Brexit where to buy parts in Europe | FerrariChat

Brexit where to buy parts in Europe

Discussion in 'Holland/Belgium' started by MD355, Feb 23, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MD355

MD355 Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2004
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    MD
    Now that Brexit has taken place, it has become very difficult, time-consuming and expensive to buy parts from my favorite on-line Ferrari parts shop located in the UK.

So any suggestions where to buy Ferrari parts in the EU with good service, good availability, good prices ?

Thanks !!

2. Nicolas21

Nicolas21 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2016
    Near a nuclear powerplant
    Full Name:
    Nicolas
  3. Harry-SZ

Harry-SZ F1 Rookie

In the Netherlands you can also buy parts at Kroymans Ferrari-dealer.
    Prices are not bad and good/fast service.

MvT likes this.
  4. Stef65

Stef65 Karting

Apr 28, 2015
    reg Antwerp Belgium
    Full Name:
    Stef
  5. Robbe

Robbe Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2013
    The Netherlands
    Eurospares sells the parts ex-VAT to EU-countries, so when Fedex charges you EU-VAT, you only have paid once.

6. VetroresinaNL

VetroresinaNL Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Vetroresina
    What do you need?

7. pedros1973

pedros1973 Rookie

Mar 9, 2021
    new calédonia
    Full Name:
    blanciak
    HI;
    I know these dealers but they don't have this part.
    This part is sold with the steering and I'm just looking for this part.
    Do you know any other inner tie rod dealers?
    In any case I never found this piece. There are for the 348,550 .. but for the World T and I really don't know why. Can an inner tie rod be the same as another ferrari than the Mondial T?

I looking for just this part.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Thank you for your answers.

Pierre

Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Why it became difficult? Prior to it the shops would charge VAT, now they will simply export it without VAT. Apart from paying VAT of your home country, what else has changed?

9. pedros1973

pedros1973 Rookie

Mar 9, 2021
    new calédonia
    Full Name:
    blanciak
    ?

Why do you send this message?

I m looking a part!

10. MD355

MD355 Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2004
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    MD
    In my country, Greece, when we import from the UK parts, we have to pay import tax (since UK is no longer in the EU) , VAT and a fee for the company that provides the service to import.

For example, an order from Euro*****s in the amount of EUR 450 can cost an additional EUR 200 !!!

Before, if you imported parts using your company VAT , you simply paid EUR 450 !! So it is an additional 40-45% on some orders !!

Even a cheap parts that I ordered from the UK that cost GBP 14, I was asked to pay EUR 45 by DHL to prepare the import documents. I argued that since GBP 14 (approx EUR 16) is below the threshold of EUR 22 which is the limit for orders without duties, they said I have to add shipping which was another GBP 20. This is crazy !!!

11. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    If correctly, nothing has really changed for EU residents other then Import duties.. You pay at Eurospares, Superformance etc the price without VAT and when it arrives in a EU country you pay the normal VAT that normally UK in the past also charged (EU wide). The difference in NL is that you pay an additional custom handling fee of 15 euro at Postnl and 2% of the value at DHL. Above 150 euro you pay import duties in the EU. However, for import duties the shipping rates & insurance are counted too, but still not for VAT.

DHL is very clear on their website under 22 euro that they do not charge VAT. Shipping costs are never included in VAT. Import Duties are when it is above 150 euro. For car parts the rate may vary. In NL import duties are 3 to 4,5% for car parts, depending which parts.

So if I buy a complete clutch of 1000 euro I pay:
    1210 euro VAT included (which I would normally also pay when GB was still in the EU
    1210 + 2% Custom Fee = 24,2 euro + (4,5% on 1060 Part+shipping = 47,7) = 1281,90

So on a part of 1000 euro I would need to pay 71,90 euro more with the current BREXIT.
    Not sure where DHL in your country gets 200 euro on a 450 euro part, unless the Import duty rates in Greece are ridiculously high.

12. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    The old mini racks should be the same...you can look on those websites !

13. 328gts1987

328gts1987 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 11, 2007
    Rotterdam Holland
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Thx for the clear example Tijn.