SF90 Stradale Spider | Page 12 | FerrariChat

SF90 Stradale Spider

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by Ferrari 308 Vetro, Jul 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ltfor3

Ltfor3 Karting

Oct 14, 2013
    FL
    Full Name:
    L.T.
    Malek, Jonathan19, F2003-GA and 7 others like this.
  2. Ltfor3

Ltfor3 Karting

Oct 14, 2013
    FL
    Full Name:
    L.T.
    BTW love the idea of RF on this car and agree the black roof would look amazing. The pista with the black stripes is

3. Nicolas21

Nicolas21 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2016
    Near a nuclear powerplant
    Full Name:
    Nicolas
    Congrats !!! :)
    My opinion for the interior: black and white ^^

456-boy and Ltfor3 like this.
  4. D11

D11 Karting

Sep 26, 2010
    That Rosso Fuoco Pista pic in the sunlight is incredible. Is that a USD $26,000 -$30,000 triple layer paint too?

Pardon perhaps the stupid question here - Is everyone that is posting a configuration pic of the Spider using the dealer configurator? I cannot get Ferrari’s abysmal online home configurator to do much of anything and it appears in the US that the Spider one is not even available yet.

5. Alex_Spider

Alex_Spider Rookie

Jan 15, 2006
    would anyone know the up charge for colored carbon? and are their separate charges to have the interior carbon colored as well?

6. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    I believe its in the $5-6K range, It's the final clearcoat put on the CF that has the tint (blue, red, green etc) within it. It's one charge for all the pieces you order.

7. Ltfor3

Ltfor3 Karting

Oct 14, 2013
    FL
    Full Name:
    L.T.
    I have seen a lot of thoughts here on the AF package and its use on the spider. I get that it’s not really necessary and doesn’t make sense, but I really do prefer the look of the spoiler and even the stripe. I don’t care as much about resale or collectibility but it probably makes the car more rare even if only for the simple reason most won’t do it because it doesn’t really make sense. :)
    My angst comes from the loss of bumpy road and the lift. I have used both a lot on these cars. I’m not sure it’s necessary but when going over speed bumps or RR Xings it’s nice to have the option.

I would do it for what you get, but what you lose makes it a much tougher call.

8. Alex_Spider

Alex_Spider Rookie

Jan 15, 2006
    can explain how to have the engine bay signed by members of the Ferrari team that I have seen on other models before? and the cost behind it?

9. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
  10. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Boots, Malek, Zlaatan and 10 others like this.
  11. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    it cost me 43 k us to go with blue carbon on the outside and inside of my Pista spider...that’s above the cost of the regular up charge for black carbon.

of2worlds likes this.
  12. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    So you can put a cost on beauty?! But seriously, have seen (images) of Pistas and LaFerrari with blue carbon, and it looks otherworldly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    I think you should go for what you want, these arguments have been made since the 16M was released and guess what each of these hardcore spiders sell out and retain their values quite well. Buy what you love and don't listen to the naysayers.

jm2, Ltfor3 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  14. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
  15. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Ferrari should have offered two levels for the AF package. One (1) a visual package with the spoiler and lightweight parts. Second level (2) the suspension changes. With that said perhaps the suspension changes are a requirement of the greater downforce generated by the AF package. The more versatile performance of the base model has a more useful appeal than the drama the AF option creates for a spider.

D11 and Ltfor3 like this.
  16. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Yes, I agree and with this package you can't get the lifter so it's not going to be useful as a DD. It's very stiff and hard to ride in according to the SA because it's track focused.

of2worlds likes this.
  17. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    Very surprised to hear people are buying SF90 as DD. I’ve driven the AF optioned car and suspension is very similar to Pista.

18. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
  19. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I was thinking about replacing the Portofino with this car for my wife but I would drive it too.. However, she DDs the Portofino and this car clearly wouldn't be a good DD compared to the Portofino.

F2003-GA, Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  20. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    No, this I’m in agreement with you. I meant to say stiffness/ride rather than suspension, not sure how to edit my own post.

21. Ltfor3

Ltfor3 Karting

Oct 14, 2013
    FL
    Full Name:
    L.T.
    Blu Elettrico 2020? Or TDF. Really hard to tell in the light.

22. D11

D11 Karting

Sep 26, 2010
    That factory car above is definitely Blu Elettrico

Caeruleus11, of2worlds and Ltfor3 like this.
  23. D11

D11 Karting

Sep 26, 2010
    I was told that the price of colored carbon has actually come down in price from the Pista. Not sure if Ferrari has improved their efficiency in doing it or the process has changed, but apparently it may not be as expensive as it was prior. Worth inquiring more.

More would have ordered the AF Pack if it did not negate the front lift. Buyers can live without the Bumpy Road Mode, but many have been really hesitant about losing the front lift. The car is already quite heavy compared to others, I’d be curious to drive a AF car back to back with a non AF car in Sport/Race setting and see if it was even noticeable on the street.

Ltfor3 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  24. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA