Deaugostini ( Centauria ) Ferrari 312T4 | FerrariChat

Deaugostini ( Centauria ) Ferrari 312T4

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by spirot, Mar 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Hey all,
    Any of you guys have the Deaugostini - Centauria 312T4? I just bought the entire kit, and it came yesterday. so I was looking at the build instructions and parts - So far I'm impressed, it looks well done .. its plastic and metal, and you need some glue as well.... looking forward to doing this model. I like that it gives you options for the race you want to model it in- I'll be doing the USGP as I was there that day Villeneuve won. it even has rain tires! Love it.

If interested I'll post pics along the way.

Jimincov and gt4me like this.
  2. Baracus250GT

Baracus250GT Karting

Sep 14, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Interested! Please do post progress shots. Absolutely love the 312T4. I got an Exoto 1/18th of it (Jody’s one!).

I have the 1/8th scale F40 Competizione monthly subscription thing (not Centauria, can’t remember the maker now but probably sharing manufacturer somewhere down the line!). Didn’t really start making it yet. Deliveries have kind of stopped since the pandemic!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. David C

David C Karting

Jul 29, 2014
    Do yourself a favor and open up the bodywork issue; if you are satisfied with the tooling and paint quality then you have a nice model to build. I found the decal and paint quality to be lacking, the body tooling uneven and wavy.

4. Baracus250GT

Baracus250GT Karting

Sep 14, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Not much exterior stuff has arrived yet but definitely will inspect it when I get anything like that. Thanks!

Found a great step-by-step guide on some forum where this guy is improving and customising every stage of the build that I’m going to try and follow (as much as my skills allow) when I finally make a start :)

Strangely, I got billed months ago for the next batch of 4 issues (after they resumed from the notified “pause” earlier last year) but nothing has arrived.

5. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Some pics of the build so far Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

The Wheels are the hardest to do in any model I've worked on the rubber is very hard... but otherwise its been good. The Suspension is PITA as the screws don't seat that well, so you have to use a lot of force and some heat to get them to seat, but there is still some play in them.
    Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

rei24 likes this.
  6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    What scale is it, Tom? I'm satisfied with the 1/18 Exoto built-up of Villeneuve's winning car at Long Beach (a race that I attended).

7. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    1/8th scale.

8. Baracus250GT

Baracus250GT Karting

Sep 14, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Looking good so far! Love the handwriting on the tyres. Shame about the alignment and precision of suspension as you wrote. Sure it won’t be noticeable in the end (or you could call it “race sustained damage” replication. It is Villeneuve after all :) )

9. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Sadly I finished the model with out taking a bunch of pictures. I was working late at night, so just forgot to keep taking pics. I'll post some of the finished model, its very nice, and pretty accurate.

10. Baracus250GT

Baracus250GT Karting

Sep 14, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Haha cool. “Man on a Mission” :)