Steering wheel led shift lights | FerrariChat

Steering wheel led shift lights

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by THE VATICANTS, Mar 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. THE VATICANTS

THE VATICANTS Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    VATICANT
    Someone told me each led light represents a certain rpm number. I can’t find info how much rpm per light. Does anyone know? Thx.

2. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    I dont have the answer, but that will definitely vary for each car as they have different red zones, and first led steering wheels had 5 leds, now they have 9 (including 2 blue).

3. Regular Guy 01

Regular Guy 01 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 10, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Eugene Greer
    I might be wrong but my memory seams to think the first light comes on at 5k and then each additional light at 1k increments. My car is a '14 458 with 5 leds.
    5000 = 1 light
    6000 = 2 lights
    7000 = 3 lights
    8000 = 4 lights
    9000 = 5 lights

Just from my old brain.
    GG

THE VATICANTS likes this.
  4. MrF355

MrF355 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Kimi
    You can adjust at what RPM the lights are to start coming on at. Its in the owner's manual.

THE VATICANTS likes this.
  5. THE VATICANTS

THE VATICANTS Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    VATICANT
    Really? I can’t seem to find it anywhere in the manual or in the dashboard computer settings.

6. Mcsf1010

Mcsf1010 Rookie

Jan 2, 2020
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    Hi everyone, wanted to bump and revive this old thread. I had a CarPlay compatible headunit installed in my 2010 California and now one of the shift lights is permanently stuck on. All of the lights are working because they flash when you turn the car on, but having one bright red LED always pointed at my face is distracting and weird. Any idea how to fix? I tried looking in both the manual and dash computer settings as well. Thank you!

7. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    You're looking at your steering wheel?

Nospinzone likes this.
  8. Mcsf1010

Mcsf1010 Rookie

Jan 2, 2020
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    Yes sir. (And also based in Texas, for what it's worth.) I thought it could maybe be related to the cold but that seemed less likely. They suggested disconnecting the battery to reset the car but I wanted to wait to hear from FerrariChat first.

Texas Forever likes this.
  9. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Why not look at the tach as well as listening to the motor. Doesnt Ferrart still use tachometers in their cars ? Maybe just disconnect them all together ? A lot less distracting , no ? I would not want lights on a steering wheel which coordinate with the motors revs while Im driving in a road car . F1 is most likely different, Im not sure if those machines have tachos in them .

Big G

10. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Gino, today’s Ferraris are NOT easy to just listen to revs and watch tachs like usual… they get to 8k+ RPM WAY too quickly and easily… the steering wheel LEDs are quite useful and not just a pretty option.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

11. Mcsf1010

Mcsf1010 Rookie

Jan 2, 2020
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    As an update, we tried disconnecting the battery which did not fix the issue. Next step is taking the car to the dealer on Monday.

12. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO

Ok, I guess if I ever get the opportunity, I would like to see so for myself. Hope you get it sorted.

Thx G

13. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    The tach and the lights are pretty much just for looks. You can exceed most speed limits in second gear.