488 - Catless downpipes | FerrariChat

488 Catless downpipes

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by DonJohnson, Mar 3, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DonJohnson

DonJohnson Rookie

Oct 30, 2020
    Full Name:
    Don Johnson
    I am considering installing catless downpipes. Those that have done it just how much louder is it? I have listened to the sound clips but they really don't help. Is it significantly louder then cold start?

Thanks!

2. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Its more and just installing them...you will need to tune the car to accept them and to deal with the extra exhaust flow to run correctly with out throwing a CEL light.

Video is hard to tell due to the cell phone microphone not being up to par...plus what are you listening to the video on? I have some JBL studio powered monitors hooked to my computer run through a DAC. However in person the sound of exhaust mods is far different than even the better recorded ones. Catless pipes will give you a lot more sound in the car and out of the car.

Another question for you.... do you care about keeping the cars power train warranty?

3. DonJohnson

DonJohnson Rookie

Oct 30, 2020
    Full Name:
    Don Johnson
    My car already has the Novitec tune. What I am considering is the Capristo catless downpipes and their OBD module to cease the check engine light.

I am not concerned with the warranty.

4. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

...if you’re are Novitec tuned...why not stick with the Novitec exhaust. I think it’s arguably a better sound note than the capristo ?

Lagunae92 likes this.
  5. DonJohnson

DonJohnson Rookie

Oct 30, 2020
    Full Name:
    Don Johnson
    I am keeping the back half of the exhaust stock. I am not interested in changing the back half, there is no real power gains to be had changing it. I am focused on power output, not sound quality. That said, I am trying to determine just how much louder the car will be with catless.

Also, the Capristo OBD module and downpipes are WAY cheaper then Novitec....

Actualizer likes this.