Recommendations for a place to live for 1 year - for my daughter | FerrariChat

Recommendations for a place to live for 1 year - for my daughter

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by SCKOMS, Mar 3, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Greetings all. My daughter completed her residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery last June and has now decided to do a Fellowship in facial cosmetic surgery from July 1 2021 to June 30 2022. The Fellowship director has 2 offices, one in Greenwich Village and the other in Shrewsbury, NJ. Ideally, she would want to rent an apartment somewhere half way between the 2 locations.

The number 1 priority would obviously be for her to live somewhere as safe as possible that is as convenient as possible to the 2 locations. I have absolutely no familiarity with the area, so I'm hoping someone can offer some advice.

Thanks in advance...Spiro

P.S. I am also posting this in Silver

2. jferrante

jferrante Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2016
    Halfway between the two will put you in no fun areas....if she's young she would enjoy either living down by Shrewsbury and enjoy the beach town or live in Hoboken/Jersey City for more of a city life. With covid the drive will not be more than 45 mins and shell be close to at least one of the offices 50% of the time.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

SCKOMS likes this.
  3. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Middletown , atlantic highlands

Ferry to downtown

That being said .. Hoboken hard to beat

If you decide monmouth county is right for her ..i can help if you would like (am a realtor)

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

SCKOMS likes this.
  4. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Newport / Pavonia nj is also a good choice ..a little less expense and easier access to path train to world trade center

SCKOMS likes this.
  5. shoreorthopod

shoreorthopod Karting

Oct 14, 2012
    So the shore is a great place to live (currently here full time) and commute to city is not bad... for someone young Red Bank is safe and has great train access, Sea Bright is a great shore town that has great ferry access (but that can get a little pricey). Hoboken is awesome but parking is miserable and Weehaken/Edgewater not much better and Jersey City/Newark not great on the safety end. Regardless congrats on her career... it is a great pathway

rdefabri and SCKOMS like this.
  6. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I agree with you on Newark ....

7. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed