360 starting issues | FerrariChat

360 starting issues

Discussion in '360/430' started by Art H, Mar 2, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Art H

Art H Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 15, 2014
    My 360 with an F1 has starting issues. I wait for the F1 pump to compress and then press the break and try to start the car. It will not work the first time. I have to wait 30 seconds and then it’ll start. My mechanic change the switch. His conclusion is that the F one pump is not Loading up with enough pressure. What are your thoughts out there?

2. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Is the pump cutting out or does it keep on running?

3. wbt

wbt Karting

Nov 28, 2014
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    The car will only start after the F1 gearbox light on the dash goes out. Can take a while until pressure builds in the system.

4. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    could also be the accumulator isn't holding pressure, causing the pump to have to work harder, putting additional strain on the pump itself.

I'd test both before buying any parts, if you JUST swap the pump and the accumulator IS on the outs, it'll just compound the frustration when the new pump starts failing prematurely.

clean512 and flash32 like this.
  5. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    My car used to take over 20-25 seconds to prime, door open and key in, with a faulty accumulator. With a new accumulator it takes about 9 to 12 seconds total.

armedferret and flash32 like this.
  6. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Sometimes a faulty accumulator with keep pump on for 1 - 2 seconds but cycle many times - bladder failed

armedferret likes this.