360 experts I have a weird hazard (electrical) issue help please | Page 3 | FerrariChat

360 experts I have a weird hazard (electrical) issue help please

Discussion in '360/430' started by LP360, Feb 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rotaryrocket7

rotaryrocket7 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2011
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I had a similar issue when i bought my 360, turn lights not working. Turned out to be pinched wire from when the bumper was reinstalled while work was done at the dealer.

Qavion likes this.
  2. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Can you recall if both sides were not working, even using hazards?

3. rotaryrocket7

rotaryrocket7 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2011
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Pretty sure it was both sides - memory (this is 5 years ago so a bit questionable) says that they are wired together, so if one goes the other does as well.

4. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    It would depend on your definition of "goes" and "wired together". A short circuit or open circuit on one side should only affect one side during turn indication operation (power is only sent to one side at a time). If the flash "relay" outputs were wired together, both sides would flash even during a turn. The turn indication on instrument panel is wired to both sides, but there must be diodes in the circuit to stop the sides interfering with each other.

5. LP360

LP360 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 12, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Update:

All fixed! I was rushing around yesterday when I got the phone call about the issue so I'll try remember what they said lol..

It was something to do with the permanent 12v wire, it was either fatigued or fraid. I'm sure they mentioned it was dropping voltage or had too much resistance when the hazards were activated and resulted in nothing working. My indy soldered in a new wire and all working 100%!

Hope this helps anyone in the future if suffering similar issues and thanks to all who helped in this thread!

I'll get a better understanding when I collect the car and report back

Sent from my CLT-L09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Qavion likes this.
  6. LP360

LP360 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 12, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lee

Sent from my CLT-L09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Thanks, Lee!

That was the only thing that really made sense to me.

This seems to confirm that the module needs permanent battery (red wire) power (as well as key power) to operate the left/right turn signals. The hazards need only the red wire. Unfortunately, knowing this, it makes diagnosis harder for some faults.

LP360 likes this.
  8. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell