Openflash tablet for 458 | FerrariChat

Openflash tablet for 458

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by regy53, Mar 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. regy53

regy53 Rookie

May 8, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ross C
    Hi all

So I am thinking about modifications for the 458 and I wish to have the exhaust valves unplugged or be able to turn them on and off, which obviously is either A, pull the vacuum or b buy the forza box.
    Then i found on here the Openflash tablet which upon a few emails seems a much better solution despite being in the UK. You can set it for example the valves are always open in race, you can add the crackles back like the 2010 cars, also a small beneficial remap and many other things it seems.

Does anybody run one? how have you found it. I did search but there wasn't to much around, are they something you can plug in time and time again and tinker? or is it upload and forget

For me I think the valve control with it and also the crackle maps being back are the biggest plus' perhaps along side the throttle mapping which might make motorway driving better

cheers

Baitschev likes this.
  2. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    All of the above are true. If you don’t like the on-off switch nature of the stock throttle mapping, you can have that revised, too. That was actually my main motivation, as I find the stock mapping way too sensitive to drive the car smoothly, especially in traffic. You get a few months consulting with it to get the mapping and features the way you want it. Highly recommended.
    While you don’t need to be a computer genius to get it to work, some basic computer literacy (like downloading and extracting files; yes, it seems crazy to have to mention stuff like this, but I’m constantly surprised at how many people are unable to create and navigate file directories) will help you navigate the installation.
    On the performance side, there isn’t that much added total or peak hp, but it’s where the added hp gets put. The midrange is especially fattened. You will love it.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat