Service costs GTC4Lusso after 7 years | FerrariChat

Service costs GTC4Lusso after 7 years

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Magnus Kanerfalk, Mar 1, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Magnus Kanerfalk

Sep 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    TioMango
    Does anyone have a clue of approximate service costs for the V12 vs the V8 after the 7 years free maintenance runs out? I'm torn between the two and I believe I will keep for quiet a while if I buy one.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  2. babwine

babwine Karting

Nov 6, 2016
    Boca Raton/Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    Burt
    I think you are focusing on the wrong expense. If you can afford the Lusso, you can afford maintenance after 7 years and I doubt the annual cost difference between the 8 and 12 is significant enough to drive your decision. The bigger concern IMO is lack of warranty coverage when something breaks or goes wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sunshine1, vraa and Caeruleus11 like this.
  3. babwine

babwine Karting

Nov 6, 2016
    Boca Raton/Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    Burt
    BTW, I own the 12 Lusso and highly recommend that over the 8

4. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Service costs vary according to where in the world you are located.......when you figure that out find a local dealer for most accurate information

vraa and Magnus Kanerfalk like this.
  5. Magnus Kanerfalk

Sep 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    TioMango
    Thanks for your reply!

The issue isn't that i can't afford it, I wan't to get a knowledge of if it's worth buying an older (2016-17) or if the maintenance costs will eat up the price difference compared to buy a newer one.

6. babwine

babwine Karting

Nov 6, 2016
    Boca Raton/Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    Burt
    Buy a 2018 or newer ... I believe there was a change in 2018. Whatever you buy, you will love it

Magnus Kanerfalk likes this.
  7. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Budget $2,500 per year, you should be ok.

Also, contact your closest Ferrari Dealership, you have the option of adding Main Power Warranty ( 1 year of New Power Warranty PLUS the next years annual service ) for
    $4,900 V8
    $5,544 v12

Steve

8. Phillychoi

Phillychoi Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 4, 2020
    Lansdale, PA
    If you can find Ferrari specialized indy shop in your area, you could save ton of $$$. My F12 has just completed 7 year free maintenance and I have found good indy shop that provide great price and service. They quoted me annual service for little over $1k that is included oil change, brake fluid flush and top off other fluids etc. They are using all Ferrari OEM parts. I'm not sure how much Ferrari dealers will charge for the annual service but it could be a lot higher than $1k.

LVP488, Magnus Kanerfalk and SAFE4NOW like this.
  9. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    FWIW, an oil change and brake flush should be well under $1,000 at the Dealership , you should price check before you jump ship. Also, those two services do not equate to an annual service either. When I double checked, I found that: Brake Flush should run about $250.00 and Oil Change would run about $450.00 + taxes , plus you get a free hand wash if requested, invitations to client events, and your "in the family" ... for under $1,000.00

Electrical systems check, battery, alternator, starter. Pressure testing cooling system, checking for leaks. Performing an electronic systems check for all systems on board.
    How about treating all the rubber body seals and gaskets to prevent water or air leaks over time. Nut & Bolt check of all suspension components. How about checking on open recalls and campaigns ( like the passenger side air bag recall )

I could go on, I like you post, because it makes a good point. At the same time, I'd like all owners to be well informed and be able to compare apples to apples vs apples to oranges.

Make sure that what one is quoting you is the same as the other.

Steve

S

10. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    strange thread

FerrFan101 likes this.
  11. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    My service manager said it would cost the same as my 430. That runs about $1500 and $2500 on alternating years.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

SAFE4NOW and Magnus Kanerfalk like this.
  12. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Another perk from my dealership, Ferrari of Tampa, is that if you have purchased the car from them they will pick it up and deliver in a covered trailer anywhere in the state for no extra charge.

Caeruleus11 and SAFE4NOW like this.
  13. Phillychoi

Phillychoi Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 4, 2020
    Lansdale, PA
    That's good to know, Steve. I will definitely contact my local Ferrari dealership and compare. I haven't thought the annual service cost from a dealer is that cheap. My Mclaren 570s annual service was close to $2k and it didn't even include brake flush.:rolleyes:

Magnus Kanerfalk and SAFE4NOW like this.
  14. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Agreed, our door rate for an actual 12 hour annual service runs close to $2,500.0 as well, FCA and Ferrari Chat members pay closer to $1,850.00
    But that's all the fluids, all the filters, wipers, and 2+ pages of checks, adjustments, updates, treating body seals, etc.

Steve

15. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    I've wanted to offer that as well, just need to get the set up to do it, though a lot of our clients come from out of State which wouldn't make it finically prudent.
    The other group of clients are so close that I can send a valet team to get it, service it, and return it same day. ( that we do for no charge )

A lot of value in that offer!

Steve

Magnus Kanerfalk, ScottS and vraa like this.
  16. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Yeah, but then you don’t have the “pleasure” of having this in front of your house, blocking the road, and pissing off your neighbors! :D

Image Unavailable, Please Login

spyderman, Makuono, Elasto and 4 others like this.
  17. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    It’s the little things. Having the guy at FCF pick up the cars and drop off saves me time. But off course then I’m not hanging out in the showroom seeing friends .......

Thanks for the info and completeness. It’s great having you here.

ScottS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  18. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    How long has this $1850 annual service special for FChat members been going on, or expected to last? Do you have any other FChat discount for services done there?

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  19. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    We have different specials each month, you need to let my advisors or myself know you are an FCA Member ( provide your member # ) or a Ferrari Chat member ( provide your screen name ) when you are setting the appointment, so that we may load in the details in advance, that way your quotes are accurate.

PM me if you have additional questions, I am happy to help.

Steve

otakki likes this.
  20. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    My last free is the next one, My indie shop is a good friend but thinking I will stay with the dealership, Because these newer Ferrari’s are in need of
    all the info available to certified tech’s

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  21. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    search for my ff post with my service history since new 2012 if u care
    7 year is really just oil changes...

22. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Is it? That would be the 1st I've ever heard of that.

S

23. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    yeh, what does it cover?

24. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name: