Looking at a few f12s, are the owners here? | FerrariChat

Looking at a few f12s, are the owners here?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by eurocg, Mar 7, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. eurocg

eurocg Karting

Jun 14, 2019
    Florida
    Full Name:
    C
    Good morning Gentlemen,

I have been on the hunt for an f12 now for a few months. Had a couple already slip through my fingers but have been looking at these two examples and wanted to know of anyone here has seen them, owned them, or knows their story?

First one is at Pagani Beverly Hills

http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/225faed3

Second one is at Lake Forest Ferrari

http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/227c6303

I would love a late 2016-2017 if I could choose. But these caught my eye.

I can’t tell if the blu one has AFS. That is kind of a deal breaker for me unless you veterans say it isn’t needed. I use it on every drive with my 458.

Would love your opinions and thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. KY _Soldier

KY _Soldier Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    Can't go wrong with TDF blue. Both are very nice. You must like the racing seats ;)

3. RDItalian

RDItalian Rookie

Jun 17, 2019
    Nor. Cal - Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    The blue is great. Im with you, I like the race seats.

The white one was sold about 12-18 months ago at a small dealer in Concord, Ca. I went to look at it, it was nice very clean but personally I just can’t get over the mods. Aftermarket wheels, suspension, spoiler, and I believe exhaust as well.

4. Phillychoi

Phillychoi Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 4, 2020
    Lansdale, PA
    I like the first one except the exhaust tips.

5. Bobby_P

Bobby_P Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    The blue F12 doesn't have AFS (see window sticker). I am shopping F12s as well. For me...while I know F12s (particularly '16 & '17s) are having something of a "moment" right now...at $260k for a 2015 without AFS/cameras/suspension lifter/racing seat lifter...well, that price is getting just too close to '18 812 prices and given the limited "desirable" options mentioned...well, just can't seem to justify the pricing...all IMO, of course.

After missing out on several F12s...meaning sold same day they are listed...I am getting ready to chuck the F12 idea and just go 812...some dealers, in my experience, seem eager to move their 812s.

Attached Files:

6. eurocg

eurocg Karting

Jun 14, 2019
    Florida
    Full Name:
    C
    Thanks for the reply’s

I meant to say nose lift not AFS earlier. Though I do want both. Nose lift being the deal breaker.

These two just happened to have race seats. Looking for a different spec is all really.

Ferrari of Atlanta has a nice Blue America for 219k with everything. Was going to check it out when I am down there in a couple weeks if nothing else shows up.

Bobby, how did you get the window sticker if you don’t mind me asking? I also agree with you on pricing. They are getting very close to 812s. I prefer the styling of an f12 versus the 812. But if prices keep holding, might have to look at those. I want the v12 and both cars have no nonsense motors. So win either way there.

7. Bobby_P

Bobby_P Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    I just sent an email requesting the window sticker. A salesperson, Tyler Dean, was very prompt in providing the sticker and answering a couple of questions.

8. eurocg

eurocg Karting

Jun 14, 2019
    Florida
    Full Name:
    C
    Nice.

Hoping as we near spring more of the cars come out of the woodwork.

Bobby_P likes this.
  9. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    My dealer has my exF12. 2016. Black black. Has lifter afs. Ferrari CF. Curtis. Limited carbon but it’s a deal.

10. eurocg

eurocg Karting

Jun 14, 2019
    Florida
    Full Name:
    C
    I just put a deposit on a 2015 TDF Blue. :)

Thank you for the ping though

11. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    The cuoio interior of the blu one is gorgeous

12. eurocg

eurocg Karting

Jun 14, 2019
    Florida
    Full Name:
    C
    Here are a few shots from today.

Attached Files:

13. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    Those pictures are in some weird format or something?

14. eurocg

eurocg Karting

Jun 14, 2019
    Florida
    Full Name:
    C
    Apple’s raw format - looks like the forum doesn’t know how to deal with it. Makes you download and then open.

Let me see if I can convert to jpeg.

15. bamaman

bamaman Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2015
    Mobile Alabama
    Full Name:
    William M (B.J.) Lyon, Jr.
    I am out on the non factory wheels on the first one.

dcmetro likes this.
  16. eurocg

eurocg Karting

Jun 14, 2019
    Florida
    Full Name:
    C
    What got me was the front bumper alignment. Looks like something happened to it. Made me start to question what the car has been through.

350MH83 likes this.
  17. rossodino

rossodino Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2007
    corona del mar, ca.
    Full Name:
    bruce sansone
    Good spot on your part, I did not even see that when I first looked at it. Totally agree when I see stuff like that I always think now what is there that I can't see pass.

18. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    I saw that as well and that bothered me. It might just be that they pulled the bumper to wrap it, but it's already a red flag to me.

19. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    is this car the from lake forest?

20. eurocg

eurocg Karting

Jun 14, 2019
    Florida
    Full Name:
    C
    Different TDF Blue from Hyman. I have a deposit on it awaiting an inspection.

Only thing I am on the fence over are the shields, or the lack there of in this case.

Part of me really likes the clean lines, then another part likes the touch of yellow.

21. rossodino

rossodino Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2007
    corona del mar, ca.
    Full Name:
    bruce sansone
    Wow the TDF with cuolo really looks great, they complement each other nicely ,as far as the shields go either way these F-12's look great, I would just take the car as is, A Big Congrats!

22. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    ok ...gotcha.

23. BusterX

BusterX Karting

Aug 24, 2016
    Can you elaborate on your highlighted point?

24. Bobby_P

Bobby_P Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    I started my search for a F12 in September, 2020. At that time there were several choices of '16 & '17 F12s with nice options and low miles...and lower prices than what I see today for similar cars.

I was holding out for a car equipped with race seats and didn't think I needed to rush as cars were taking their time leaving a dealer's inventory.

Within the last two months low mile '16 & '17 F12s (particularly '17s) disappear and/or have deposits placed on them the same day they show up in inventory. There are at least three '17 F12s within the last month that had deposits placed on them same day they showed up in inventory--Cauley, Ferrari BH, Ferrari Austin...and I may have forgotten others.

Whereas I still see some '14 & '15 F12s available that I recall seeing in late-2020.

Additionally, pricing for the '16 & 17s has drifted up...while 812 pricing has been drifting downward (plenty of inventory there). The delta between a '16/'17 F12 and a '18/'19 812 is shrinking to the point that the 812 is becoming compelling...at least to this shopper.

So..."something of a moment"...IMO.