812 or F8? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

812 or F8?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by kauf, Feb 22, 2021.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    I agree with Scott and others impressions. Get out and drive them both. I wanted to like the front engined V12. These are the classic Ferraris. After previously only having rear mid engined or rear engined cars, I could never come to grips with the driving dynamics of the F12. It was very powerful. Very comfortable. Great sound. But I could never get comfortable driving it in a spirited fashion. I also tend to like the lines of mid engined cars. Just my opinion. Now Scott has gone and messed everything up by telling me how great the 812 is. I love the lines of the car. I am going to have to go and try one on!!! :mad: YMMV

2. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I am new to mid engine cars
    Can someone please elaborate more on mid engine car dynamics as opposed to f12??
    I thought the car weight was what made it?
    Currently have an f430 and 2 m5 which i adore

3. gw32

gw32 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2017
    Sonoma, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I haven't driven a front engined Ferrari so the following is a generalization for all cars. Front engined cars, due to their front weight bias, will be more prone to understeer or push. Mid engined cars will be more neutral and, without tried to get too technical will rotate quicker due to more centralized mass. Mid-engine cars should feel more dynamic or responsive (again, a generalization). Both cars can be prone to power induced oversteer. The F12 weights a little more than a F430 but probably not enough to feel unless your on a race track. Hope that helps.

craze likes this.
  4. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Did Dr. Debakey really have this quote ? "Are you stupid or just don't give a d@mn?" That seems like watered down already.

5. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    It’s legit. One of his classics.

IloveGT likes this.
  6. Doc_Dent

Doc_Dent Karting

Mar 2, 2015
    I would go for the 812SF in a heart beat.
    Personally, every Ferrari I "owned/still own" "was/is" a V12 so my answer may be biased.
    However, keep in mind that the 812 might be the Last NA V12 specially after the FAAAAST pace of "downsizing engines" thing + EV + CO2 emissions regulations going on,
    if so,
    that would be in your favour I guess.
    Good luck either way U go,,,