430 - Position lights | Minimal LIGHTS - Help Please | FerrariChat

430 Position lights | Minimal LIGHTS - Help Please

Discussion in '360/430' started by facmpower, Mar 3, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. facmpower

facmpower Rookie

Mar 19, 2014
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    Costa, Fábio
    Hello everybody.

I left my f430's battery disconnected for a few days. I don't know if that was the reason, but now I notice that my front LEDs (minimal lights) don't turn on at all. It was both at once, the left and the right. I really don't know what to do. I've checked the fuses, they're all fine. Could I have turned off some function? Anyone with any help? It would be welcome.

THANKS

2. Gillis Haasnoot

Gillis Haasnoot Karting

Feb 4, 2020
    Leiden, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Gillis Haasnoot
    Does the park light button on centre console work? Do they turn on when you press them?

3. Snapshift

Snapshift Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 31, 2020
    Centralia IL
    Full Name:
    Lyle D. Pahnke
    Not sure what minimal lights are but based on recent experience, Recharge the battery. It might be a voltage thing. Scuding Swiss DRL that I just installed with the Control unit allows the LED running lights in the "Tunnel" to turn on automatically after starting the engine and only after the engine starting current has been replenished to the battery , then they will turn on. There is about a 1 min delay before they turn on after starting. I don't know the specific voltage that has to be attained to have them start up but there is a noticeable delay. At first, I didn't think they were working, but I have a voltmeter and alternator voltage after starting is immediately up to 13.8 -14V. Cruising it seems to settle on about 13.8V.

Ray Smith likes this.
  4. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    When you try to switch on the side lights, do the rear side lights come on at the same time ? The 2 fuses in the front compartment supply opposite corners. ie one fuse supplies front right side light and rear red tail light. Other fuse supply to the other opposite pair.

5. facmpower

facmpower Rookie

Mar 19, 2014
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    Costa, Fábio
    Yes, the rear lights come on. I checked these fuses and they are ok. I'm confused because they just don't care anymore.
    Is there anything else I can test?

6. facmpower

facmpower Rookie

Mar 19, 2014
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    Costa, Fábio
    Yes it is working but it only turns on as rear lights.

7. facmpower

facmpower Rookie

Mar 19, 2014
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    Costa, Fábio

Hummm ok, it's an idea. Tomorrow I will ride the car all day and do this experience. My LEDs always worked when I turned on the minimum lights.
    The strange thing is that they were simply both, at the same time.

8. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    There has to be a relay somewhere

facmpower likes this.
  9. Snapshift

Snapshift Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 31, 2020
    Centralia IL
    Full Name:
    Lyle D. Pahnke
    Are they burned out? open them up and test with a direct connection of 12V to the LED light in question. I know it is both of them but who knows. IME LED's don't last as long as advertised. Things are sometimes coincidental. I gather by minimal light you mean the parking lights that light up the rear reds and front light tunnel. Also put a voltage reader on the supply wire and see what voltage is at the feed wire. IF no voltage, then it is a fuse switch or relay or bad wire somewhere, best guess.

10. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    If the circuit is wired up the same as the F360, a faulty relay would stop all of the sidelights working and a single faulty fuse would stop diagonal lights working (not two front or two rear). Also, the Park lighting system has a different relay which bypasses the sidelight relay. There are, at least on the F360, independent earths for the front left and right lights.

As you say, simply two bulbs may have blown.

11. facmpower

facmpower Rookie

Mar 19, 2014
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    Costa, Fábio

Yes, but it is very strange that the two have completely erased. I turned the power off for a few days and it stayed that way. It may be a coincidence, but I don't know. If I don't get them to light, I'll test it as you say. Thanks

12. facmpower

facmpower Rookie

Mar 19, 2014
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    Costa, Fábio

Do you know any relays for the lights on the f430?

13. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    The point of my message was to say that it couldn't be a single fuse or relay ;)

But here are the F430 fuses and relays anyway (in the forward luggage compartment) :

Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Sorry, that image is a little blurry...

The fuses are numbered...
    4 3 2 1
    8 7 6 5
    12 11 10 9... etc.

Attached Files:

15. facmpower

facmpower Rookie

Mar 19, 2014
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    Costa, Fábio

Thank you for your sharing. I had already checked the fuses. Tomorrow I will confirm the relay you identified.

16. facmpower

facmpower Rookie

Mar 19, 2014
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    Costa, Fábio
    I did all the experiments, my headlights are not turning on anymore.
    I'll check if I have current on the led. I find it very strange that they simply burned both of them at the same time. But this is a possibility

17. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Sounds like you have shorted out the wiring, go back and check the fuses