Blue factory interior leather color? | FerrariChat

Blue factory interior leather color?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by rhern213, Mar 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    I didn't notice until I received my 550 that the supposed black sections of the interior are actually a shade of dark blue. It covers all the non-beige leather sections, full dash, steering wheel, door panels, everything.

Does anyone know if this looks like a legitimate custom factory option? Perhaps it was ordered to match the TDF Blue exterior? Or is this actually just a standard color shade used?

I tried looking up the codes from the leather maker on the back of one of the panels but couldn't find anything.

BTW, not complaining about it, I think it's really cool, was just questioning out of curiosity.

Thanks! Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

F456M likes this.
  2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Yup, dark blue was an option for the dash, upper panels, and steering wheel, called Blu Scuro, Connolly 3282. We would call it navy blue.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. wbklink

wbklink F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Bill Karp
    #3 wbklink, Mar 5, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    When I first got my car won $100 bet with my son he said black i said blue...I just remembered he never paid :)

Nicolas21 and 308 GTB like this.
  4. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    @tazandjan Great to know, thank you!

@wbklink Never too late, I say you order a nice bottle of wine at the next dinner and surprise him!

Themaven likes this.
  5. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Like Taz says, Blu Scuro it is. My dash and steering wheel are in Blu Scuro

rhern213 likes this.
  6. niftyfivefifty

niftyfivefifty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 5, 2007
    PacNW
    I have a Blue Scuro interior too! It reminds me of my first car, a blue 1983 Camry with full blue interior, and the dash was also Navy.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    That Grigio and Scuro mix is really nice, Nifty. Very tasteful. Is the seat piping in Blu Scuro as well? The photo almost makes it all look like a light and dark grey but if the dark is Blu Scuro, that would be a slick spec.

rhern213 likes this.
  8. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
  9. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Very nice fellas!
    It makes me think of the rarity of 550’s in general but then throwing in these kinds of options makes them pretty great.
    Using @niftyfivefifty as an example, that Grigio on blu scuro/gray has to be as close to one of a kind as you can get.

10. NE550

NE550 Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Although the number of options available on Maranellos wasn't anywhere near what Ferrari offers today, given what options were available plus all the possible combinations of exterior and interior colors, trim and such, there are more than a few "one of one" cars out there.

rhern213 likes this.
  11. niftyfivefifty

niftyfivefifty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 5, 2007
    PacNW
    Yes I thought it was three shades of grey from the ad photos before I saw it in person, but up close the blu scuro steering wheel gives it away. I think if the rest of the interior were another light color like tan then the blu scuro would stand out more. But with the light grey lower areas and seats and the dark grey dash, the blu scuro really takes on a different illusion. For some strange reason I love grey leather and my wife says the car and I are a perfect match. Yes, that is blu scuro piping on the seats, and the carbon really makes it fun. I still cannot believe I found this car.

You may be right, I have yet to see another one like it. It seems very few were optioned with grey interiors. If I had one wish it would be to find a set of carbon sport seats. However, I have grown to love the Daytonas. They are really comfortable, especially on extended 6+ hour drives.

F456M likes this.
  12. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    For my personal taste I much prefer the Daytonas you have over the carbon race seats. In general unless it's a more sporty race designed car I prefer the standard bucket style. I didn't know about Daytona seats until after I got the car, it's the only other option I wish now my car had.

niftyfivefifty likes this.
  13. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    The good news is that the Non-Daytona 550 seat design is still appealing and does not look like a base offering, unlike almost every other subsequent V12 and V8.

I suspect the base seats took a serious drop down as Ferrari options - and corporate margins derived from those options - proliferated. Makes sense to offer a hideous base option if you want people to spend more. As many said, the 550 had more options than previous Ferrari, but I’d round the five options (or whatever the number was) down to zero in comparison to the 800 they dangle out nowadays. They certainly embody a time when Ferrari flagships showcased their ultimate expression of design and materials in one complete package from the factory.

14. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Yeah that's the reason I'm not really caring so much about upgrading them, just for the different inserts paying a bundle for that is not worth it to me. I'll probably only consider it if the seats are ever actually torn and need to be redone.

15. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik

What is the difference between «Modena leather luggage set» and «Interior matching luggage set»?

16. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Erik- Likely none, just one wanted to highlight that they were available in your choice of colors.