but then more comfy and heated, depends on your intended usage, climate and roads.

Forged wheels, shields and yellow brake calipers
    >>> forged are the F8 look

One odd question, if you don’t specify a brake caliper color what color do they come in?
    >>> dark grey I believe

Is the rear parking camera standard or is that an option?
    >>> option in most markets PAC1

I’m seriously considering the front lift because I’m in Pennsylvania and deal with some hilly spots.
    >>> get it for peace of mind, you also get adaptive lights

Are there any other options I should spring for?
    >>> standard silver trim will match the exterior, but maybe dimming mirrors, park sensors?

5. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Dude...it’s only money...don’t spec such a snoozefest of a car. It’s a Ferrari, get a little more creative.

AD211, rossodino, Ltfor3 and 2 others like this.
  6. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    It depends. My 488 spider had shields only in GT/Nero. Didn’t miss anything. Never drove it and said I wish I had more CF or more options.

That said I bought used and for two years of ownership had minimal depreciation.

For my F8 and now F8 spider I did more. There are must haves. There are good to have and the. There are i wants. Don’t listen to resale concerns because even basic cars sell. I paid 270 for my 18 488 spider with 682 miles against MSRP 279. So resale should not make you add or subtract options.

As mentioned little details in the seat can be helpful to Set it apart but may offer little advantage. For most people they are fine. I agree Daytona or full electric are nice.

I love the colors. Great combo.

Standard brake is black. They can be painted after if one changes their mind including the stencil for pennies.

Lifter in PA. Yes. The sound of scraping is so nausea inducing and a hassle.

Consider the roof lining and also stitching contrast/ cavillino headrest.

You may consider the racing seats. They are very comfortable and are Consistent with the nature of the car.

LEDS were considered necessary by my dealer and mostly all on here. And the there is a CF stripe inside included. Consider the CF pista paddles as a nice touch but not necessarily the driver zone if you’re not doing CF mania. That leaves the LED CF wheel, paddles and interior
    MStrip.

Lastly consider the look of your exhaust tips. Standard shows most, titanium has some offset and ceramic tips basically disappear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    Ahahahahaaaa, brilliant :D

Some of us guys like to start with 'best intentions', then as time progresses, the triple-layer paint sneaks in, carbon fibre, then some XX options...... its a difficult path for some, before they yield to the way of the horse :rolleyes:

Cigarzman, jm2 and italiafan like this.
  8. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Image Unavailable, Please Login

xBox and italiafan like this.
  9. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    It sounds like you are treating so I agree, OP go crazy with it. Just make sure to get italiafan venmo info. :p

10. TheBigDot

TheBigDot Karting

Apr 27, 2019
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Has you local dealer agreed to give you an allocation with such a light option list? This is something to think about.

11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    How tall are you? If 6' or more, seriously consider the race seats. They are still very comfy, and not only do they add a nice amount of headroom, they hold you in place which is something the stock seats are not very good at.

Make sure you get leather or alcantara on the rear wall. The stock carpet they put there looks like crap.

You could have them do the interior trim in Titanio. Would tie in with the exterior.

If you do yellow calipers, consider yellow stitching and cavalinos. It will add a bit of flair and warmth to an otherwise dark and monotone black cabin.

If you don't want CF, outside, have the exterior trim and diffuser painted gloss black. Cheaper than CF and adds some detail.

Consider the 3D wheel centre caps in the wheel colour with cavalinos that match the exterior badging.

CF drivers zone to match the race seatbacks if you go that route. Order Pista style CF paddles too. Much nicer to use.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Chizz and italiafan like this.
  12. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    OP asks for feedback then goes ghost mode....this thread is dead.

13. opherhenry

opherhenry Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 17, 2014
    Huntingdon Valley, PA
    I’m taking it all in. Thanks for all the feedback! I’m gonna check out the seats more in person. I’ll let you know after more hands on... thanks for the guidance so far.

14. WM458

WM458 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2014
    Germany
    Hi, I inserted some personal thoughts to your original post....
    Good luck!