430 - What was the solution about exhaust back brackets/mounts? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

430 What was the solution about exhaust back brackets/mounts?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Themaven, Nov 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    Not sure if called out yet but the Ferrari sports exhaust (Tubi) has a rubber hanger system. So swapping to that should be an improvement.

I have the stock exhaust and followed the recommendation in post #5.

2. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    When the lower brackets crack/fail the exhaust does not sag at all. The 360 does not have these brackets and has a heavier system than the 430 and has way less header issues. If you really want to destroy your headers, weld those cracked brackets up good and strong. If not, bin them.

3. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Mine is an 05 and it has the mk2 manifolds fitted as a recall under a previous owner. Everything else is standard.

I’m getting convinced by the Capristo spring loaded. It’s a good point that doing nothing is a choice. I like the sound of the exhaust as it is so would be reluctant to get a new exhaust.

4. SingleClutch

SingleClutch Karting

Apr 19, 2019
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kris
    He purchased the car almost two years ago, and I believe the dealer had replaced (upgraded) the manifolds, but I’m not certain if that. No idea about the brackets. It is what it is though - he’s definitely replacing the motor.

Fly fast and take chances

5. Danedingerson

Danedingerson Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 26, 2011
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Dane
    Does anyone know of an owner having an issue caused by leaving the brackets off? My dealer says no, but that is because Ferrari never properly looked into researching that issue. They don't suggest Capristos either, just factory brackets. I have the factory warranty on my 2007
    , so am limited about changes.