Quick Jack Lift | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Quick Jack Lift

Discussion in '360/430' started by whatheheck, May 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fotostars

fotostars Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Bay Area
    I was thinking about rigging something like this... would you mind sharing your wiring diagram?
    Merci!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. eric355

eric355 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2005
    Toulouse (France)
    Full Name:
    Eric DECOUX
    fotostars likes this.
  3. Gcsdave

Gcsdave Karting

Mar 30, 2011
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dave
    whatheheck likes this.
  4. tonyswfla

tonyswfla Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 2, 2007
    Florida
    quickjack sale until march 12

150$ off

whatheheck likes this.
  5. fotostars

fotostars Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Bay Area
    FYI. Mine are going on 7 years of age. One of the cylinder wasn't going all the way up.
    I opened them to replace the seals. QuickJack wouldn't sell a rebuild kit but only brand new cylinders !!
    Brought them to my local "hydraulic repair guys". They put a kit together for me and I was able to replace all the rubber seals, o-ring, etc,...
    I did both cylinders and I have a brand new system again!

whatheheck likes this.
  6. tonyswfla

tonyswfla Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 2, 2007
    Florida
    just got this offer------
    Get $250 off your purchase of any new QuickJack BL-5000SLX or BL-7000SLX model today! Enter promo code SUMMER at checkout on QuickJack.com. Ends 8/31/2021.

whatheheck and Qavion like this.
  7. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    #232 Sj_engr, Jul 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    Home depot is coming up today @ $1470 for the BL-7000SLX bundle which I got for $1399 during black Friday.
    Quickjack webpage seems overprice since above combo (w coupon) is showing $1678

On hd the 5000SLX combo is almost as good as the $1k back in the day Coscto deal. (if you value the blocks/wall hooks)

whatheheck likes this.
  8. syata

syata Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2017
    What QJ model do I need to get, the 5000 or 7000? I will be using on a F430 and Mondial 3.2 cab.

Thanks.

Sent from my HD1925 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    I got the higher capacity, like others posted, to use on SUV also.

10. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    Just picked up the 7000SLX from Home Depot. Came with the wall hangers and truck/SUV kit as well. Box for the accessory pack was kinda jacked up....torn, re-taped, etc. Opened it up and one of the pedestal kits (round puck, extension, square puck) was missing. Pretty sure it is rolling around in the back of some Fed Ex truck somewhere. Anyway, called QJ and they said they don't have any of the individual parts available so they are sending out a complete accessory kit (all 12 pc) and I can keep all the extras.

11. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Franklin Park, New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    Holy cow, that is so awesome. I wish I knew what you were doing so I could so it. I don't even know where to begin with this.

12. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    This is really intriguing. Seems like a really great idea

13. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    #238 Sj_engr, Aug 8, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
    Looks like the handheld wired remote of the quickjack supplies 24v to a transformer. The transformer runs the motor in one of two directions using the 220v from the wall. So you instead splice into that cord and add a RF receiver to tell the 24v transformer the same thing.

Using something such as: https://www.amazon.com/Solidremote-12V-Universal-2-Channel-Transmitters/dp/B01JGDV8UM

Wire the 24v to the C (common on each of the two relays) then on the NO (normally open) you place 1 relay for up direction and relay 2 direction for down.

NOTE: You would want a remote that already has a mode to set where both relays are not possible to activate at the same time.

colorfull likes this.
  14. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    #239 Sj_engr, Aug 8, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
    You can power the Rx receiver with a wall wart if you get a 12v ver. Looks in the example 24v tolerant Rx receiver is used and that ground is not included in the wired remote and you instead grab that from the other side of the up/down coils. Guessing you remove the wired up/down button setup and install the Rx box close to the quick jack motor.

colorfull likes this.
  15. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    colorfull likes this.
  16. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    For a person who hates the F430..and their Ferrari ....you sure are decked out in it.

17. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    Yeah well, I made lemonade out of lemons. Externally it looks like a run-of-the-mill 430 (except for the Scud Ing DRLs and rear lighting upgrades and side makers). Internally however it's a much better car than Ferrari built originally. Fabspeed headers, Anti-Gravity battery, Michelin PS4 tires (I would have gotten the Super Sports but they don't come in the requisite sizes). Installing F1 system upgrades (F1 block with a heat shield from an '08, new accumulator, flushing and refilling with Liqui Moly) and draining the brake fluid and refilling with Motul. A replacement for the Becker radio that includes a backup camera, and the hidden KD-40 radar detector /laser detector/disruptor.

This was a case of a dream crashing into reality. Ferrari has done an excellent job selling their brand. Not so much in correcting their mistakes.

But, we continue to march.

And the photos? I took all of them covering ALMS/IMSA and Le Mans. They were mounted in my initial flush of enthusiasm.

18. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    Yeah....go buy the vette....Ferrari sucks and you made it better.:rolleyes:

19. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    Yes, I did make it better.

And the C8 Z06 is off the list. Wait time too long. I decided on the 2022 Porsche GT3 in Shark Blue. They only require a $2,000 deposit and their "market adjustment" is only $10,000 so I'm looking at about $170,000 the way I configured it.

But thanks for following, I love making friends in the 0.01% of Americans.

Ray

20. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    There was a stunning blue GT3 at cars n coffee in San Jose this weekend. I wonder if that was "shark blue".....

All the .01% were super nice at the event.

21. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    If it was a 992, then I'm going to guess shark blue. Seems to me that most of them are shark blue, for whatever reason!!!

Kevin

22. sierra055

sierra055 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2016
    Melbourne, AU
    Full Name:
    Marshall
    Hi everyone, I recently bought a 7000ext quickjack as I need to be able to lift my Audi SQ7 for tyre swaps as well as usual works on my 360. I measured it all up prior and it does fit with about 4" to spare between the wheels, however my car is just a tad too low to fit the larger blocks in the trays and slide under. The lowe blocks don's seem to clear the tray enough to warrant their use.
    Just wondering if this is the same for those who have the 5000 and if so, do you jack the car up a little first to get the blocks under so the undertray can be removed? Is there a better method?

Cheers

23. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    I'm in the same boat with my F430 as it is lowered 20mm

The front ones look close like the jack will hit the car, but do clear the car after making contact with the undercarriage

The rears I put hockey picks on top of the small blocks (slide the jack with small Jacks under then add the puck)

24. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    For clarification

The rears I put hockey pucks on top of the small blocks (slide the jack with small blocks under, put the puck in the hole, pull the jack back under the puck)

Bit of finagling, but once it's set, the Quickjacks work great!

25. sierra055

sierra055 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2016
    Melbourne, AU
    Full Name:
    Marshall
    Thanks. As far as I'm aware, my car is standard height but the 7000EXT is 15mm taller than the 5000 version. My situation is just as you say, plenty of clearance at the rear and the tall block is about 10mm too tall, so a puck on the small block may very well work. But the rake of the car means the front clears the sill by about 5mm. Will need to check again to see whether that's enough to clear the small block at the front.

colorfull likes this.