430 - 430 later years vs early years | FerrariChat

430 430 later years vs early years

Discussion in '360/430' started by THE VATICANTS, Mar 8, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. THE VATICANTS

THE VATICANTS Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    VATICANT
    My apologies if this has been asked before but I couldn’t find if so. I heard from several people when buying a 430, obviously I guess as with most models, it’s better to buy the later years. Especially 2008 and 2009. While often hearing that, I could never get specific answers as to why. Anything I should know besides just the obvious that they probably improved their game year over a year? I know headers etc. were issues early on etc.
    Teach me!!! Thnx. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MotorInteractive

2. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    It has been covered a lot

General things like trunk carpet more finished, improved parts inc headers

3. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
  4. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    There are slight differences but all years of F430 are great and you will never notice a difference driving one over the other unless they have ceramics. I wouldn’t hold off on the perfect 05 for an 08

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manda racing likes this.
  5. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    If you want an F1 car go for an MY08. It's a big difference.

6. Gillis Haasnoot

Gillis Haasnoot Karting

Feb 4, 2020
    Leiden, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Gillis Haasnoot
    Honestly. I drove a late 08 last week. I tried to notice the difference in shifting between my own 06. I noticed zero differences in low rev shifting. Slightly faster in higher revs I think. But absolutely not overwhelmingly faster. I did notice more intensive blipping during downshifting in the 08 version.
    But again. It's difficult to compare. All these 430 cars show slight variations in a lot of different things. Steering, sound, gear etc.
    But still they are all quite similar.

DOWORKFCAR likes this.
  7. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i have an 06 and late model 08. wldnt be able to tell the difference by driving them.

Zed82, Texas Forever, crinoid and 4 others like this.
  8. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    If there were any problems with a car, they were certainly fixed once, because nobody drives around with a defective Ferrari until 2021. The F430 is generally considered a very solid and reliable model. I would rather pay attention to the current state of maintenance than to the year of production.

9. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    FWIW I have an '07 spider shifts in Sport are great in Race, they are lightning I generally drive sport, as most of the seat time is spirited driving around town on weekends. the car is a tad to stiff / twitchy in race mode for my taste. Sport is more confidence inspiring. to me, also, handling wise, TP's make a huge difference. I generally drive with all 4 at 30 psi cold heat up nice and even

10. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    There are plenty of Ferraris owned by people that are more than happy to live with anomalies and problems rather then pay to get them resolved.
    The idea that all F430s are thus "sorted" and fine at this point is not based in fact.

11. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    In my logic, then, these are the cars "in poor state of maintenance".

efg2014 likes this.
  12. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    But that is not how you are using the disclaimer of being concerned with "current maintenance". You made a broad and general claim that all cars must have had previous issues corrected by now, as no one would drive a car with deficiencies today, in 2021.

"If there were any problems with a car, they were certainly fixed once, because nobody drives around with a defective Ferrari until 2021."

Clearly there are cars like that and one needs to be a careful shopper and have a properly performed inspection, but a trusted technician. I have personally seen 430s that had spotless and current maintenance records, dealer serviced and failed a pre purchase inspection with problems simply ignored or never known.