Lovin the F8 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Lovin the F8

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by MalibuGuy, Mar 7, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MotorMouth

MotorMouth Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    LaF. Just lose the hybrid front electric.

2. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I agree he panicked, but the TC engages immediately after any traction tire loses grip. My GT2 is 12-13 years older than this car and, as you well know, has a rear engine, you can't possibly have a more imbalanced car than this one and it has corrected before I even noticed any loss of traction.

3. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Ooh that would be a dream car. And sell first to F8 and 812 owners???

4. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    La F is not better looking than either one, my opinion...

rossodino likes this.
  5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I think the 812 is still very accessible. It’s not as twitchy in reputation as the f12 was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Napoli and GT2goneF like this.
  6. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The F8 can be squirrelly upon launch, especially with the Pirelli P Zeros.

dustman likes this.
  7. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Of all modern Ferraris, the LA Ferrari is the most eye catching and special looking. It exudes hyper carism.

8. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    Yeah, trashes the OP and his beloved car and then pivots to a threadjack about himself and a car that interests him. And, for the coup de gras, fortifies his position on the mesmerizing opinions of youtubers.

(Ng, there's still time to apologize and amend your posts)

Chizz and Dicecal like this.
  9. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Hah, not even close.
    A Lusso can do that in WET if you floor it off the line. The 812 demands respect in all circumstances.

Looking at the video I'd say he was in Sport. It was cold and he may not even have been wearing his winter boots.
    An 812 in the cold on PZ4 will snap in any of the settings if you floor it.

sisiay, GT2goneF, wthensler and 2 others like this.
  10. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    ^^^ 100% this!

Add in some hard, high aggregate content, UK tarmac and you have slipfest galore!

11. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    We call that hitting’ the power band, lol.

TC be damned, the first time to goose an 812 is not in a busy public place with tight quarters on cold rubber. Even the 458 gives a bit of a shake, as does the F8.......sheesh, I can only imagine doing it in an 812.

Cold pavement? Another freshman error. You know those TPMS readings on the display? There for a purpose, use them.

12. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Odd how a thread started about the poster loving his F8 to abruptly turn to how wonderful the 812 is.

Boomhauer, xBox and GT2goneF like this.
  13. jackal2513

jackal2513 Karting

Oct 17, 2005
    *****cat compared to an F12 imo ... has lost its wild edge

14. Ngcanada

Ngcanada Formula Junior

May 16, 2016
    Ottawa Canada
    Holy smokes, I am sorry to offend the crowd here. I was just agreeing with the OP first post that he would love and gravitate towards the 812 some day. I did not mean to upset and hijack the thread. I have my personal opinions of the F8 which I have voiced on other threads and are merely my humble opinions. I know I do not have the personal experience of having many Ferrari vehicles in my history, in fact only one prior to the 812, and I guess I should have chosen another means or thread to voice that again.
    To the OP, my apologizes, I love the F8 for how it is stunning in the looks department and it is an exceptional technology advanced car.
    Napoli and the other veterans of the forum, sorry. Now lets move on and enjoy these marvelous cars, all of them, and I mean all Ferrari's as they were all our childhood dreams and have become attainable for the fortunate few!!

15. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    All good. :cool:

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  16. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I guess I can agree with that, but it isn't necessarily the best looking.

17. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    LOL... at least we are still talking about Ferraris. Let me be the first to throw it off. How's your 765LT treating you?

18. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    No need to worry... I can agree that you were a little close to the foul line but we can (sometimes agree to disagree) and take opinions pretty well. However, nothing to lose sleep over. Enjoy your 812, it is a beautiful beast and I like it just as much as my F8, but in a different way; just like you would feel with your own children. Love them as much but differently. The 812 would be my next go to, if ever.

19. john a barnes

john a barnes Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2018
    muskego wi
    Full Name:
    John a Barnes
    Why do all these You Tube Videos always have weird Asian electronic background music? What exactly is the deal with it.

Napoli likes this.
  20. 360superveloce

Jun 17, 2012
  21. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    Lol! All of them insist on playing sonic garbage - “supercar dance muzak.” Annoying AF. Just record the engine sound for videos. And stop all that unnecessary babbling.

Chizz and GT2goneF like this.
  22. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    What’s your Ferrari?

23. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    I looked closely and paused a few times, looks to be TCS off at the very least but possibly also CT Off towards the end. You can also hear the revs spike (more then acceleration would) just before back end starts to come out, which would indicate no traction control systems. All of which on likely cold tyres. He also way overreacted with the sensitive steering rack

MotorMouth and GT2goneF like this.
  24. vonbeeler

vonbeeler Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The design continues to grow on you?
    Wow first time I saw it I thought it’s was absolutely beautiful!
    I own a 488 spider and it’s epic.
    Would love to get into an F8 but I am blessed enough to have also acquired an 812 to go alongside the 488 so the F8 is out of budget. Both cars are so special in their own regard. Congrats to the OP. F8 is a dream car.
    Regarding the 812 crash vid the car demands serious respect. I’ve never even put it in race mode. Just in sport you can feel it move around under acceleration struggling.
    You better always make sure the tires are up to temp and gradually apply throttle in first three gears. Once in fourth its pretty hooked up but by then your going to need to be firmly on the brakes to keep your license.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

GT2goneF and Chizz like this.
  25. haynF8

haynF8 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    This blue is just amazing; glad I ordered it! :)

Chizz and Napoli like this.