F8 - Upgrade the S-Duct standard full ugly plastic | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F8 Upgrade the S-Duct standard full ugly plastic

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by MalibuGuy, Feb 6, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Any body shop can prep and paint that piece to any colour you want. It does require some special primers and adhesion promoters but nothing any competent auto repair place can't do.

MANDALAY and GT2goneF like this.
  2. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    True, but self induced.

xBox likes this.
  3. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

The other part of the S-Duct that runs into the bumper. Not the part attached to the bonnet.

4. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Got it. As you can see, I have yet to spend enough time inspecting the car to know what exactly you were referring to. Will look for it and see what can/will be done about it.

Will let you know.

Thanks again for information

Sent from my BLA-A09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

MANDALAY likes this.
  5. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Today the Ferrari S Duct Carbon upgrade kit arrived.

I removed the hood scoop and installed the carbon version. For me this is a really noticeable upgrade. I have the front bumper carbon fiber insert so this matches so much better than the standard dull "plastic water bucket " look by Design Stilo.

The second part of the kit is to change the drip tray around the Frunk Hopefully it will be straightforward. (Ive fiddled with Ferrari drip trays before in my Cali and my 458. Image Unavailable, Please Login

MANDALAY, RoadRonin and GT2goneF like this.
  6. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Is the drip tray a part of the S-Duct in the bumper ? You gonna change all the trays ?

7. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    The front drip tray in the upgrade kit only has carbon in the lower part of the SDuct.
    So for me, no point changing all the trays to carbon. I changed out the original for the carbon kit tonight. It was a little bit of challenge since I didn't have instructions.

But I got it done and everything fits amd works.

(So if anyone wants to buy a very lightly used OEM standard plastic S-Duct and front drip tray ....)

8. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    So in the diagram you also got part 1 in carbon. Its only if you open up the bonnet do you see the plastic trays. Changing all of them is like another 12 grand

Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Ferrari S Duct in carbon aftermarket update is literally just the duct which has a bonnet section and a second drip tray section which descends into the drip tray. But the rest of the drip tray is still standard plastic. (The kit costs about $4500 USD. If I had ordered at the build option it would have costed less around $2,400.)

I guess if one wants all the drip trays in carbon you probably get the Duct in carbon as well. Don't know about the cost and details of that option as I was never interested