Ferrari 355 Ashtray Emblem | FerrariChat

Ferrari 355 Ashtray Emblem

Discussion in '348/355' started by POLO35, Mar 6, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. POLO35

POLO35 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2005
    Treasure Coast Florida
    Full Name:
    MATT
    #1 POLO35, Mar 6, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    What's wondering if anybody knows a source for the Ferrari 355 ashtray emblem? There doesn't appear to be a separate part number only the entire ashtray. Or perhaps someone may have one for sale? Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    try Robbie at Sticky No More, he has refurbished hundreds of these, he may have a spare one or two

285ferrari likes this.
  3. POLO35

POLO35 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2005
    Treasure Coast Florida
    Full Name:
    MATT
    Oh wow....awesome idea...thanks.

4. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Part # 064460400

5. POLO35

POLO35 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2005
    Treasure Coast Florida
    Full Name:
    MATT
    Dang.... Impressive you came up with a part number! I tried all the usual parts places and no luck.... in fact that # doesn't even come up but thank you.. I found one on eBay used which actually includes the ashtray lid only for 100 bucks, Plan on trying sticky no more on Monday

6. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I got it from a knowledgeable friend. Do yourself a favor and contact Dave at StickyRX. Trust me. He refinished all the parts on my 355 and they are perfect (I never compromise a thing with my cars). StickyRX is without question the best option.

Mike Morrissey likes this.
  7. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    but he is not looking to refinish his part he is looking for a spare emblem for the ashtray lid. Robbie a SNM is a sponsor of this site and had gone above and beyond offering all his surplus parts to members here at great prices.

PhilB and 285ferrari like this.
  8. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    He didn’t specify why. One could easily conclude that the part he bought needs refinishing. I impart my knowledge and advise on this forum from first hand experience. I do it so others can better enjoy this shared passion we all have. As do you. What people choose to do with it is there business.

9. POLO35

POLO35 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2005
    Treasure Coast Florida
    Full Name:
    MATT
    Thank you all for the excellent advice! Just to put it to rest, I want one to install on my 348 ashtray because I think it looks really cool. So I am either searching for a new or used one...it doesn't matter. I have a spare ashtray to put back to original if I ever sell.

Rossocorsa1 likes this.
  10. POLO35

POLO35 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2005
    Treasure Coast Florida
    Full Name:
    MATT
    BTW..... That is a valid part number just drop the 0 in front and they are available!

Rossocorsa1 likes this.
  11. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

Sounds good. Enjoy.

12. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    I have used and brand new ones - Send me an email

13. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

cold water alert :

Don't install these on a 348 ashtray. The 348 ashtray is basically an NLA/obsolete item that will only become more and more expensive over time. Drilling into the lid to install these flags seems (to me) an unwise decision.

14. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I know very little about 348’s, but if they didn’t come with these flag emblems, then I totally agree. Keep it stock. The value of these cars is that they are Ferrari’s, not once were Ferrari’s but now a little of Tom, Dick and Harry thrown-in. The way they left the factory is the way they should be.

15. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Correct, the 348 did not have a flag logo on the ashtray. It is just plain black.

16. POLO35

POLO35 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2005
    Treasure Coast Florida
    Full Name:
    MATT
    I totally agree with you guys, sometimes things are just left better stock! But I find it so funny when people, for example, paint their target top the body color or lower the car or put ridiculous looking wheels or ridiculous looking steering wheels, seats etc etc etc.....I'm talking about a little tiny double flag emblem a few mm in size!!!! Anyway I decided I am going to just cut the studs off the emblem and put too little tiny dollops of silicone to adhere it that way there's no damage to the ashtray and it can be easily removed.... I just think it looks cool!

275GTB likes this.
  17. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Enjoy your car

18. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    I have a few used ones here with the studs already broke off the back if you need one

19. POLO35

POLO35 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2005
    Treasure Coast Florida
    Full Name:
    MATT
    Sweet....email sent.

285ferrari likes this.