Cadillac Blackwing | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Cadillac Blackwing

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by sainthoo, Jan 31, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
  2. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    Think of the Blackwing as the new V and the V as the V-sport. In BMW talk, Blackwing = M & V = M-sport.

The Blackwing is going to be a monster. Definitely want to drive one.

ForzaV12 and Boomhauer like this.
  3. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I’m going to pass on my allocation (1/250)- I’ve never tried to flip a car, but if someone wants it, let me know ASAP. Order is due in a few days.

4. Scott Holliday

Aug 28, 2020
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Scott Holliday
    I have owned both the '16 CTS-V and the '20 CT6-V Blackwing. The '20 CT6-V is not a monster. The CT6-V is a very different vehicle. After waiting 7 weeks for a replacement of one of the fuel pumps I sold it back to GM. Don't get me wrong it is a very nice vehicle, but not what I expected.

5. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Fedcoin is a bit off the rails here. Permanent thread ban, 1 day site ban and I'm deleting his off topic posts.

sainthoo and BJK like this.
  6. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I love this, but for the life of me the naming convention - why change it??

7. DrewH

DrewH F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Bought a new one in 1993. I thought it was a really nice car.

8. CSX55

CSX55 Rookie

Mar 30, 2021
    Tucson, AZ
    Current 2nd gen CTS-V owner here, chose the older body style over the 2016+ for one simple reason - Tremec TR-6060 6-speed manual.

Despite having sworn never to sell it, believing it would be the last American sedan ever made with a manual, the CT5-V Blackwing has me understandably rethinking that position. I'll have to wait until I see one in person, but at least in photos, the Blackwing just doesn't have the muscular lines that the CTS-Vs did. Hard to argue with 668 HP though.

But truthfully this time, I really do think this will be the last hurrah for a performance sedan with a manual - domestic or otherwise.

NYC Fred, sainthoo and jm2 like this.
  9. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    Did anyone decide to pick one of these up? Curious how people are liking them.

10. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    I got the new Escalade V, if that counts.

Meh, too big.

The engine though is nice to listen to , Corvette/American muscle in a massive truck :cool:

jm2 likes this.
  11. ElastomerGuy

ElastomerGuy Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2007
    N.W. PA
    Despite stating that I would wait till the hoopla died down as stated in an earlier post, I did put the $1000 down on the February, 2021 introduction date. Received the car in August, 2021 and am definitely not disappointed. Build quality is excellent, sound is intoxicating and handling is out of this world. Even my wife would rather drive the Blackwing than her Mercedes S65 Cabriolet. On the Blackwing, Cadillac has this magnetorheologic suspension system that I find better than the Maybach, Mercedes S class and BMW M760i systems I’ve driven. Ride is softer but handling outstanding, even with the low profile tires that come on the car.
    So, the car is excellent. You won’t be disappointed should you pull the trigger on one. That being said, if you visit the Cadillac VNet forum, you can find out more about the car and issues There have been constraint issues especially with the carbon fiber bits. In addition, Cadillac does a really poor job of updating where you stand in the ordering, allocation and build process. Then, once the car is built, there have been reports of cars sitting for months waiting for transport to the dealer. Some dealers have not been candid about whether they have an allocation or not. The dealer can take an order and deposit but if they don’t have an allocation for a Blackwing, you’ll never get a car. So, beware of that issue. Car is great once you get it.

jm2 likes this.
  12. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    Sounds like normal dealer BS. My 2022 Camaro ZL1-1LE sat in Lansing, MI for over 5 months before being transported to the dealer. The dealer felt so bad, he gave me a $1,000 off when I came to pick it up. The best way to know where your car is is to find a friendly dealer who has access to the vin search function. A Cadillac dealer was helping on Camaro6.com for a while which helped many of us stay in the game during our wait.

13. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I know this motor from the camoro, one of the worlds greats, power everywhere all revs.

The only question I have is over 100k for Gm build. I'm sure its the best cadillac interior ever, but still 9/10ths.
    Whats the proposition for this over a M5.
    Motor rwd and stick.

14. rmolke85

rmolke85 Formula Junior

Mar 11, 2013
    I have a CT4 Blackwing because I hate large sedans and it’s better than any M3 I’ve driven by miles. Actually it’s worthy of an instant classic moniker right up there with an E39 M5. It’s that good.

15. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
  16. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    kylec and Face76 like this.
  17. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    Plus the CT5 Blackwing is $20K less than the M5, MSRP to MSRP

18. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    #43 boxerman, Feb 14, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2023
    Better driving car for less money then.

19. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    To bad it’s extremely difficult to get an allocation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    Picking up a new CT5-V Blackwing tomorrow :) we'll see how she does, as a daily driver ...

Boomhauer, jm2, white out and 3 others like this.
  21. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    A friend of mine recently took delivery of one, very impressive car.

Congratulations.

Boomhauer and werewolf like this.
  22. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    Just got the car ... looks GREAT, sounds GREAT, haven't driven much yet. Clutch is heavily "spring-loaded" ... really wants to help/encourage you to disengage :)

Ak Jim, JV's89 and Boomhauer like this.
  23. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    Looking forward to some pictures.