430 - Removing f430 small side engine panel cover with fuel flap release | FerrariChat

430 Removing f430 small side engine panel cover with fuel flap release

Discussion in '360/430' started by craze, Mar 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    If i want to change my side panels to carbon or remove to perform maintenance, when standing at rear the lhs small panel has a pull release for fuel flap
    How do i get this panel off? Thanks

2. phil the brit

phil the brit Formula 3

Jul 7, 2013
    Colchester+Clermont
    Full Name:
    Phil Taylor
    Held in by 5 allen bolts. Also a clip goes through handle, pull it out and remove circlip at base.

cpep likes this.
  3. cpep

cpep Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    new york
    Full Name:
    CHARLIE
    After you pull the staple out of the handle and remove the panel, clamp a small vice grip or zip tie to it so it doesn't disappear into the fender. I had mine go pretty far in one time.

4. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Thank you
    The problem is i dont know how to not make the cable disappear once removing the pull knob and clip??
    How does one get it back through the hole??

5. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    When I changed a tail light bulb, I tied a small 22ga rigid wire around the cable and used it to pull the cable through the hole after the panel was put on.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

craze likes this.
  6. AandSC

AandSC Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 12, 2016
    Jax, FL
    Full Name:
    Allen
    The cable is long and stiff enough that you shouldn’t have any issue feeding it through the cover hole and it staying there while you put the cover screws on. I haven’t bothered putting the T-handle back on due to the clip being a PITA and my cable still sticks through the hole. That was almost a year and 1K miles ago.

craze likes this.
  7. Gillis Haasnoot

Gillis Haasnoot Karting

Feb 4, 2020
    Leiden, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Gillis Haasnoot
    Guiding the cable through the hole before assembly is easy.
    But I struggled for more than an hour getting that damn U shaped clip inserted back. It just didn't want to get in.
    The trick is to pull the wire as far as possible. Keep pulling the wire with a very thin plier. Then slide the cable inside the t-thaped bar. It need to go deep. Only then the clip slides in.

8. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    So would i have to remove larger side engine cover to feed it back in? Was wondering if i can just remove that one small panel as a few bolts for carbon grill are loose
    Thank you

9. Gillis Haasnoot

Gillis Haasnoot Karting

Feb 4, 2020
    Leiden, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Gillis Haasnoot
    No you don't need to remove the large side cover. Just the small one. Wiggle it diagonal and you can move it out.