Looking for Mondials in Houston | FerrariChat

Looking for Mondials in Houston

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by jordan747_400, Mar 9, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Is there anyone in the Houston area with a Mondial (Ideally a 3.2 or T) that would be up for sharing their ownership experience over coffee one of these mornings? I’m getting semi serious about looking for one and would like to learn more. I last drove a Mondial T more than a decade ago and haven’t been around one since. I’d love to look around one, see how my son’s car seat might fit in the back, and even ideally go for a quick spin. If anyone is up for it, I’d be more than happy to offer up a spin in my Lotus Elise, as well.

paulchua and carguyjohn350 like this.
  2. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Ask a moderator to move this post to the Mondial section.

I made this same request about 10 years ago, and a nice guy named Howard showed me his 3.2 cab. But I don’t think he lives here anymore.

Another idea is to contact the local FCA chapter and ask....they have a picture of a Mondial on the first page of the website.

3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Welcome, what would you like to know?

Cheers

4. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Look up the kind gentleman at M.Brandon Motorcars. I believe that he has at least one 3.2 in Houston. If you're up for a bit of a drive, I'm in Austin and happy to show you what a 60K mile example looks like. Another forumite was kind enough to extend the courtesy to me in 2014 and I'm happy to return the favor.

Oh, and these will not have the lithe immediacy that you're accustomed to with your Elise. They do weigh 1,000 lbs more and are a much older platform. Regardless, if you don't approach them with too high of expectations, you're unlikely to be disappointed. They're wonderful, charming cars.

Cheers,

2cam

donkost and Texas Forever like this.
  5. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    No, they’re friggin awesome cars! I’d be hard pressed to trade it for ANYTHING!

6. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Thanks for the replies, everyone. I’ll reach out to a few of you privately.

paulchua likes this.
  7. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Jordon, a mondo? Whatever happened to the Enzo idea? Go with the Brandon Motorsports lead. He has one of the best in existence.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    feel free to post any questions publically, one of the best things about Mondial is the community.

9. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    FYI car seat fits just fine int he back. I used one for my daughter both front and rear facing. I folded the seat down and then secured it in. Can work traditionally but this gave more leg room to the passenger.

10. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Grady Owens, FCA...(512BLU here) has a white Mondial cab, his wife drives.....displayed at Franco's events....